2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums F10 Pricing, Ordering, and Tracking (and European Delivery) F10 US and Euro Delivery Confidential Wholesale Invoice Price Sheets

07-19-2010, 12:52 AM   #45
pharding
Major
Rep
Drives: 23 Audi Q4 e-tron + 14 X3 28i

My first BMW lease in 2001 with a major Chicago area BMW dealer and current board sponsor resulted in me paying $2,500 additional profit to the dealership over the 3 year life of the lease. All because I trusted my friendly CA. Having access to Wholesale Pricing helps to level the playing field although things are still stacked in the dealer's favor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jferrell View Post
No offense I'm sure there is some merit to this but in what other industry do you have access to the wholesale cost of a product and the right to determine what profit the seller makes? When someone buys a house from you how would you feel if they offered 1000 over what you paid 5 years ago? Insulted? A lot of people buy BMW because they are keenly aware of it's competitive edge in high line brands however, more and more people want it at invoice or $500 over and excuse me but it's no better then whoring out the brand. We aren't Honda or Toyota, we aren't an A to B car that you have to buy you want to buy a BMW. With anything you want to buy you should be comfortable with whatever profit the dealer can make and besides that BMW has set it at 7%, think about your industry or profession do you make more then 7% profit? Are you able to save 7% monthly? What if you went your entire life only making enough to cover expenses, where would you be when you weren't bringing in a paycheck? That's the same thing that happens to these small dealerships that have to sell at invoice all the time to make a number. I have so many customers write a check without once asking for a discount(doesn't mean I didn't give them one for being a great customer) and yet I get someone off the street shopping me with 5 other lots to get the "most" fair price, you mean go with the dealership willing to make the least profit if any. That same customers demands more attention and service and is typically more of a pain then the customer that paid MSRP. It's a sad day when people know enough info to know the price of everything and the value of nothing.
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2010, 11:31 AM   #46
jferrell
Private
Rep
Drives: 2004 Mazda3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpwr View Post
stop crying about CA's commission, if it's that bad go look for another job

This is probally what I take most offense to, you talk about how much the dealership rips you off but in reality you are trying to rip off the dealership half the time. I have plenty of customers who are fine with nominal discounts and yes some that are fine with MSRP, they can afford it and to them the small amount of hassle and service I provide are worth whatever profit myself or the dealership makes. pharding wrote that the dealership made an additional $2500 in profit from his lease, I don't know if it's markup in the aquisition fee or the MF itself but it's a business, profit is what they do, banks and credit unions make money off your loan. I have no idea the cost of my air conditioning unit is to the supplier but I know it's cost to me and it's benefit and I pay for it gladly here in the south. The point is this if invoice on car x is 50k and msrp is 53.5k you can afford either so your attempt at trying to find the closest to cost is just being cheap. Ill reiterate what I've said time and time again some people know the price of everything and the value of nothing. There are "bad" car salesman, although fewer then consumerist believe. You bastardize the industry hoping to justify the dirty tactics consumers use, oh "dealership y gave me this price" and then I call them on it and it's a lie. A consumer wants to best price or best deal, well what if it was reversed, what if the leading question was "what's the most amount of profit you're willing to pay" you'd be pissed at the audacity of the question. The world isn't out to get you, yes everyone is here to make a profit. pharding and bpwr, would you be willing to work year over year only make enough to cover expenses? Would you be ok with getting to retirement and having no savings for the rest of life? Would you be ok if you're bosses came to you one day and asked "what's the least amount of pay you're willing to accept, we just want to best deal and were shopping with India for more competitive prices" You'd feel undervalued and pissed, oh wait America is outsourcing more now-a-days because Americans want steeper discounts and companies have to cut more and more from the cost of goods/services. Were screwing ourselves people.
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2010, 02:43 PM   #47
dpwr
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: a good one

