2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums F10 Pricing, Ordering, and Tracking (and European Delivery) Dealer pricing for 550i and 535i F10

06-23-2010, 03:32 PM   #23
jferrell
Private
Rep
Drives: 2004 Mazda3

yea right now the cars hold about 6-7% off and no BMW isn't subsidizing "invoice" sales. We have a problem in this area where most of the metro stores work together to not devalue the brand but the small stores are struggling bad to sell more then 30 cars a month so they are less then intelligent in their pricing IMO. I tell my die hard clients look at the long view. The less and less BMW makes per car(dealerships selling at invoice, or people expecting 500 over) the more they start to cut corners. Right now it's mats and cargo covers but when is it gonna hit performance? Pay to play my friends.
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2010, 11:44 AM   #24
positiveions
Lieutenant General
Lebanon
Rep
Drives: 19 Tacoma, 16 Golf wagon

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by jferrell View Post
yThe less and less BMW makes per car(dealerships selling at invoice, or people expecting 500 over) the more they start to cut corners. Right now it's mats and cargo covers but when is it gonna hit performance?
Apparently you have no idea what you are talking about. BMW started cutting corners way before the downturn of the economy. I've owned 3 generations of 3 series, and every generation, BMW started cutting corners here and there to be profitable. And that was before the time companies like Edmund.com wasn't even invented. BMW must take in consideration that Global economy changes from month to month to year after year. Currency goes up, and currency goes down. Then you have the competition like Audi, and Merc that BMW have to overcome to stay afloat. And if that not even enough, labor unions take a bite out of their profit. Why do you think that some parts are imported from countries like CZech republic, romania, etc... Then BMW does studies: how many people are going to use the tools inside the trunk? only handful, allright, take the tools out. More $$$ to the bottom-end profit. And I have to ask you this, why do you think BMW is building X3s and X5s in the US? You ever thought about that?And on and on we go.
So, you see my friend, purchasing a car at invoice is not going to break the bank; because BMW has already forecasted that. I know a guy that owned 3 generations of 5 series; and this guy was a BMW enthusiast. One time i saw him driving an E350 Merc. I asked him why so? He said that he sat inside an E60 5 series and it felt cheap compared to the older generations. He went on to say that BMW cars felt so isolated and disconnected from the road. To top it off, BMW service went down the drain, according to him. It is not to say Merc is a better brand, but to each is own.
To me I still like them; even though they have done so many changes.
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2010, 09:43 AM   #25
jferrell
Private
Rep
Drives: 2004 Mazda3

I agree they have been cutting corners long before the last year or so however, that "cheap" feeling is a direct result of consumer demand. Regardless of focus groups and enthusiast asking for higher quality what they are willing to pay is the real voice of the people. There are very few car manufacturers that the people say, man they have gotten exponentially better over time. Toyota, GM, Ford, Chrysler and now even Honda have all had their hayday but have had to find ways to cut corners. Do you really think that BMW is trying to increase bottom line profit just cause, 10 or 20 years ago it wasn't uncommon to see dealership profits in the thousands and thousands of dollars per car now because people pay less you're typically in the hundreds so what happens, dealerships have to squeeze BMW. BMW cut profit margins a few years back to remain competitive and keep a certain build quality but their prices aren't astronomically increased. It's a cycle as consumers we create. It's doesn't cost less now to build cars then it did but we want bigger and bigger discounts. Were the only industry to consumers feel comfortable working from cost up, you have Best Buy pricematch the lowest price you find on that new TV but they still typically make a few hundred dollars profit, think about that in comparison to the 500 over invoice people expect on a new car. $1500 tv sells for $2300 and discounts to $2000, $40,000 dollars car holds $2400 profit and we want it for $500 over cost. The profit margins in dollars are the same but the cost of product is 2500% higher.
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2010, 08:15 PM   #26
scarhead
Rep
Drives: M3

Different Prices than Website

I built a 550i on the BMW site and it shows 1950 for the Active Ventilated Seat Pkg, but this sheet shows $2950. Just saying is all...
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2010, 06:58 AM   #27
roho3323
The Professor
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M6, BMW M240i, BMW 750i

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarhead View Post
I built a 550i on the BMW site and it shows 1950 for the Active Ventilated Seat Pkg, but this sheet shows $2950. Just saying is all...
That is because you bundled it with another option...This package contains Comfort Seats, so if you have checked off comfort seats with another package, they don't charge you twice...thus the $1,000 difference.

2010 BMW M6
2007 BMW 335i,2012 Audi S4-retired
2016 BMW 750i M-Sport
2015 BMW M235i-retired, 2022 M240i
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2010, 11:10 AM   #28
bobblehead
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: warp speed

In Canada, I just ordered 550xi awd with Msport package @ dealer cost + $2500 (or about 5.85% off our Cdn MSRP). Production in mid October and here by 1st week of December.
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2012, 02:32 PM   #29
jobyfrancis
Registered
Rep
Drives: x3

2011 535i gt pricing

Can someone please post the pdf for 2011 535i GT? Looking for a used one and trying to match the offer price to the original MSRP. Thank you so very much
Appreciate 0