2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums General 5-Series Sedan and Wagon (F10 / F11) Forum F10 pulling to the right...

01-22-2011, 01:01 PM   #331
delvek
Major
Germany
Rep
Drives: 2014 550i Msport

For reasons I wont go into, I am bowing out of this thread and this whole issue.

My last comment is ...

Roadcrown as a reason is the dealer saying . At this point it is my belief that should you own a F10 that had a build week from week 1 until mid summer then any further conversation on fixing this issue would be better spent doing more creative things like on each other or maybe standing in front of the Welt with a pose like this or meeting the engineers at the local biergarten for round of this so you can pray to the porcelain goddess for the answer, lastly if none of that works we can dig up Einstein and open his head and just maybe he left the answer for us in their.

Peace out on the pull.

Last edited by delvek; 02-09-2011 at 04:34 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2011, 05:51 AM   #332
Dulles530
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 530i

Update on my situation

So just back from service visit #2 and the infamous grinding noise seems to be fixed - they "dampened the ARS valves" and did a complete reprogramming.

However the right pulling is still there. If I settle the car into a straight line, it starts to pull after 2-3secs. It still seems abnormal, and I sense that I am still inputting left steering t keep it on a straight line.

I'm in discussions with BMW NA about this and we're one service visit away from Lemon law territory. Even more amazing is what the phone rep told me about my pulling/problem. "You know the new 5 series has new steering technology which tracks with the direction of the road. It takes some getting used to". Huh? Tracks with the road.. is that why the road goes straight and the steering tries to send me off the road? Amazing..
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2011, 06:23 PM   #333
cagatacos
Enlisted Member
Portugal
Rep
Drives: f11 520 d sport auto

Came back from dealer. Had a direction aligment andt the front right wheel wasnīt in side of the tolerance parameters. Much better now but still not perffect. The steering wheel position was corrected. Now it seems to go straight (some pulling after 5 seconds in some roads). Still have the zig zag wondering with wind. SO WHATīS NEXT?
Is there a sollution
By the way the news f11 an f10 from 2011 are suufering from this problem?
I donīt see any new posts about that.
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2011, 02:29 AM   #334
JOHNBMWM5
Live for today tomorrow never comes
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2022 LCI Marina Bay Blue/ Smok

Quote:
Originally Posted by cagatacos View Post
Came back from dealer. Had a direction aligment andt the front right wheel wasnīt in side of the tolerance parameters. Much better now but still not perffect. The steering wheel position was corrected. Now it seems to go straight (some pulling after 5 seconds in some roads). Still have the zig zag wondering with wind. SO WHATīS NEXT?
Is there a sollution
By the way the news f11 an f10 from 2011 are suufering from this problem?
I donīt see any new posts about that.
Mine is a 2011, NO Problems at all.
      02-05-2011, 06:20 PM   #335
lawbuz
Rep
Drives: 535

I have already had 3 service appts to address the steering to the right issue and it has not been remedied. The service consisted of adjusting tiring pressure, manipulating the struts and thirdly a steering programming update. This seems to be the usual course of remedies.

Question -- Has anyone seen service depts employ other tools to address this?

Question -- Has anyone begun proceedings under thier state's lemon law provisions and how successful have things been?

Thank you in advance.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2011, 03:20 AM   #336
vaiska
Registered
Finland
Rep
Drives: F10 520dA

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawbuz View Post
I have already had 3 service appts to address the steering to the right issue and it has not been remedied. The service consisted of adjusting tiring pressure, manipulating the struts and thirdly a steering programming update. This seems to be the usual course of remedies.

Question -- Has anyone seen service depts employ other tools to address this?

Question -- Has anyone begun proceedings under thier state's lemon law provisions and how successful have things been?

Thank you in advance.
Steering to the right issue solved. I had a serious zig zag, pulling to the right and requiring constant input to keep the car straigt problem.

Solution: I got my car from local dealer yesterday and they told that suspension was adjusted. There is some kind of pre tension which was adjusted as tight as possible. Now it feels like sport mode suspension. Not so comfortable as earlier but I can live with it and now it feels like it should

The electric steering is not perfect yet but the main problem was suspension. It was too limb.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2011, 06:11 AM   #337
wannes
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 535 E61

They allready did the tension setting on mine ....and no change become

Delivery end oct. 2010
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2011, 01:46 PM   #338
GGPlena
Private
Rep
Drives: 530d

Quote:
Originally Posted by delvek View Post
For reasons I wont go into, I am bowing out of this thread and this whole issue.

At this point it is my belief that should you own a F10 that had a build week from week 1 until mid summer then any further conversation on fixing this issue would be better spent doing more creative things like on each other
Shyt! You are actually saying that there is an unfixable engineering fault on early F10s...

