2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Coding UK 2012 Pro Nav (609) Delay?

07-31-2012, 09:28 AM   #89
ilfz
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F10M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnsbrae View Post
Chris is a fellow Scot.
ah thanks. sorry couldnt see his info since i wrote it from a mobile phone.
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2012, 10:14 AM   #90
byex91
Rep
Drives: 535 xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan l. View Post
Someone over at the Bmw Performance Center here in the states verified that the F10 M5's they have there have the new navigation system. There is still hope for us here....

Alan
you sir maybe a shed of light or the devil just making fun of us. I hope ur right...
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2012, 03:36 PM   #91
M2COMP
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 X5, 2013 550xi, M2C

Any updates today? Thread has gone silent..
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2012, 03:53 AM   #92
cjcj
Rep
Drives: 520d SE Auto

Can any US/Canada/Germany residents with July build pro nav models please confirm which version of the nav you have?

Want to see if it is just the UK that is getting shafted!
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2012, 05:37 AM   #93
Stonehauler
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 04 Lexus GS430

I have not received my car yet. It was built on July 6 and is being held in the port of Baltimore, Maryland over here in the US. We suspect there is either a hold for some reason (EPA) or that they are being held until there are sufficient numbers of the 2013s for a nationwide release to dealers.
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2012, 07:46 AM   #94
Alan l.
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2020 F95 X5M Competition

Same here. My car was finished on July 4th and is still at the NJ Bmw Vehicle Processing Center at the port. My dealer showed me a screen shot and there was some sort of release date of 8/2 (today) so we'll see what happens.

Alan
      08-02-2012, 01:37 PM   #95
byex91
Rep
Drives: 535 xi

mine was also done on july 6th and is currently on the way to Port Heumme on the boat named TOMAR(UK) its scheduled to come on the 8th so I hope the EPA or whatever hold there is will be released by then but I do feel bad for you both who's cars are on the port and are going through agony as you guys wait for your car ...
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2012, 03:49 PM   #96
M2COMP
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 X5, 2013 550xi, M2C

So it seems like old navigation system for US as well. I called my CA and he verified that. Looks like I am going to postpone my ED for now until December as essentially there is no difference between 2012 and 2013 now except that you can get $3000 option incentive on 2012s.
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2012, 05:22 PM   #97
Alan l.
Major General
Rep

We will know for sure next week. M5s at the performance center has the new Nav so we shall see...
      08-05-2012, 08:50 AM   #98
Alan l.
Major General
Rep

A canadian member just took delivery of his 2013 F10 and confirms he has the new Navigation!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by YYZ 535 guy
Can confirm that the new iDrive is in the 2013 (535's) and the quick reference guide will have all the details. Windshield has "connectDrive" blazoned on the centre shaded area (an odd thing to do) below mirror, X-Drive badging is now on left trunk lid, Euro Delivery was amazing with a round robin from MUC to Provence taking the KM from 2.7 to 2580! Its now at Bremerhaven port waiting for a ship.

The car was built in approx 40h and complete July 10.
535i xDrive, Titanium Silver with Oyster Nappa & Black headliner
ZCO - Advance Safety
ZCP - M package
ZCQ - Premium Seating
ZHN - Exec package
ZOX - BMW Aps
2VA - Adaptive Drive
4MR - Aluminum Hex trim
5DF - Active cruise control
610 - HUD (such an improvement from my present car)
416, 417 - Sun blinds

Today, I have an owned from new 2008 535XI and the changes are stunning. I liked very much the new iDrive and Navi (USB stick placed in centre console port loaded the EU maps) and the new iDrive is blindingly fast in everything it does. The delivery concierge had to get a technician to start up the Navi due to the USB Euro maps and software needing an authentication code to enter. The young technician was effervescent over the changes and it has a nifty graphical start-up too.

