2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums Regional Forums UK Instructions for removing whole interior carpet ?

04-24-2015, 11:19 AM   #1
morellomax
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 M440i xDrive convertible

Instructions for removing whole interior carpet ?

May seem an odd request, but does anyone have instructions for removing carpets, including removal of front seats and centre console if necessary ? I already have instructions for removing rear seats.

I'd like to have a nosey under the carpets and up around the wheel arch areas to see what scope there is for further road noise insulation. The car's pretty quiet by class standards, but there's always scope to do more.

Have done the same on other cars, but don't want to break anything on a new car by using trial and error.....
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2015, 07:16 AM   #2
morellomax
Lieutenant
Rep

Bump..... anyone know how I could get hold of removal instructions ? I guess dealers have full workshop instructions, but I don't know if the unwashed public can get hold of them ?
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2015, 09:04 AM   #3
gspannu
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F10 535, F82 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by morellomax View Post
Bump..... anyone know how I could get hold of removal instructions ? I guess dealers have full workshop instructions, but I don't know if the unwashed public can get hold of them ?
You are better off speaking to your dealer (if its a new car) and I'm sure they will print the instructions for you.

Other than that, I suggest posting this question in the main general forum (i.e. non UK specific); as I guess our friends across the pond do a lot more mods than us here.
      04-28-2015, 09:25 AM   #4
morellomax
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gspannu View Post
You are better off speaking to your dealer (if its a new car) and I'm sure they will print the instructions for you.

Other than that, I suggest posting this question in the main general forum (i.e. non UK specific); as I guess our friends across the pond do a lot more mods than us here.
Tried the first suggestion - they're not happy at "letting BMW's intellectual property go" !

Will try the second...
Appreciate 0