2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums General 5-Series Sedan and Wagon (F10 / F11) Forum My first day of college

08-30-2016, 12:19 PM   #23
Nalod
Major
Rep
Drives: 2013 535i

NO doubt it should be reported.
The less endowed have equal rights and such a hate crime should be treaded as any other!!!!

Just kidding!!!!

Yes, it should be reported. Was the tire slashed? That's real!!!!

As for the paint, if its not water soluable, it would come off with a razor, steel wool as mentioned and some plastic scrub pad, etc without damage. The fact it was on the window and not on the paint points not to malicious intent. Kind of funny.

As for driving an expensive car on campus where some students are taking on debt, struggling to work part time or other pressures is going to be met with some envy.
I don't know how as a student you came to have such a car, nor is my business anyway, but you have to understand how others perceive you.

Too late to report what happened. If the tire was slashed, you can bring that to the attention of the campus police with the pictures to discuss the matter. Just bring some humor to the table when you do so. Again, campus police don't make the kind of money that buys cars like that and if you come off as a self entitled little shyt, you'll not be given much respect.
      08-30-2016, 02:20 PM   #24
krautmeister
krrrraaauuuuut
United_States
Rep
Drives: G12 750i X Drive M-Sport

Garage List
G12 750i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bbb34 View Post

This thread reminded me, about a year or so ago, I was in the store for literally 5 min, and parking lot was fairly empty before and after, no cars were anywhere close where the cart was left.

Hoping that it was some sort of emergency that forced someone to leave the shopping cart like this, but cynic in me sees malicious intent.
The lack of luxury marques in that lot apart from your F10 leads me to believe that someone thought you had "too much".....and their lack of "enough" was enough to justify any "bad karma" that may happen upon you....even if they gave a bit of a nudge.
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2016, 02:26 PM   #25
M6NIAC
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 550

I did report it last night, but I was given the "we are sorry but this happens every now and then and there's nothing we can do." Its amazing how much they dont care!!!!! I mean they make millions and cant even afford atleast 150-250 security cameras in their garages!!!!!!
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2016, 02:28 PM   #26
M6NIAC
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbs600
Any indication who did this or why?

Simply because it's a $40k+ car in a student parking garage?

Reporting is a must to help the next victim.

Strange you're chalking it up to 'nothing can be done'.

If you don't report, it's on you next time it happens [to you].

School should be on notice and take steps to prevent / monitor / patrol.

Same hoodlums may do worse next.
I dont know who! I just simply parked it towards the back of the garage because I dont like parking next to others because of door dingers
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2016, 02:31 PM   #27
krautmeister
krrrraaauuuuut
United_States
Rep

Garage List
G12 750i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arko528 View Post
I did report it last night, but I was given the "we are sorry but this happens every now and then and there's nothing we can do." Its amazing how much they dont care!!!!! I mean they make millions and cant even afford atleast 150-250 security cameras in their garages!!!!!!
Not that I know everything... my mantra is "I know enough to know I know nothing".....That said....

A little seat time in life will help you put some stuff into perspective. The perpetrators did not cause permanent damage (unless your tire indeed is slashed). I'd say these are people that likely know you. So I would chalk it up to a life lesson on people... you can only affect what you do... changing people or teaching them a lesson or having a large institution make rapid changes is unlikely so its easier to park somewhere else.

Not saying vandalizing a car is OK... but I'd save your breath and efforts to get that degree, get a great job, work hard and buy a M5 in a nice Class A building with garage security!
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2016, 02:59 PM   #28
Bbb34
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: '11 535i 6sp. DHP/RWD

Quote:
I dont know who! I just simply parked it towards the back of the garage because I dont like parking next to others because of door dingers
And even that will make you a target sometimes, the fact that you don't like door dings. My wife always jokes "I can't even see the store we're going to from here" when I attempt to avoid door dings.

But seriously, you had to report it, it's was the right thing to do, now, really all you can do is "hope" that it doesn't become worse than this. I mean, we've all been some form of stupid at that age, some worse than others. You happen to have quite the nice car for someone in their early 20s, that'll always be met with a bit of attitude. If your tire wasn't slashed, just deflated, file this under someone trying to be funny and taking it too far. If it was, you can only hope it ends there, or consider installing fairly advanced dash cams, front and back. Good luck either way.

Maybe, just maybe, "interested party" on the campus decides to check if there's any truth to writing on the rear window, and you can prove them wrong, something good might come out of this after all.
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2016, 04:26 PM   #29
DDD31
Captain
Rep
Drives: 24 M3CS, 95 E320, 85 300CD

That sucks, I'd be livid

You should have left the dick drawing and wrote "Actual size" and drive around like that for awhile.

2021 MBB M5C (retired) 2018 Daytona Violet M3 ZCP (retired), 2016 AW 550i (retired)
2013 EBII 335i (retired), 2008 Platinum Bronze 535xi (retired), 2007 Monaco Blue 335i (retired)
1999 Hellrot M3 coupe (retired)
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2016, 05:13 PM   #30
M6NIAC
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by krautmeister View Post
Not that I know everything... my mantra is "I know enough to know I know nothing".....That said....

