2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums General 5-Series Sedan and Wagon (F10 / F11) Forum Lease End Inspection Form - with Fees

12-11-2015, 05:38 PM   #1
HYP.f10
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 535i

Lease End Inspection Form - with Fees

Hi guys,

I just returned my 535i today (pretty sad about it) and wanted to share the Lease End Inspection form in case any one is interested. It shows what the fees are for any repairs needed.

I got hit with:

- Window replacement: $600
- Front bumper repair: $400
- Lost key: $250
- Disposition Fee: $350 (this one was a surprise- apparently we get charged $350 for not financing again through BMW FS )

Total: $1600

To be honest, it was less than I was expecting. Through local shops the lowest I was quoted for the windshield replacement (w/ HUD) was over $1k and I heard anywhere from $300-$500 for a lost key.

Hope this helps any one that's about to return their car and is not sure what they should fix or not.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-13-2015, 07:46 AM   #2
hawkjr1
Retired US Army/Police Officer
Rep
Drives: F10 M-Sport, E-92

Garage List
I will be turning my 535i in 6 months. I am over 25,000 miles now so I will probably be over in Mileage, got a ton of pits on the front bumper, tires are still good. Did they do an inspection prior to you turning the car in and did you get the option of having the repair done before turning the car in.
      12-13-2015, 09:36 AM   #3
Neem320
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 528i xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by HYP.f10
Hi guys,

I just returned my 535i today (pretty sad about it) and wanted to share the Lease End Inspection form in case any one is interested. It shows what the fees are for any repairs needed.

I got hit with:

- Window replacement: $600
- Front bumper repair: $400
- Lost key: $250
- Disposition Fee: $350 (this one was a surprise- apparently we get charged $350 for not financing again through BMW FS )

Total: $1600

To be honest, it was less than I was expecting. Through local shops the lowest I was quoted for the windshield replacement (w/ HUD) was over $1k and I heard anywhere from $300-$500 for a lost key.

Hope this helps any one that's about to return their car and is not sure what they should fix or not.
You don't have glass coverage through your insurance?
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2015, 05:30 PM   #4
HYP.f10
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkjr1 View Post
I will be turning my 535i in 6 months. I am over 25,000 miles now so I will probably be over in Mileage, got a ton of pits on the front bumper, tires are still good. Did they do an inspection prior to you turning the car in and did you get the option of having the repair done before turning the car in.
I think you can do an inspection prior, but pretty much knew which items I was going to get dinged for.. plus I procrastinated a bit and had to worry about removing some mods (springs, exhaust) last minute. I literally turned in the car the day the lease ended haha
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2015, 05:33 PM   #5
HYP.f10
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neem320 View Post
You don't have glass coverage through your insurance?
Nope! I called them and it wasn't covered.. and my deductible is $1k so it wasn't worth it for me to go that route either.

And after doing some research I found out the dealership charged $600 vs the $1k+ I was quoted by independent shops (places on yelp and Safelite).
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2015, 05:44 PM   #6
HYP.f10
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkjr1 View Post
Are you planning on getting into another bimmer? I'm sure you can work with the dealer and negotiate the overage and fees if you get into a new car (make sure it's not "rolled over", I'm sure you can get it waived!). Plus you'll avoid the $350 disposition fee for ending your financing through BMW FS (which I guess you'll have to pay eventually)
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2015, 12:52 AM   #7
COBodom
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2024 540i

My ¢5 on the subject...

They will always charge you for obvious stuff like broken windshield or excessive mileage. However, you can find a dealer that will do a lease end inspection and take the car from you. If you're getting a new car from that same dealer you can get away with a lotta wear and tear that would otherwise cost you money. That dealer will give you a lease end inspection to sign and that's that, no surprise charges months later.

Keep in mind, not every dealer will do the lease end inspection and take the car form you. Some will tell you to call and schedule the inspections and go through all the hoops..and that's how they lose my business. I want to return the car, get all the perks for getting a new one from them (aka don't pay for excessive wear and tear) and get a final figure I owe right there on the spot. I find this approach way better than wasting time on pre-inspection and final inspection. That of course works only if you're getting a new bimmer...you have leverage.
      12-15-2015, 01:49 AM   #8
freeewilly
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 535i

I'm returning my lease in 3 months, car is in great shape, only a few very tiny road rashes.

One item that concerns me the most is I replaced the tires with 4 Bridgestone DriveGuard run-flats about a month ago, these tires don't have BMW "stars" on it. I didn't know about the star after I had my tires replaced and went to the dealer for regular maintenance. Service adviser told me they won't accept the tires because they are not qualify for BMW.

What kind of tires did you have when you return the lease? Thanks for sharing your experience.
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2015, 10:30 AM   #9
HYP.f10
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by COBodom View Post
My ¢5 on the subject...

They will always charge you for obvious stuff like broken windshield or excessive mileage. However, you can find a dealer that will do a lease end inspection and take the car from you. If you're getting a new car from that same dealer you can get away with a lotta wear and tear that would otherwise cost you money. That dealer will give you a lease end inspection to sign and that's that, no surprise charges months later.

Keep in mind, not every dealer will do the lease end inspection and take the car form you. Some will tell you to call and schedule the inspections and go through all the hoops..and that's how they lose my business. I want to return the car, get all the perks for getting a new one from them (aka don't pay for excessive wear and tear) and get a final figure I owe right there on the spot. I find this approach way better than wasting time on pre-inspection and final inspection. That of course works only if you're getting a new bimmer...you have leverage.

Yup, totally agree.. I was looking into getting into a f15 x5 where I wouldn't have really worried about the wear and tear (like you mentioned).. but I ended up getting an e39 m5.. now I have a whole new set of issues to worry about lol
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2015, 10:33 AM   #10
HYP.f10
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by freeewilly View Post
I'm returning my lease in 3 months, car is in great shape, only a few very tiny road rashes.

One item that concerns me the most is I replaced the tires with 4 Bridgestone DriveGuard run-flats about a month ago, these tires don't have BMW "stars" on it. I didn't know about the star after I had my tires replaced and went to the dealer for regular maintenance. Service adviser told me they won't accept the tires because they are not qualify for BMW.

What kind of tires did you have when you return the lease? Thanks for sharing your experience.
anytime! I almost immediately swapped out and stored my stock rims/tires and ran on an aftermarket set during the lease. I returned it with the original Michelin Primacy's they came with.. had about 6-8/32 tread all around at return.
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2015, 08:44 AM   #11
BananaCar
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: N/A

Did you have to drop your car at dealer? Or is it possible to have inspection done at your home?
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2015, 05:32 AM   #12
HYP.f10
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BananaCar View Post
Did you have to drop your car at dealer? Or is it possible to have inspection done at your home?
pretty sure you gotta do it at the dealer
Appreciate 0