2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Wheels / Tires / Suspension / Brakes Dinan Springs And Warranty

04-19-2016, 02:40 AM   #1
eduardomi
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 e93 M3 Jerez Black

Dinan Springs And Warranty

Hi,

I am well still under warranty (27k miles on the clock) but would like to install Dinan springs.

I have read the bad stories of blown stock shocks when using aftermarket (ACS, H&R, etc) springs and dealer refusing warranty service because of this.

Would DINAN cover my shocks if they get blown by the springs? Or other components that may have been compromised by the installation of the springs?

I have heard DINAN have their own warranty coverage for things like this.

Or, will the dealer play nice because DINAN is an "accepted" brand by BMW?

Your guys´ input is much appreciated

E
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2016, 11:30 AM   #2
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i Jet Black

each dealer will be different as some dealer's no longer warranty Dinan products. check your local dealer and ask. regardless if you use Dinan Springs your OEM shocks weren't made for the car to be lowered and eventually will take a toll and blow eventually or leak? there's actually some post on this now guys are blowing shocks with either lowering springs.
~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Follow me on Instagram: lsturbointeg
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2016, 01:50 AM   #3
eduardomi
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Thanks for the reply. Where would be the best place to get a good deal on the springs? Dinan directly?
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2016, 07:08 AM   #4
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i Jet Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by eduardomi View Post
Thanks for the reply. Where would be the best place to get a good deal on the springs? Dinan directly?
try out Site Sponsors here and see if they can work out a deal for you
~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Follow me on Instagram: lsturbointeg
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2016, 02:08 AM   #5
eduardomi
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsturbointeg View Post
try out Site Sponsors here and see if they can work out a deal for you
Will do! Thanks
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2016, 07:14 AM   #6
Errowen
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 640i xDr GC MSport

Garage List
Strongly recommend you order the DINAN bump stops as well as the springs. Once you take an inch out of ride height, car will be riding on the bump stops all the time. This isn't bad -- the compressible neoprene bump stop is part of the spring rate calculation -- but the DINAN one is a few mm's shorter (there is VERY little travel to work with) and engineered for the lowering spring.
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2016, 01:06 PM   #7
Quicksilv3r
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 535i M-Sport

The DINANs must be installed by a DINAN authorized retailer/dealer. Can't just install them yourself and expect any sort of warranty coverage.
      04-24-2016, 12:54 PM   #8
eduardomi
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Errowen View Post
Strongly recommend you order the DINAN bump stops as well as the springs. Once you take an inch out of ride height, car will be riding on the bump stops all the time. This isn't bad -- the compressible neoprene bump stop is part of the spring rate calculation -- but the DINAN one is a few mm's shorter (there is VERY little travel to work with) and engineered for the lowering spring.
Thats a good recommendation, thanks!
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2016, 09:55 PM   #9
mikekilpatrick
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW F10 550 Xdrive Msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quicksilv3r View Post
The DINANs must be installed by a DINAN authorized retailer/dealer. Can't just install them yourself and expect any sort of warranty coverage.
Actually that is not true. I spoke to dinan directly and they WILL warranty any of their parts and the car IF the parts are installed properly. So if you do not Torque them up right or do something wrong. They won't cover it, but if properly installed, dinan will warranty things. Feel free to call them to confirm this, but I have spent many hours via email and phone and that was repeated several times.
Appreciate 0