2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Coding Installed a BlackVue camera system today.

12-04-2013, 06:20 AM   #45
528imsport
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007bandido View Post
Hello,

I installed BlackVue DR550 2CH + Powermagic Pro and works fine. However, I could not use fuse 31 on my F11. I used fuse 3 (OBD) for batt and fuse 11 for ACC+.

Just a question: PowerMagic Pro led is always On until voltage drops below 12.0 or 11.8 with power button in 0 or 1 ? I though led would be Off when power button will be in 0.
did you get the powermagic 2CH or 1CH?
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2014, 05:56 AM   #46
nirmalts
Rep
Drives: BMW 530D F10

Quote:
Originally Posted by 528imsport View Post
did you get the powermagic 2CH or 1CH?
I got the powermagic 1CH. 2CH you need if you want to power up to separate Cams right? Blackvue 550 2CH has only one power source
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2014, 06:06 AM   #47
nirmalts
Rep
Drives: BMW 530D F10

Quote:
Originally Posted by sith View Post
Hi Nirmalts,

Could you plz post some photos or describe how you run the wire for connection of the rear cam and the front cam? Did you need to remove the headliners?

Thanks in advance.
Sorry for the delay in replying. I didn't have to remove the headliners on my BMW530D. You can push the cable into the headliners and it fits in perfectly and not exposed anywhere.

Currently, I have the power cable going to the right of the camera into the glove box and the rear cam wire going to the left of the camera. On both A pillers (left and right) I have the wires on the passenger facing side (not on the side where the A pillar meets the glass). I couldn't push in the cable on the glass side. I tried removing the A piller cover but I realized that I was damaging it. I would not advise this setup as it could hinder the Airbag deployment. I will get this changed by BMW so that wires go near the glass side.

I then ran the rear cam wire through the floor hiding it behind the plastic. This is possible all the way to the C pillar. You could then get it behind the headliners to the to the middle of the rear glass.

Nirmal
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2014, 09:56 PM   #48
fung0001
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: f10 2013 520i Hartge Tuning

http://www.mobile01.com/campaign/beauty8/a5.html

Hi
This is good
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2014, 07:13 AM   #49
Andehh
Rep
Drives: BMW f10 530d 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by nirmalts View Post
Sorry for the delay in replying. I didn't have to remove the headliners on my BMW530D. You can push the cable into the headliners and it fits in perfectly and not exposed anywhere.

Currently, I have the power cable going to the right of the camera into the glove box and the rear cam wire going to the left of the camera. On both A pillers (left and right) I have the wires on the passenger facing side (not on the side where the A pillar meets the glass). I couldn't push in the cable on the glass side. I tried removing the A piller cover but I realized that I was damaging it. I would not advise this setup as it could hinder the Airbag deployment. I will get this changed by BMW so that wires go near the glass side.

I then ran the rear cam wire through the floor hiding it behind the plastic. This is possible all the way to the C pillar. You could then get it behind the headliners to the to the middle of the rear glass.

Nirmal
If there is any way you could take pictures showing the routing I would be eternally grateful! I am also very interested in having a camera at the front and one at the rear of the car!
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2014, 10:51 PM   #50
ThatRWD
Major
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Losco View Post
Hey sith,

I also got BlackVue on my car so I can answer some questions.. Car will throw low battery warning about 7-8 hours into recording, so I have my magicpower to cut off at 6. kinda disappointed I can't let it record overnight. Another thing is these are apparently notoriously faulty, I got mine last june and internal battery is already dead and lens/sensor is fogged up inside so I gotta send it in for replacement.
Hey Losco, kind of an old thread but anyway... Are you running the dual channel camera system or just front? Also when you say you leave it over night and it only works for 6 hours is it recording the entire time or is it using the motion sensor technology?

