2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums Regional Forums UK Finally, my Baby is delivered...

06-05-2011, 04:25 AM   #23
Captain Chaos
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: cars n stuff

As Xenon says, if you have xenons (no pun intended) then you will have washers in the EU as it's a legal requirement. If you have halogens, you can buy the washers or not, the blanks will be fitted if the latter as the bumper is a single part #.
      06-05-2011, 07:19 AM   #24
Z4C_luvver
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Phoenix Yellow Z4C

Quote:
Originally Posted by K900 View Post
What kind of paint treatment are you going to give? It looks pretty good to me and of course helped by being in Gods Own Country

David
Hi, sorry for the late reply.

I'm going to clay it, put a coat of Klasse All-in-One, then Collinite 845 insulator wax, then top it off with Natty's Blue Wax.

Klasse AIO is well respected as a base-prep. Collinite is a very tough sealant wax, and the Natty's Blue is apparently excellent on dark cars, bringing out a lot of depth.

When I'm done I'll put up more picks.

We've recently moved to the UK, so my weekends are taken up with a lot of home chores at the moment. I do get to clean her weekly, but I need to really treat her with a good top coat!!

Last edited by Z4C_luvver; 06-05-2011 at 09:18 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2011, 01:45 AM   #25
shiner
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 535D MSport Touring

Advice please?

I'd like to put some treatments like that on my car. From new - six weeks ago - I applied a coat of AutoGlym resin polish. So far that's all that's all that's on it.

Do I put the Collinite on then the NAtty's? My paintwork is still immaculate so would I need to clay it down?
Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2011, 07:08 AM   #26
Z4C_luvver
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Phoenix Yellow Z4C

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirkster View Post
Advice please?

I'd like to put some treatments like that on my car. From new - six weeks ago - I applied a coat of AutoGlym resin polish. So far that's all that's all that's on it.

Do I put the Collinite on then the NAtty's? My paintwork is still immaculate so would I need to clay it down?
Thanks.
I've found claying a car gives remarkable results. It knocks off the high spots and removes the pollutants so you don't need to scrub them away with polish.

Go to your car and feel your paintwork using a shopping bag as a glove. You'll be shocked. After claying, it'll be a smooth as a baby's bot-bot.

So yes, if you'd like to go the 'whole hog', clay away. You'll be happy. Waxing the car after is a whole lot easier and less of a chore.

Regards the order of Natty's and Collinite, yes Natty's goes on after Collinite.

Reading the forums here and all the rave reviews, I actually succumbed and bought Jeffs Werkstatt acrylic Jett, which I will use instead of the Collinite.

I hope this helps somewhat.

Last edited by Z4C_luvver; 06-17-2011 at 07:41 AM..
Appreciate 0