Ride is bespoke as I chose and wonder why all the fuss from some folks. Sport for those Alps and softly softly for our Toronto hellish roads ...and anything in between. Run flats (which I have for winter here in my old car) are just fine and give a superior quiet and smooth ride vs what I expected from reading on the blogs. Took a while to get used to the adaptive cruise - but its a keeper and steps ahead for safety, especially on the hiways. Did not miss the self hugging side bolsters and the new seating with cooling fans are sofa comfy and ever adjustable to what ever fitting you feel you need. The 12h drive from Cannes to Munich was effortless apart from the car wash where I road rashed the rear right wheel .... this is a big car in Europe and I chose the words smallest car wash all of which appear to have you drive onto wheel ramps with rails with sharp lips on either side to stop the car driving off the edge.

All said she's a beauty, quiet and powerful. I have used these forums for years to make my decisions and you have all been a great help both for the 08 LCI and the 2013 5. Hope my post solves the badging and iDrive and prodcution debates.

The Welt tours were very educational especially the 3 series production line. That said each car is built to order with ad hoc right/left drive , diesel and gasoline, 2 and 4 wheel drive cars being mixed in line behind each other - with 90% of work done by blazingly fast robots! Funny that workers can sit off to the side and smoke and are provided with 1ltr of beer a day! I asked about the five series and it is the same; that is each car built to order 'regardless' of country of destination which blew my impression of the old production lines. They do build a few spare shells (unassigned) in case of line failure but the tour guide said that last year out of the 900 3 series built each day (two shift and closed at night due MUC facility being in the city) and that only two cars were identical. Amazing experience all in all.

Alan
      08-05-2012, 03:47 PM   #99
dgrahamr
Rep
Drives: 328xi

Quote:
A canadian member just took delivery of his 2013 F10 and confirms he has the new Navigation!!
If this turns out to be true, then given how many posts there are here saying CAs said the new Nav won't be until September, then this all proves something I've often thought, which is (1) BMW provides no real opportunity for CAs to get any meaningful info about cars and (2) CAs are afraid of overpromising, so they answer almost every question in the most disappointing possible way (promising nothing positive), since they can't get any info out of BMW.

Something to keep in mind for the future.
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2012, 03:54 PM   #100
stealth.pilot
Knight Commander
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2014 911 Turbo S

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgrahamr View Post
If this turns out to be true, then given how many posts there are here saying CAs said the new Nav won't be until September, then this all proves something I've often thought, which is (1) BMW provides no real opportunity for CAs to get any meaningful info about cars and (2) CAs are afraid of overpromising, so they answer almost every question in the most disappointing possible way (promising nothing positive), since they can't get any info out of BMW.

Something to keep in mind for the future.
There's no inconsistency. Most of the people whose CAs have said September are European customers. Very few US dealers have said September that I am aware off. And let's face it - asking a dealer for facts about a car is like asking a blue shirt at Best Buy about the benefits of an i7 over an i5.
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2012, 04:05 AM   #101
chrisdoha
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2013 530d M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by YYZ 535 guy
Can confirm that the new iDrive is in the 2013 (535's) and the quick reference guide will have all the details. Windshield has "connectDrive" blazoned on the centre shaded area (an odd thing to do) below mirror, X-Drive badging is now on left trunk lid, Euro Delivery was amazing with a round robin from MUC to Provence taking the KM from 2.7 to 2580! Its now at Bremerhaven port waiting for a ship.

The car was built in approx 40h and complete July 10.
535i xDrive, Titanium Silver with Oyster Nappa & Black headliner
ZCO - Advance Safety
ZCP - M package
ZCQ - Premium Seating
ZHN - Exec package
ZOX - BMW Aps
2VA - Adaptive Drive
4MR - Aluminum Hex trim
5DF - Active cruise control
610 - HUD (such an improvement from my present car)
416, 417 - Sun blinds

Today, I have an owned from new 2008 535XI and the changes are stunning. I liked very much the new iDrive and Navi (USB stick placed in centre console port loaded the EU maps) and the new iDrive is blindingly fast in everything it does. The delivery concierge had to get a technician to start up the Navi due to the USB Euro maps and software needing an authentication code to enter. The young technician was effervescent over the changes and it has a nifty graphical start-up too.