BTW just as a bonus... How does the battery pack thing work? I want it to run 2 days without throwing errors on the car, what will I need to do? I've got an E92 335i and I'm wiring the camera to the back with the battery.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2017, 06:01 AM   #51
Trigs
Rep
Drives: 530d

For anyone that is interested. I have done alot of trial and error when using the BlackVue DR650GW 2 channel dashcams with a Powermagic Pro on a BMW F10/11/06/14 (5/6 series). I have found this combination is the best when connected to the fusebox in the glovebox:

Battery cable (Yellow) - Connect to Fuse 3 (OBD)
ACC cable (Red) - Connect to Fuse 12 (Light Module)
Ground cable (Black) - Connect to the bolt on when you take the side panel off (Where the Airbag key switch is)

Set the Powermagic Pro with this config:
(From left to right)
Up, Down, Up, Up, Up, Up

This will allow the dashcam to work for 6 hours as I have found that it dies after around 7 hours when set to 12 hours

Recording will also continue when car is off with stop start.

Hope this will help someone.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2017, 03:37 PM   #52
TTG
United_States
Rep
Drives: M340

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trigs View Post
For anyone that is interested. I have done alot of trial and error when using the BlackVue DR650GW 2 channel dashcams with a Powermagic Pro on a BMW F10/11/06/14 (5/6 series). I have found this combination is the best when connected to the fusebox in the glovebox:

Battery cable (Yellow) - Connect to Fuse 3 (OBD)
ACC cable (Red) - Connect to Fuse 12 (Light Module)
Ground cable (Black) - Connect to the bolt on when you take the side panel off (Where the Airbag key switch is)

Set the Powermagic Pro with this config:
(From left to right)
Up, Down, Up, Up, Up, Up

This will allow the dashcam to work for 6 hours as I have found that it dies after around 7 hours when set to 12 hours

Recording will also continue when car is off with stop start.

Hope this will help someone.
Thanks for the info.

Do you get the battery discharge warning in this setting in the morning when you 1st start the car?

Mine has been wired to the main fuse box in the back but I do get the discharge warning in the morning.
2007 E92 335i -Space Gray.....ED Oct 19th, 2006 - Retired
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2017, 04:26 AM   #53
Trigs
Rep
Drives: 530d

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTG View Post
Thanks for the info.

Do you get the battery discharge warning in this setting in the morning when you 1st start the car?

Mine has been wired to the main fuse box in the back but I do get the discharge warning in the morning.
Hi there,

no I don't. If I changed the timer to 12 hours it normally cuts off at around 7-8 hours and then it will display the battery discharge warning message.

Thanks!
Trigs
Appreciate 1
TTG931.50
      01-03-2020, 11:41 AM   #54
DjNiki4F10M5
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 14' M5 CP Monaco Blue

I have a question. . . i am running the little power box to the back fuse box.
when i take out the fuse from its original place and saw it with the fuse extension there is one extra slow open. do i have to add an extra fuse in there or only use the original one and plug back to the fuse box
      01-06-2020, 10:54 AM   #55
Unspec
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 535xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by DjNiki4F10M5 View Post
I have a question. . . i am running the little power box to the back fuse box.
when i take out the fuse from its original place and saw it with the fuse extension there is one extra slow open. do i have to add an extra fuse in there or only use the original one and plug back to the fuse box
I'm assuming you're using a fuse tap (the heck is a fuse extension?). Here's a diagram on how to use one. It goes for all fuse taps.

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon....1rPLDJHyBL.jpg
Appreciate 1
      01-07-2020, 07:47 AM   #56
DjNiki4F10M5
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 14' M5 CP Monaco Blue

lol right fuse tap sorry was frustrated when commenting and i got pissed off so i just hardwired it no fuse taps lol
      01-07-2020, 09:44 AM   #57
Unspec
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 535xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by DjNiki4F10M5 View Post
lol right fuse tap sorry was frustrated when commenting and i got pissed off so i just hardwired it no fuse taps lol
Hm, sounds like a terrific way to burn out a very expensive ECU lol
Appreciate 0