2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums General 5-Series Sedan and Wagon (F10 / F11) Forum Valvetronic System Software Error

05-20-2011, 11:44 AM   #1
Whistler
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i

Valvetronic System Software Error

That was the final diagnosis from the dreaded "Engine Failure- Reduced Power" warning I got the other day while driving on the NJ Turnpike.

A simple reprogramming at the dealer took care of this, plus they changed the fuel delivery sensor from the open recall and seem to have upgraded the iDrive software.

One thing that's different is that when I turn on the car, the normally visible time & temperature in the dead center of my display panel (between the MPH and RPM dials) is blank. Only when I press the stalk button does it reappear and then rotate through the normal progression (miles to empty, status alerts, etc) with continued button presses.

A minor nit to pick, but does anyone know how to have the time/temp display on by default? Couldn't figure it out with by changing some of the display settings.
Appreciate 0