I have nothing against honest sales people, if they're straight upfront with everything i'm fine with that... so far, I've dealt with around 4 of them, and 4 out 4 are straight up lyres... let me give you an example of my last deal, I come to the dealership with all the amounts I'm willing to pay, and i tell the guy "Here's my numbers, I don't want to waste anybody's time if you can do it great, if you can't then you can't", the guy tried to manipulate every number possible for 3 HOURS knowing that I know everything but STILL tried it... then he prints a contract with the numbers I wanted to sign, I look over and at the bottom it says $5000 down payment, I told him 10 times i'm doing 0 down yet he prints it with a down payment... I also had 1000$ loyalty credit from bmw, so I wanted to use it too, then he starts saying how for this $1000 credit dealership needs to pay $500 to the bmw so in reality it's not 1000 credit it's 500 credit, what a bunch of bs.... then he has a nerve at the end to tell me how i'm such a difficult costumer and like he's doing me a favore, I was pretty close just walking out, but he did give me what I wanted after 4 hours

Quote:
This is probally what I take most offense to, you talk about how much the dealership rips you off but in reality you are trying to rip off the dealership half the time. I have plenty of customers who are fine with nominal discounts and yes some that are fine with MSRP, they can afford it and to them the small amount of hassle and service I provide are worth whatever profit myself or the dealership makes. pharding wrote that the dealership made an additional $2500 in profit from his lease, I don't know if it's markup in the aquisition fee or the MF itself but it's a business, profit is what they do, banks and credit unions make money off your loan. I have no idea the cost of my air conditioning unit is to the supplier but I know it's cost to me and it's benefit and I pay for it gladly here in the south. The point is this if invoice on car x is 50k and msrp is 53.5k you can afford either so your attempt at trying to find the closest to cost is just being cheap. Ill reiterate what I've said time and time again some people know the price of everything and the value of nothing. There are "bad" car salesman, although fewer then consumerist believe. You bastardize the industry hoping to justify the dirty tactics consumers use, oh "dealership y gave me this price" and then I call them on it and it's a lie. A consumer wants to best price or best deal, well what if it was reversed, what if the leading question was "what's the most amount of profit you're willing to pay" you'd be pissed at the audacity of the question. The world isn't out to get you, yes everyone is here to make a profit. pharding and bpwr, would you be willing to work year over year only make enough to cover expenses? Would you be ok with getting to retirement and having no savings for the rest of life? Would you be ok if you're bosses came to you one day and asked "what's the least amount of pay you're willing to accept, we just want to best deal and were shopping with India for more competitive prices" You'd feel undervalued and pissed, oh wait America is outsourcing more now-a-days because Americans want steeper discounts and companies have to cut more and more from the cost of goods/services. Were screwing ourselves people.
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2010, 04:23 PM   #48
jferrell
Private
Rep
Drives: 2004 Mazda3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpwr View Post
I have nothing against honest sales people, if they're straight upfront with everything i'm fine with that... so far, I've dealt with around 4 of them, and 4 out 4 are straight up lyres... let me give you an example of my last deal, I come to the dealership with all the amounts I'm willing to pay, and i tell the guy "Here's my numbers, I don't want to waste anybody's time if you can do it great, if you can't then you can't", the guy tried to manipulate every number possible for 3 HOURS knowing that I know everything but STILL tried it... then he prints a contract with the numbers I wanted to sign, I look over and at the bottom it says $5000 down payment, I told him 10 times i'm doing 0 down yet he prints it with a down payment... I also had 1000$ loyalty credit from bmw, so I wanted to use it too, then he starts saying how for this $1000 credit dealership needs to pay $500 to the bmw so in reality it's not 1000 credit it's 500 credit, what a bunch of bs.... then he has a nerve at the end to tell me how i'm such a difficult costumer and like he's doing me a favore, I was pretty close just walking out, but he did give me what I wanted after 4 hours

Sounds like a jackass, at my dealership everything is on the screen and if you have a budget I'll tell you quick either a straight "yes" we can do it or "no" it's not possible. I just overheard a guy behind me asking for 7000 dollars off a CPO 3 series we had marked down 2000 dollars. The client advisor told him unfortunately it wasn't possible. He said "You don't want to go ask your manager?" and the client advisor again said "I don't mind asking for you but unfortunately it doesn't change the answer". They left after telling the CA he wasn't flexible. $7000 off? I can't buy your wife for $50 but I don't expect you to ask her first to get the answer. I do ask if your budget is monthly payment related if financing or total price if a cash purchase because sometimes people are basing it off a rate higher then we offer. I will tell someone it would take X amount down or discount to reach your budget. I have worked with really bad guys that I would never buy a car from them but in general they work at Ford dealerships or Hyundai not BMW. Most of the staff here has been here 5 to 12 years and a dealership typically can't last that long with such a bad sales staff. If you like the CA pay more for the car or tip him that's all I know, if you don't like the CA don't buy there regardless of price. All this being said I get really pissed when I hear about horrible CA's especially that work for BMW but I have yet to find that even 10% of the sales people I meet are anything like the reputation they have.