Ride is bespoke as I chose and wonder why all the fuss from some folks. Sport for those Alps and softly softly for our Toronto hellish roads ...and anything in between. Run flats (which I have for winter here in my old car) are just fine and give a superior quiet and smooth ride vs what I expected from reading on the blogs. Took a while to get used to the adaptive cruise - but its a keeper and steps ahead for safety, especially on the hiways. Did not miss the self hugging side bolsters and the new seating with cooling fans are sofa comfy and ever adjustable to what ever fitting you feel you need. The 12h drive from Cannes to Munich was effortless apart from the car wash where I road rashed the rear right wheel .... this is a big car in Europe and I chose the words smallest car wash all of which appear to have you drive onto wheel ramps with rails with sharp lips on either side to stop the car driving off the edge.

All said she's a beauty, quiet and powerful. I have used these forums for years to make my decisions and you have all been a great help both for the 08 LCI and the 2013 5. Hope my post solves the badging and iDrive and prodcution debates.

The Welt tours were very educational especially the 3 series production line. That said each car is built to order with ad hoc right/left drive , diesel and gasoline, 2 and 4 wheel drive cars being mixed in line behind each other - with 90% of work done by blazingly fast robots! Funny that workers can sit off to the side and smoke and are provided with 1ltr of beer a day! I asked about the five series and it is the same; that is each car built to order 'regardless' of country of destination which blew my impression of the old production lines. They do build a few spare shells (unassigned) in case of line failure but the tour guide said that last year out of the 900 3 series built each day (two shift and closed at night due MUC facility being in the city) and that only two cars were identical. Amazing experience all in all.
So this car was completed on 10th July and mine was completed on 4th July, bt for UK... thts just not fair from BMW. Is it not possible to lodge a complaint?
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2012, 06:48 AM   #102
arnsbrae
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 520d

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisdoha View Post
So this car was completed on 10th July and mine was completed on 4th July, bt for UK... thts just not fair from BMW. Is it not possible to lodge a complaint?
Mine was built at the end of July and BMW has confirmed it is the old system. It's the usual case of stuffing the British.

Picture yourself in the Dingolfing factory...

Which navigation system should I put in this car? Oh, it's for a British customer - just slap one of the old ones in...

This car production line has a mix of cars for North American customers, British, German etc. Right now they are sitting with two parts bins. The old system for us and the new system for them. I think the words them and us are appropriate in this instance.

After the misinformation here (and no information from BMW), I was fooled into changing my order to a July built F10. By the time I was able to squeeze the ugly truth out of BMW, my car was already built. This was a cynical move by BMW to ensure sales of F10 cars didn't dip ahead of the change and it stinks.

I have complained to BMW UK but they have a standard statement along the lines of "We didn't say UK 5 series cars would have the system from July builds we just said 5 series cars would have the system."

Sucks to be a Brit buying a BMW. Never again.
      08-06-2012, 07:07 AM   #103
chrisdoha
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnsbrae View Post
I have complained to BMW UK but they have a standard statement along the lines of "We didn't say UK 5 series cars would have the system from July builds we just said 5 series cars would have the system."

Sucks to be a Brit buying a BMW. Never again.
How did you get in touch wit them? can you give me the email addess and also is there a proper press release regarding new nav from july build?

I guess I'll drop an email as well....
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2012, 07:45 AM   #104
cjcj
Rep
Drives: 520d SE Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisdoha View Post
How did you get in touch wit them? can you give me the email addess and also is there a proper press release regarding new nav from july build?

I guess I'll drop an email as well....
Same here, I'd also like to register my displeasure.
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2012, 04:59 PM   #105
arnsbrae
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjcj View Post
Same here, I'd also like to register my displeasure.
Just go to the BMW UK site and use Contact us. I have had a string of emails back and forward and, in fairness they always reply within a working day or two. Even if the answer isn't much cop.
      08-07-2012, 12:23 AM   #106
MMVI
Lieutenant
Wales
Rep
Drives: 4 something

Whilst hoping for you all that you would get the new version I knew in my own mind that the old version would be fitted your cars. I would love to get to the bottom of it but know also that the ONLY way to avoid this is to sacrifice the possibly uniquely British thing of taking delivery of a car on or as near as possible one of our bi annual 'purchase year' registration plate changes.

