2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums Regional Forums UK Aluminium Window/Door Trim Oxidisation

05-24-2013, 03:33 AM   #1
wsmdesign
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F10 520D SE

Aluminium Window/Door Trim Oxidisation

Hi folks

Newbie here and have a quick question (I will have others though) about the aluminium trim on a 520d SE 2010.

The trim on my car looks like it is fading or it has become oxidised....I've tried numerous products but nothing seems to bring it back to how it should look. I had a similar problem on an Audi I owned and they replaced FOC as it the car was less than a year old. I am not sure if I need to take it back to the dealer but just wanted to check if anyone else has had similar issues and what they've done to rectify. ANy help would be much appreciated.

thanks

Walter
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2013, 03:53 AM   #2
Jon D
Brigadier General
Scotland
Rep
Drives: 2022 840d

Can't help you at the moment, but I have a small oxidisation mark on the matt aluminium trim of my 640i - I'll be calling in to my local detailer soon and will let you know what they recommend.
Do you have matt or bright trim?
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2013, 03:59 AM   #3
wsmdesign
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F10 520D SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon D View Post
Can't help you at the moment, but I have a small oxidisation mark on the matt aluminium trim of my 640i - I'll be calling in to my local detailer soon and will let you know what they recommend.
Do you have matt or bright trim?
Hi - thanks for the reply. I have the bright trim. It's pretty much all over to be honest. Someone suggested Autosol ???

thanks again

Walter
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2013, 04:59 AM   #4
Jon D
Brigadier General
Scotland
Rep
Drives: 2022 840d

Quote:
Originally Posted by wsmdesign View Post
Hi - thanks for the reply. I have the bright trim. It's pretty much all over to be honest. Someone suggested Autosol ???

thanks again

Walter
Be careful if you use Autosol, it's quite abrasive. You could always do a 'google' search for detailers in your area and seek their advice.
Appreciate 0