Here's another pet peeve when people guess what they can negotiate to, like well X dealership has one the same price but I can probally get them to come off like 4 grand. Why would you say that when negotiating with me? It's like you're trying to hope the price down, do this next time you buy a car if youre budget is 50k buy a 50k car. Simple. Dead horse consider yourself beat.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2010, 02:29 AM   #49
esquire
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 Dakar Yellow M3, 2018 M5

this has to be one of the most outlandish posts i've ever seen on this forum. so essentially you think that a customer shouldn't come armed to the teeth with all the information at their disposal? they should ignore it? if the car business wasn't profitable, then neither you nor your dealership should be in it. you don't see people like david avilles, who charges less than 500 over invoice per car on an ED (with a lot more paperwork and hassle than a normal deal) complaining at all do you? In fact, because of his no haggle system, he probably puts in 30 deals a month.

A consumer's job is to get the lowest price possible, everything else being equal. That simple.

- esquire

Quote:

[ESS VT2-625] [Akrapovic Evolution Exhaust] [KW Clubsports] [OSS Angel Eyes] [Revinora r-CRT Lip]
[Vorsteiner Boot] [Challenge Race Diffuser] [See the Build Thread HERE]

Last edited by esquire; 09-23-2010 at 04:33 AM..
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2010, 10:27 PM   #50
bfv
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Bajaj Auto Rickshaw

ED invoices

I am planning to lease a 528 i through ED. I am unable to locate ED invoice. Can someone please help? bassfreakvishalatyahoo
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2010, 10:32 PM   #51
78mao
Major
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: F10, F13, current->F80, F15 X5

Garage List
2015 M3 BMW M3  [1.00]
secret sheet please!!!
alex.chen.1103@gmail.com!

muchooo thanks!
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2010, 07:01 AM   #52
bfv
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Bajaj Auto Rickshaw

Hi,

Is there a website/forum where I can find ED invoice for 2011 528i and 535 i ? thank you. V
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2010, 09:48 PM   #53
wpeers
Registered
Rep
Drives: 535xi

ED invoice?

I would very much appreciate a n ED invoice sheet for a 550ix if anyone has it. Thank you very much! Email is: wade@pc-oms.com

Last edited by wpeers; 10-08-2010 at 10:10 PM.. Reason: Left out email
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2010, 09:20 AM   #54
roho3323
The Professor
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M6, BMW M240i, BMW 750i

Stick with this simple formula to give you a ballpark ED Wholesale Price.

ED Wholesale = 14% off BASE PRICE, plus 9% off options.

2010 BMW M6
2007 BMW 335i,2012 Audi S4-retired
2016 BMW 750i M-Sport
2015 BMW M235i-retired, 2022 M240i
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2010, 12:02 PM   #55
bobr2001
First Lieutenant
Germany
Rep
Drives: F11

please send the ed/wholesale sheets to me at bobr71@hotmail.com

thanks
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2010, 03:29 PM   #56
es1
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2023 X5

Invoice

Hi there...I am looking to buy 528i Euro Delivery and would appreciate someone e-mails me the confidential wholesale pricing with invoice and MSRP. Thanks

esirbeg@yahoo.com
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2010, 01:16 AM   #57
lordbaby
Registered
Rep
Drives: M5

please send the ed/wholesale sheets to babytoyfan@yahoo.com

thanks
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2010, 02:38 AM   #58
sois
MasterDebater
Canada
Rep
Drives: e90 335i, e90 M3, '11 MCS

Putting a vote in for no more CAs

Quote:
Originally Posted by esquire View Post
this has to be one of the most outlandish posts i've ever seen on this forum. so essentially you think that a customer shouldn't come armed to the teeth with all the information at their disposal? they should ignore it? if the car business wasn't profitable, then neither you nor your dealership should be in it. you don't see people like david avilles, who charges less than 500 over invoice per car on an ED (with a lot more paperwork and hassle than a normal deal) complaining at all do you? In fact, because of his no haggle system, he probably puts in 30 deals a month.

