2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums F10 Pricing, Ordering, and Tracking (and European Delivery) Delivery Timelines...

07-06-2011, 09:21 AM   #1
PsychDoc
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2024 540ix

Delivery Timelines...

... My car officially "finished production" today. Anyone have any rough estimate of how long it takes from this stage until it reaches the NYC area? BMWNA is very helpful in general but they really seem to have no idea what the timelines might be.
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2011, 01:06 PM   #2
gunship guy
Rep
Drives: A Manual!

Sorry, this is based on my poor memory alone...but mine showed finished production for around 2-3 weeks before it showed up stateside. Hope that helps.
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2011, 01:53 PM   #3
RH512
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 535i xDrive, C4S cab

For mine, completed production 17 March, took delivery 13 April 2011. NYC area.
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2011, 03:25 PM   #4
ghueser
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychDoc View Post
... My car officially "finished production" today. Anyone have any rough estimate of how long it takes from this stage until it reaches the NYC area? BMWNA is very helpful in general but they really seem to have no idea what the timelines might be.
If your car finished today, it is likely to leave Bremerhaven within a week, and will get delieverd to you roughly 3 weeks afterwards. I highly suggest you look at the "How to track your car" threads which will give you a wealth of information on tracking your car outside the BMW network by using the actual shippers from overseas. I was able to track my car down to the ship it was on. (many of us have) ...and was even able to see a live camera feed of it coming into Southampton"s port when it was arriving in England to drop a shipment of cars off. The BMW site will be delayed in getting you information and in order to go the shipper route, you will really need your VIN#, which your dealer should be able to give you at this point.
Appreciate 0