2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums General 5-Series Sedan and Wagon (F10 / F11) Forum Raise Side Shades Without Lowering Rear Shade First?

06-04-2013, 04:44 PM   #1
dbs600
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 750LXi Individual

Raise Side Shades Without Lowering Rear Shade First?

Is there any way to raise the rear side shades without having to first lower the rear shade from the driver’s seat switch? When my rear shade is up and my rear side shades are down and I want to raise them, I press the shade button once to lower the rear shade and when it’s less than midway down, I press and hold the same button again to raise all three shades. It’d be easier if I could just raise the side window shades...
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2013, 05:27 PM   #2
BMWrules7
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015, 740 LdX, Alpine White

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbs600
Is there any way to raise the rear side shades without having to first lower the rear shade from the drivers seat switch? When my rear shade is up and my rear side shades are down and I want to raise them, I press the shade button once to lower the rear shade and when its less than midway down, I press and hold the same button again to raise all three shades. Itd be easier if I could just raise the side window shades...
Well, i know one quick tap does the rear or the sides. One long tap (hold it down) does all three.

Now, if the quick tap does not lower the sides (I can't remember), you could coax it.

To coax it, lower the left rear window a quick tap and then immediately pull the window switch in the opposite direction past the resistance point. This will raise the left rear window back up. But, this action will indeed lower the left rear side shade.

Repeat the process for the right rear window.
Appreciate 0