2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums F10 Pricing, Ordering, and Tracking (and European Delivery) Just Ordered, thank you to all

05-22-2011, 03:23 PM   #1
gunship guy
Rep
Drives: A Manual!

Just Ordered, thank you to all

All,

I just ordered an F10 550i this week and wanted to thank everyone for their comments and pictures about your cars it was really helpful.

I ordered my 550i in titanium silver with black nappa and anthracite trim, yes it will be dark, but it looked like the best combo.

Also got the following:
M-sport - I tired w/and w/out and this became a MUST!
conv package - I thought it was cool and worth it
prem 2 - had everything else I wanted
IAS/HUD/Active cruise - could have done without, but they make the car even better
BMW aps - got it only for future potential, I really hope BMW gets their programers in gear and work on some more functionality
8 spd auto - I am a manual guy, but this one converted me, I hate to admit this, but it just shifts better/smarter than I can and I am not going to sell my manual 330 anyway so I can still get my fix

Some of my thoughts after 6 months+ of test drives and research:

I started looking at the 535i/528i which are both great cars and more than plenty of power, so if you like either DON'T under any circumstances drive a 550i or you will buy one like I did; it only took one drive and I never looked back.

Some of the 5's competitors do a few things better, but none of them do it all nearly as well as a BMW. I tried out the 5's equivalent in the MB/Audi/Jag/Lexus/Infiniti and came back to the 5 saying I love this car better in every way, my wife made me try others to rule them out. The 5 in any flavor is just the best all around package available!

I wish BMW would ditch the RFT's and put a dipstick back in their cars, but in reality that didn't stop me from buying another one.

Anyway, mine comes in July and I will post my thoughts on it when I see and drive it.

Again, thank you to all.
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2011, 11:08 PM   #2
soccerguy
Rep
Drives: F10 550i X Drive M-Sport

if you don't mind my asking, what was the deal you got? i just placed my order for 550i x-drive with M-sport and am trying to figure out if i got a good deal or not.
Appreciate 0