Oh my...
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2011, 04:22 PM   #339
Evil335i
twin-turbo baby!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i

Man...i took my car to the dealer last week & i told them that my steering wheel was not straight and was tilted to the right a little bit. I told them i wanted only a alginment only. Then my service guy told me they performed the whole pulling to the right issue with my car & did all the software upgrades. NOW my car is zig-zaging when im driving..its like the steering wheel is really sensitive. does anyone here have this problem? Im planning on bring my car back & tell them to restore it back to how it was & just fix the steering wheel problem.
      02-09-2011, 01:55 AM   #340
tetiker
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2014 Porsche 911S

Hi everybody,
After all fixes, now my car pulls to the right or left according to the road conditions. But a little time it goes stright. It starts pulling after 5-6 secods and changing line after 30 seconds.

all the people that say their car has pulling to the right issue,is your car ever pulls to the left? or in all conditions it pulls to the right?

P.S: I am writing this message at BMW service

Last edited by tetiker; 03-29-2012 at 02:22 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2011, 02:30 AM   #341
Touring
Major
Norway
Rep
Drives: i3,E21,M2,E23, Skoda Kodiaq

Quote:
Originally Posted by tetiker View Post
and changing line after 30 seconds.
Cant even sleep for half a minute anymore without the car going all over the place!
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2011, 06:36 AM   #342
F11-Diesel
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F11 530 D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Touring View Post
Cant even sleep for half a minute anymore without the car going all over the place!
Well it's all about efficientdynamics.
You wanted it, you got it.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2011, 07:48 AM   #343
stevelup
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 520d F10 with lots of toys

Mine is currently pulling in both directions. It is almost impossible to drive in a straight line, but it neither pulls left or right. Basically, it just carries on going in the direction of the last steering input.

So if I nudge the wheel slightly to the right, it carries on going to the right. If I nudge slightly to the left, it carries on going left. It is impossible to let go of the wheel for even two or three seconds.

It is going in on Friday to have KDS Wheel Alignment. I'll report back once it's done...
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2011, 11:35 AM   #344
Touring
Major
Norway
Rep

First they where pulling to the right, now left and right. Whats next? Suddenly goes into reverse??

Im just happy im still alive :-)

Last edited by Touring; 02-09-2011 at 11:50 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2011, 12:17 PM   #345
bimmerfrei
Enlisted Member
Sweden
Rep
Drives: 2011 528i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Touring View Post
First they where pulling to the right, now left and right. Whats next? Suddenly goes into reverse??

Im just happy im still alive :-)
Yeah, go ahead and make fun of all of us with cars that don't perform like a true BMW should. As I've posted before, my car also has a tendency to pull in both directions. But if you, Touring, are blessed with a car that doesn't have any faults, I think you should s--- t-- f--- up and be happy.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2011, 12:23 PM   #346
grimlock
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F10 N52B30@255PS

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevelup View Post
Mine is currently pulling in both directions. It is almost impossible to drive in a straight line, but it neither pulls left or right. Basically, it just carries on going in the direction of the last steering input.
i. If it is "pulling in both directions", its technically not pulling.
ii. If it is "impossible to drive in a straight line", how did you get home?
iii. "but it pulls neither left or right", umm
iv. "Basically, it just carries on going in the direction of the last steering input." -ah ha! so it works..

Seriously, you mean the centering force is not enough?
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2011, 12:30 PM   #347
grimlock
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerfrei View Post
Yeah, go ahead and make fun of all of us with cars that don't perform like a true BMW should. As I've posted before, my car also has a tendency to pull in both directions. But if you, Touring, are blessed with a car that doesn't have any faults, I think you should s--- t-- f--- up and be happy.

In light of this, my last post was in poor taste, I apologize.

In the interest of preventing a dangerous escalation of tensions on the Scandinavian peninsula, I propose a tri-party summit, if participants are willing to fly over to asia.

Appreciate 0
      02-09-2011, 12:33 PM   #348
bimmerfrei
Enlisted Member
Sweden
Rep

OK, let's make tea, not war!
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2011, 01:07 PM   #349
blackhawk_pilot2000
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011, BMW 535i

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevelup View Post

So if I nudge the wheel slightly to the right, it carries on going to the right. If I nudge slightly to the left, it carries on going left. It is impossible to let go of the wheel for even two or three seconds.

It is going in on Friday to have KDS Wheel Alignment. I'll report back once it's done...
+1
I hear you loud and clear. Mine behaves the same way after all the fixes. It just not right, then again I think it's just a design flaw, those that report no issue are either pretty lucky or pretty ignorant as to what on center feel is all about.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2011, 01:25 PM   #350
Touring
Major
Norway
Rep

Quote:

Ok sir.

Last edited by Touring; 02-09-2011 at 01:38 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2011, 01:40 PM   #351
grimlock
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
OK, let's make tea, not war!
Hong Kong Tea Party, est. 'today':

Membership requirements: any of the following
1. BMW F10 that works
2. BMW F10 that does not work as it should
3. BMW F10 totally sucks s***
4. actually you don't have to own the car, you just have to like a.complaining b.counter-complaining c.making fun of the complainers

rules for complaining:
i. right to unlimited complaining
ii. anti-complainers/jokers right to one comment per three complaints
iii. profanities allowed, preferably censored (ie.'f*** y** stupid a**h*le')
iv. no violence, reporting to authorities, or 'taking it off board'
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2011, 01:48 PM   #352
bimmerfrei
Enlisted Member
Sweden
Rep

Sign me up and hand me a Singapore Sling!
Appreciate 0