2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications Unfair Stage 2 Pure Turbo comparison

03-23-2016, 04:36 PM   #1
Bmw doubles
Dream crusher
United_States
Rep
Drives: Fast

Garage List
2011 535  [0.00]
Unfair Stage 2 Pure Turbo comparison

Check out this 235 with S2 Pure Turbo, PI, JB4 vs. M4 stacked tune, meth

It goes to show that the stock turbo modified by Pure Turbo is still no match for the M4 modded.

535i MIssion Performance, PS2, Helix HPFP Kit, Wagner FMIC, Spec 3 clutch, Steel SMF, Wolf Racing CP, UUC SSK, GFB dv, SprintBooster, Custom Dynomax Exhaust, M5 Sways, Eibach OE Springs, Koni Sports Adjustable, Custom Short Ram CAI

IG: @bmwdoubles
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2016, 05:03 PM   #2
PJinCA
USAF Pararescue Veteran
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10 535

LOL, The way the M235 pulled off the line, I would suspect that around a road course the M235 would post faster lap times. On a road course, acceleration into and out of the corners is key, with the M235 being lighter and quicker out of the corners (assumption based on the video), then the M4 would be in trouble. Straight line drag racing will never be a strong suit of BMW, these cars were made to make you smile in the twisties.

Reminds me of the time I smoked a Challenger HellCat in my 550, if the road had been straight I would have been demolished easily. Sadly, the road was curvy and he had to upshift through a curve and lost the rear end, damn near went off the road. End result, with nearly 300 less hp, I won and finished with my underwear significantly cleaner than his.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2016, 05:11 PM   #3
Bmw doubles
Dream crusher
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2011 535  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJinCA
LOL, The way the M235 pulled off the line, I would suspect that around a road course the M235 would post faster lap times. On a road course, acceleration into and out of the corners is key, with the M235 being lighter and quicker out of the corners (assumption based on the video), then the M4 would be in trouble. Straight line drag racing will never be a strong suit of BMW, these cars were made to make you smile in the twisties.

Reminds me of the time I smoked a Challenger HellCat in my 550, if the road had been straight I would have been demolished easily. Sadly, the road was curvy and he had to upshift through a curve and lost the rear end, damn near went off the road. End result, with nearly 300 less hp, I won and finished with my underwear significantly cleaner than his.
Haha yes an extra pair of underwear in the trunk is suggested in case of "fire". Yeah BMW is great in the turns, however, our f10's require significant suspension upgrades to get that e9x or f3x feel. So far my springs, tires and sways have improved the ride dramatically. Tried to push the limits and over steer almost made me change my undies. Struts will allow me to push harder and keep up with e9x and f3x's. Almost there, but the over steer is going to an issue. My resolve to this is going to be four corner balancing.

This company West End alignment is in Socal
535i MIssion Performance, PS2, Helix HPFP Kit, Wagner FMIC, Spec 3 clutch, Steel SMF, Wolf Racing CP, UUC SSK, GFB dv, SprintBooster, Custom Dynomax Exhaust, M5 Sways, Eibach OE Springs, Koni Sports Adjustable, Custom Short Ram CAI

Appreciate 1
      03-23-2016, 05:24 PM   #4
PJinCA
USAF Pararescue Veteran
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmw doubles View Post
Haha yes an extra pair of underwear in the trunk is suggested in case of "fire". Yeah BMW is great in the turns, however, our f10's require significant suspension upgrades to get that e9x or f3x feel. So far my springs, tires and sways have improved the ride dramatically. Tried to push the limits and over steer almost made me change my undies. Struts will allow me to push harder and keep up with e9x and f3x's. Almost there, but the over steer is going to an issue. My resolve to this is going to be four corner balancing.
I completely agree, the F10 does not feel as planted or responsive in the twisties as my E60s did, that's for sure. I did the 4 corner balancing on my 530 since it had coilovers, I did it at Bullet Performance in Santa Ana. And yes, snap oversteer is probably the leading cause of dirty undies around the world
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2016, 08:50 PM   #5
Aaron@Autosource
Rep
Drives: F110/F22

Whoa really? Is snap oversteer really an issue on the F10 chassis? This is interesting..I had an 1992 SW20 for a very..very long time...still do actually..
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2016, 09:18 PM   #6
PJinCA
USAF Pararescue Veteran
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron@Autosource View Post
Whoa really? Is snap oversteer really an issue on the F10 chassis? This is interesting..I had an 1992 SW20 for a very..very long time...still do actually..
LOL, I didn't say I've experienced snap oversteer - at least not yet in my bone stock 535. However, this car doesn't feel as planted as my old E60 M sport 550, so I don't feel as confident to push it's limits yet. Maybe once it gets a nice set of coilovers installed
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2016, 09:40 PM   #7
Bmw doubles
Dream crusher
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2011 535  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJinCA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron@Autosource View Post
LOL, I didn't say I've experienced snap oversteer - at least not yet in my bone stock 535. However, this car doesn't feel as planted as my old E60 M sport 550, so I don't feel as confident to push it's limits yet. Maybe once it gets a nice set of coilovers installed
Don't push those limits. I pushed it through Laurel Canyon and barely made a tight turn sliding towards the rocks with the steering wheel completely turned. Same almost happened in Malibu canyon. Upgrading the springs, sways and now tires which has rebuilt my confidence, but don't want to push it again until I have my Koni's and street alignment from West End Alignment.

Appreciate 1
      03-24-2016, 07:12 AM   #8
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i Jet Black

i think our car's are just too heavy for really aggressive canyon carving. i know when i use to take my full suspension and roll caged Integra up through Palomar Mountains up to Julian at the MOM's Bakery i can stick the corners pretty good but i can't imagine trying it in my F10
~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Follow me on Instagram: lsturbointeg
Appreciate 1
      03-24-2016, 11:53 AM   #9
PJinCA
USAF Pararescue Veteran
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsturbointeg View Post
i think our car's are just too heavy for really aggressive canyon carving. i know when i use to take my full suspension and roll caged Integra up through Palomar Mountains up to Julian at the MOM's Bakery i can stick the corners pretty good but i can't imagine trying it in my F10
I agree, BMW went with the "bigger and more comfy" formula for the F10. It resulted in record sales, but us enthusiasts were left wanting. My E60 handled significantly better, or at least it felt like it did. That is not a condemnation of the F10, merely an observation. In getting the F10 I sacrificed a little handle prowess in exchange for not having to get a 7 series - which is what my wife wanted me to get because our kids are getting bigger and fitting in the back seat of the E60 was getting to be a problem. Especially since I am 6'4", there was about 3 inches between the seats when I was driving. The F10 has more than double that for rear seat legroom, so I was able to avoid driving a 7 series
Appreciate 2
      03-24-2016, 12:33 PM   #10
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i Jet Black

i knew going into the F10 that i wanted more space, luxury and sport so the F10 was the first choice. i think it was a big step up for me going from my Integra and imports to BMW performance and luxury. so i accepted it for what it is
~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Follow me on Instagram: lsturbointeg
Appreciate 1