I suspect that BMW have always released MY updates that coincide with this little vanity of ours especially relevant since the change from Aug 1st to Sep & Mar 1st but now actually either rely or dare I say manipulate the market to ensure that the factory is occupied around these times. I think the dealers may also be involved as they have build slots to fill and possibly disregard or direct away any desire of a customer to secure the latest MY with claims of lack of information especially for a fleet car where the disconnect between that wish whilst highly relevant to a private purchase (resale value) does not occur.

I remember once leaving my order for as late as possible for a sep delivery to get a new MY colour, being told of 'no information' regarding that change followed by pressure to place the order to make my required delivery date only for the car to arrive 5 weeks later and sit for 6 weeks in the shed. When I took delivery the very next day a friend received theirs which I could see (other known small changes) was the later model year. I have no proof but I think it would be fair to say I was outwitted on this occasion.

More recently I think i Got acces to a car at a better price as it may have been price held because it was the passing model year though this was never made clear to me as with being fleet this part of the transaction is not relevant. The dates meant there was a chance it was the new MY and I asked and hoped for the new version but low and behold once again it was not.

Am I frustrated about this yes, does it make me want to not buy BMW in the future no, is my car still magnificent albeit without what is if I am honest a trinket yes, do I know what I can do to fix this problem.... Ie give up my desire to take delivery on new car day, yes.

Enjoy the drive of your superb motor the car itself is still the car you wanted.
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2012, 02:03 AM   #107
arnsbrae
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMVI View Post
Whilst hoping for you all that you would get the new version I knew in my own mind that the old version would be fitted your cars. I would love to get to the bottom of it but know also that the ONLY way to avoid this is to sacrifice the possibly uniquely British thing of taking delivery of a car on or as near as possible one of our bi annual 'purchase year' registration plate changes.

I suspect that BMW have always released MY updates that coincide with this little vanity of ours especially relevant since the change from Aug 1st to Sep & Mar 1st but now actually either rely or dare I say manipulate the market to ensure that the factory is occupied around these times. I think the dealers may also be involved as they have build slots to fill and possibly disregard or direct away any desire of a customer to secure the latest MY with claims of lack of information especially for a fleet car where the disconnect between that wish whilst highly relevant to a private purchase (resale value) does not occur.

I remember once leaving my order for as late as possible for a sep delivery to get a new MY colour, being told of 'no information' regarding that change followed by pressure to place the order to make my required delivery date only for the car to arrive 5 weeks later and sit for 6 weeks in the shed. When I took delivery the very next day a friend received theirs which I could see (other known small changes) was the later model year. I have no proof but I think it would be fair to say I was outwitted on this occasion.

More recently I think i Got acces to a car at a better price as it may have been price held because it was the passing model year though this was never made clear to me as with being fleet this part of the transaction is not relevant. The dates meant there was a chance it was the new MY and I asked and hoped for the new version but low and behold once again it was not.

Am I frustrated about this yes, does it make me want to not buy BMW in the future no, is my car still magnificent albeit without what is if I am honest a trinket yes, do I know what I can do to fix this problem.... Ie give up my desire to take delivery on new car day, yes.

Enjoy the drive of your superb motor the car itself is still the car you wanted.
Well, that's a nice theory, wonderfully articulated but it misses the point. BMW put information out saying the new system (which is more than a "trinket") would go into July builds. As a result, I ordered a car for July build and August delivery. I don't give a monkey's stuff about model year registrations as my car is leased. I couldn't even tell you what the current year registration is.
      08-07-2012, 08:16 PM   #108
DitrasetMan
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: None

Any U.S. orderers pick up their F10 yet? I am waiting to order my 535i until i KNOW it will have the new nav...
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2012, 08:51 PM   #109
Alan l.
Major General
Rep

It has already been posted in numerous threads here and bimmerfest that we are getting the new Nav. Bmwusa.com even talks about it.

Alan
      08-08-2012, 03:11 AM   #110
chrisdoha
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep

So, at the moment my fone (HTC Sensation) occasionally has trouble syncing my phonebook or SMS with the car, i think mainly cos BMW has not provided an update for Ice Cream sandwich devices. ... And i guess, I'm right in thinking that BMW is not gona provide any support anymore now that they've got the new NAV system.. so I've gota 2013 car and an up to date fone...bt theres no point..
Appreciate 0