2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums General 5-Series Sedan and Wagon (F10 / F11) Forum F10 535i vs XJ supercharged

03-04-2012, 01:51 PM   #23
Sedoy
Captain
Rep
Drives: F10

Pretty much agree with previus orators - reliability is a weakest point of jaguars, but that 1200 watt B&O sound system is amazing as well as 20-way heated and cooled massage seats, 20" stock wheels, S-class rear leg room and 4.4 sec 0-60... a lot of good stuff. In addition in 2 year you will see at least one F10 on the road as opposed to XJ, much more rare car.
BTW, I still respect Jaguar for not forgetting how to build sexy cars (Jaguar C-X16), something what BMW forgot many years ago:

Appreciate 0
      03-04-2012, 01:58 PM   #24
rexus300
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmernerd View Post
Yes they are better off with Tata, to get a better owner than Ford was not difficult. Just take a look at X-type...what a joke! Like I said in my first post in this thread, I really liked the engine in the previous XJR, fabulous!! However I know how much time and money were spent at the mechanics for a lot of the cars that were sold as I worked for a couple of years with Jaguar and Land Rover (Land Rovers were even worse, much worse...)

But I don´t agree that J.D. Power´s ratings are incorrect...never...If you experience a reliable XJ 2011 you are probably lucky. Have you looked at the ratings for Lexus all models? Outstanding, no other brand comes close! And I am certainly not a fan of Japanese cars at all but the facts are there, they are of really better quality than all other competitors.
I take your point. Its just that we had some cars that were rated low on JD power association but turned out to be excellent and so I take it as a grain of salt. One other important thing I learned is NEVER NEVER buy a model in the first model year regardless of brand maybe with the exception of Lexus in our experience.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2012, 05:27 PM   #25
ajherran
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW X5

My friend just returned his XJ under lemon law after numerous mechanical issues. Nice looking car, but it seems Jags still deserve their reputation for lack of reliability.