2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums General 5-Series Sedan and Wagon (F10 / F11) Forum Shooting the breeze on general F10 augmentations

04-01-2014, 10:32 PM   #1
A Polite W
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i

Shooting the breeze on general F10 augmentations

Sup y'all, I'm laid back with a recent back surgery, and I've been thinking about my car a lot recently. What's the consensus on adding carbon to lighten the weight of cars? Hood, roof, bumpers, any of the places to replace parts with Carbon fiber parts will definitely reduce weight, does that throw off any of the car's built in dynamics? Aesthetically doing it all over the car would not look good imo.

2) So diffusers are cool, hadn't seen those until a few years ago. I like the spiked one's like the Vorsteiner or AC Power, makes the cars, esp. the F10 models, look like the batmobile. But what are the specifics on 'em? How much of a difference do they really make? Do they just makes your car go faster in general? They look pretty heavy themselves.

3) your preference on tinting? I believe there are different shades as well as intensities. Some I see are black/brown look terrible! I'd definitely try for a distinct shade of black. however I know there's Air Blue that looks awesome, so I'd be torn b/w that blue and a really gr8 black, any other suggestions? Would any of you do the front panel lol?

4) blacked out murder look: black rims, black kidney grilles? What do you like? I LOVE the HRE rims, white-silver ish, they're pricey but I think I'd go with it. I like the Red shield symbol, if you can recommend others that look as classy def go for it. What's a good size? 18"-19" works for me. I do prefer the black kidney grilles.

5) Wheel spacers: from a strict engineering standpoint that can't be good for the car. I mean it's just adding stress to the chassis length-wise! Wouldn't it just be as good to get wider tires? I think I heard of a much more expensive method to create that awesome stanced/staggered look than wheel spacers, that would actually aid in the turning of the car but may be mistaken. I really do like the look, 20 - 30 mm in the rear and 10-15 in the front.

6) Springs/lowering, mentioning this I think will lead to a lot of thread jacking as this seems to be something a lot of people do, but I mean, it's a luxury car, not a rice rocket, lowering it more than an inch I think is kinda low class, I'm not racing my car around, but I do drive fast, so idk..

7) exhaust/engine upgrades. now here's a serious topic for the big boys. dude what can one do? Engine wise? Mention anything and get a gold star. Improve intake? Upgrade filters somehow? What about actual engine parts? Healthy ways to massively boost performance? Suggestions please!! Exhaust I know a little about, increasing the expelled exhaust flow will benefit the car. Plain and simple. Adding a catalytic converter would be a must in my book so as not to be a detriment to the general public and my health.

8) last, tuning, I think BMW should bring Dinan in house like MBZ bought in AMG. BUT, I read a lot of smart posts on here that keep backing up the engineering BMW already does to its cars, obviously a lot of smart stuff goes into the cars that are released, adding the drive handling and suspension packages offered are pricey, but that would be as far as I go. I would consider sway bars, traction control bars, and the like.

Just shootin the breeze as I think about the most awesome way to augment the car. Thinking about it, #7 was probably the most important LOL.
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2014, 11:58 PM   #2
Black5
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i

Appreciate 0