2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications JR Auto Performance Tuning N63 550xi

04-06-2018, 01:08 AM   #1
lordjlam
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2012 550xi

Garage List
2012 BMW 550Xi  [9.00]
Sorry for the bad review

Hey guys, I just picked up my car back from Nixon Automotive in Burnaby, BC. I have been wanting a tune for a while but kind of noticed not much available for the N63 NON-TU engines. As well, I was wanting something local. I know there has been some posts about JR, but I dont think anyone has actually used their or posted about N63 chiptune.

Process:
Nixon took out my ECU, shipped it out to JR in Ontario on Tuesday same day (i paid extra), picked up the car today.

I also deleted the cats from the OEM Downpipes (I'm cheap)

The tune:
Car feels really aggressive, even in Comfort, just a bit too much. Kind of guess I took a loss in that category, but I could not be more happy. Initially I spoke to Jarek (owner of JR) to see if they have a burble tune as well and he said yes. I took the car and when I was downshifting I didn't really hear much of a nice burble so it was a bummer at first, and when I got home I was just kinda pushing the car and heard some aggresive pops and I was again, excited

As a 19 year old, this is what I like, I understand most would think this is dumb and too much

The lag is practically eliminated and boosts very quickly. I could honestly compare the torque to my R35 GTR.

The Gains from the tune is to be, +80hp and +98 ft lbs of torque

Overall I am very happy with the tune and the work done by Nixon Automotive

I will be editing the links when I have time to properly demonstrate the sound of the car

I will soon provide:
0-150 km/h clips
1/4 mile times
Dyno sheets
Audio clips

Hope you guys enjoy

Next desires to my F10 Build:

F10 M5 Front Conversion
Pure Turbos
Intakes
Intercooler

ig: @lordjlam
Appreciate 1
      04-06-2018, 10:25 AM   #2
paul223
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10

Why do you have so many stickers on a good looking car? It looks like graffiti.
Appreciate 2
      04-06-2018, 10:34 AM   #3
lordjlam
Enlisted Member
Rep

Garage List
2012 BMW 550Xi  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by paul223 View Post
Why do you have so many stickers on a good looking car? It looks like graffiti.
I'm 19, partial sponsor, and promotion for myself and friend's businesses

Appreciate 0
      04-08-2018, 11:56 PM   #4
535_BiTurbo
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 550I - BMS Stg 1 & CAI

60-120 clips??
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2018, 02:26 AM   #5
lordjlam
Enlisted Member
Rep

Garage List
2012 BMW 550Xi  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 535_BiTurbo View Post
60-120 clips??
Quote:
Originally Posted by 535_BiTurbo View Post
60-120 clips??
I appreciate your interest, unfortunately it's been raining and I haven't been able to take my car to the drag yet for 0-60, 1/4 mile, or roll racing. But I just took this so you could kind of get the idea (i know you mean MPH, but police is very heavy near me and I am currently on probation

40-120

Extra burble for you guys

Appreciate 0
      04-09-2018, 03:11 AM   #6
747flyboy
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3 2012 550i M

Sounds and looks insane......Great job.....Be careful out there, cops almost ruined my 19 year old boy future at the time, he was just like you.

Last edited by 747flyboy; 04-09-2018 at 03:11 AM.. Reason: spelling
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2018, 08:57 AM   #7
warpeacelove
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 550i

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordjlam View Post
Sorry for the bad review

Hey guys, I just picked up my car back from Nixon Automotive in Burnaby, BC. I have been wanting a tune for a while but kind of noticed not much available for the N63 NON-TU engines. As well, I was wanting something local. I know there has been some posts about JR, but I dont think anyone has actually used their or posted about N63 chiptune.

Process:
Nixon took out my ECU, shipped it out to JR in Ontario on Tuesday same day (i paid extra), picked up the car today.

The tune:
Car feels really aggressive, even in Comfort, just a bit too much. Kind of guess I took a loss in that category, but I could not be more happy. Initially I spoke to Jarek (owner of JR) to see if they have a burble tune as well and he said yes. I took the car and when I was downshifting I didn't really hear much of a nice burble so it was a bummer at first, and when I got home I was just kinda pushing the car and heard some aggresive pops and I was again, excited

As a 19 year old, this is what I like, I understand most would think this is dumb and too much

The lag is practically eliminated and boosts very quickly. I could honestly compare the torque to my R35 GTR.

I will be editing the links when I have time to properly demonstrate the sound of the car

I will soon provide:
0-150 km/h clips
1/4 mile times
Dyno sheets
Audio clips

Hope you guys enjoy

F10 M5 Front Conversion
Pure Turbos
Intakes
Intercooler

To get the exhaust to sound like that what did you have to do? Please tell me you didn't have to remove your Cat's to make it sound like that? I mine to sound like yours and I want to retain the OEM tips.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2018, 10:13 AM   #8
lordjlam
Enlisted Member
Rep

Garage List
2012 BMW 550Xi  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by warpeacelove View Post
Quote:
Sorry for the bad review

Process:

The tune:

I will soon provide:
0-150 km/h clips
1/4 mile times
Dyno sheets
Audio clips

Hope you guys enjoy

F10 M5 Front Conversion
Pure Turbos
Intakes
Intercooler

To get the exhaust to sound like that what did you have to do? Please tell me you didn't have to remove your Cat's to make it sound like that? I mine to sound like yours and I want to retain the OEM tips.
Quote:
Originally Posted by warpeacelove View Post
Quote:
Sorry for the bad review

Process:

The tune:

I will soon provide:
0-150 km/h clips
1/4 mile times
Dyno sheets
Audio clips

Hope you guys enjoy

F10 M5 Front Conversion
Pure Turbos
Intakes
Intercooler

I have ACS Mufflers, so it would not sound the same. The tone set a really nice base for me, I deleted the Center Resonators (as well as muffler?) i guess you could say. Basically straight pipe all the way to mufflers

Here is an audio link as such, before I gutted the oem downpipes

Appreciate 0