A consumer's job is to get the lowest price possible, everything else being equal. That simple.

- esquire
Car industry does get a bad rap for sure, not exactly sure why Perhaps we can do without the car salesperson (CA) altogether. Just end it once and for all. A menu of options with whole-sale pricing and a negotiable profit margin. Done. I build, make an offer, BMW says nope, try again... I up it a bit, it tells me "ok, that's fair - sold! Pick it up next month." Can be done by text, email or at station at the nearby showroom. BMW can set up simpler showrooms with each model on display and keeners paid by the hour to field questions/organize test drives. Nice easy summer job for students or for retired enthusiasts. That's it that's all - no more being hosed down in B.S.

Ok, let me have it
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2010, 03:09 PM   #59
blackberrycubed
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 535i Xdrive

Hi, could someone tell me the ED invoice price for base 535xi? I know it is 42,440 for 535i but need the exact number for 535xi.

Edit: Can someone please email me the sheet that has 535xi numbers.

Or even PM will do.

Many Thanks.

Last edited by blackberrycubed; 04-24-2012 at 05:42 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2010, 06:02 PM   #60
esquire
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 Dakar Yellow M3, 2018 M5

Guys.. can anyone send me the invoice/ED pricing sheet please?

synthetikz@gmail.com

Thanks so much in advance to anyone who can help =)

[ESS VT2-625] [Akrapovic Evolution Exhaust] [KW Clubsports] [OSS Angel Eyes] [Revinora r-CRT Lip]
[Vorsteiner Boot] [Challenge Race Diffuser] [See the Build Thread HERE]
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2010, 08:50 PM   #61
Stephen5242
Canada EH!
Canada
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmernet1 View Post
If it's so bad in Canada then why don't you just leave, eh? Oh and by the way leave your beer guzzling and hockey drivel there. As long as you are wildly generalizing that negative stereotypes are by far the majority (20 crooked jerks to 1 honest hard working informed professional sales person in the car business) then I thought I'd toss a few at you, hoser. It's your kind of know-it-all, closed mindedness that results in bigotry towards more than auto sales people. Have a nice life of paranoia believing everyone is out to "screw you". Oh, the number one reason I don't leave the low pay is I'm a prisoner of the Health Insurance Industry and their crazy high rates that are partially offset by my employment which takes 6 months of no coverage to start where I work and in some places it's a year of gambling your family's health or your wealth. Oh, that's right, you wouldn't understand, you live in a socialist paradise where health care is free even if you aren't working.
My middle finger salutes you on behalf of all Canadians!
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2010, 09:45 PM   #62
alextse88
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M760i

can someone send me the invoice pricing sheet for the 2011 550i w/ the M Sports Package - alex@thetse.com - thank you! I have one on order & should be here in a couple weeks - I can't wait any longer!!
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2010, 02:49 PM   #63
TENCHI
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '19 G12, '17 E300

so has anyone gotten these sheets?

if so, can you email to galllardo2007@gmail.com? thanks!
      12-05-2010, 10:36 AM   #64
JB991
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 15 Tacoma, 15 Accord, 16 GT3

If anyone has the info, I'd appreciate a PM for the pricing as well. Looking to maybe do a ED. Thx

Call me what you want, but a savings is a savings. I'll spend the extra few grand I save on something else I really want
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2010, 01:14 PM   #65
BABAKJAHROMI
Registered
Rep
Drives: series 5

EU price list request

hi,
pls do me a favor and send to me eu price list to babakjahrom@gmail.com
Tks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pharding View Post
Attached is current F10 US and Euro Delivery Confidential Wholesale Pricing, effective April 16, 2010. It is also available as a MS Excel spreadsheet for easy pricing analysis by my fellow BMW Enthusiasts. If someone would like that PM me with your email address and I will forward a copy.

Admin Edit: Removed on request from JSpira and BMW
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2010, 12:38 PM   #66
ttgary228
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2007 E93, 2011 F10 550xi

Can someone please forward me the ED wholesale pricing for the F10? ttgary228@aol.com

Thanks in advance!
Appreciate 0