A little seat time in life will help you put some stuff into perspective. The perpetrators did not cause permanent damage (unless your tire indeed is slashed). I'd say these are people that likely know you. So I would chalk it up to a life lesson on people... you can only affect what you do... changing people or teaching them a lesson or having a large institution make rapid changes is unlikely so its easier to park somewhere else.

Not saying vandalizing a car is OK... but I'd save your breath and efforts to get that degree, get a great job, work hard and buy a M5 in a nice Class A building with garage security!

Great advice, I like the way you think! I got the tires fixed today not sure honestly what happen with them.. maybe just coincidence.
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2016, 05:15 PM   #31
M6NIAC
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bbb34 View Post
And even that will make you a target sometimes, the fact that you don't like door dings. My wife always jokes "I can't even see the store we're going to from here" when I attempt to avoid door dings.

But seriously, you had to report it, it's was the right thing to do, now, really all you can do is "hope" that it doesn't become worse than this. I mean, we've all been some form of stupid at that age, some worse than others. You happen to have quite the nice car for someone in their early 20s, that'll always be met with a bit of attitude. If your tire wasn't slashed, just deflated, file this under someone trying to be funny and taking it too far. If it was, you can only hope it ends there, or consider installing fairly advanced dash cams, front and back. Good luck either way.

Maybe, just maybe, "interested party" on the campus decides to check if there's any truth to writing on the rear window, and you can prove them wrong, something good might come out of this after all.

Haha I definitely respect that!!! I don't like parking anywhere near anyone its just a habit. I wish I was in my early 20's because I plan on graduating at 21!
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2016, 06:05 PM   #32
TTG
United_States
Rep
Drives: M340

Garage List
Sorry this happened to you. It sucks.....

The car nut that I am, I had a pretty nice car that I kept at home and drove a $500 car to college. My campus was in the city and we had bunch of haters. But then I am in Seattle which is a pretty liberal city.... so you are either an a-hole or a foreign exchange student if you were driving a nice car.

So glad no permanent damage was done to your car.

I also would highly recommend a 2 channel dash cam. They would of been on video while being dicks!
2007 E92 335i -Space Gray.....ED Oct 19th, 2006 - Retired
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2016, 06:20 PM   #33
M6NIAC
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTG View Post
Sorry this happened to you. It sucks.....

The car nut that I am, I had a pretty nice car that I kept at home and drove a $500 car to college. My campus was in the city and we had bunch of haters. But then I am in Seattle which is a pretty liberal city.... so you are either an a-hole or a foreign exchange student if you were driving a nice car.

So glad no permanent damage was done to your car.

I also would highly recommend a 2 channel dash cam. They would of been on video while being dicks!
purchasing one soon
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2016, 09:31 PM   #34
Boulder Bill
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Porsche Cayman GTS

Quote:

Pretty solid advice.

I would have left the dick on too. 😜

Not judging you at all but laughing about the Monte Carlo I had last year of college. It did NOT draw unwanted attention.
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2016, 10:18 PM   #35
ezaircon4jc
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 540i M Sport

Quote:
The lack of luxury marques in that lot apart from your F10 leads me to believe that someone thought you had "too much".....and their lack of "enough" was enough to justify any "bad karma" that may happen upon you....even if they gave a bit of a nudge.
That F150 ain't cheap!!
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2016, 10:29 PM   #36
dbs600
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 750LXi Individual

Quote:
Huh? I would NOT accept this BS! Why are you?

That's an admission that this happens and that they're aware of same.

Get the full name of the person you spoke with and send the Dean and/or President a letter, certified mail return receipt. Consider copying a few others on the letter as well, so transparent.

You're not looking for the school to make you whole in this instance, however you'd calculate same, but YOU ARE looking for them to keep you safe, no?

Imagine if you caught the perp(s) in the act and needed to confront.

Last edited by dbs600; 08-30-2016 at 10:41 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2016, 11:33 PM   #37
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i Jet Black

Quote:
DUDE! show them the picture of the BIG *OCK & *ALLS ON YOUR WINDOW!!!! and ask if that wouldn't bother them if it was on their car! MORONS!
~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Follow me on Instagram: lsturbointeg
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2016, 11:38 PM   #38
ezaircon4jc
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 540i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsturbointeg View Post
DUDE! show them the picture of the BIG *OCK & *ALLS ON YOUR WINDOW!!!! and ask if that wouldn't bother them if it was on their car! MORONS!
Better yet. Make a poster of the damage and post it on their door!!!!
Appreciate 1
      08-30-2016, 11:43 PM   #39
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i Jet Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezaircon4jc View Post
Better yet. Make a poster of the damage and post it on their door!!!!
RIGHT!

I'm actually pissed they did that too him! not the security guards but that beeotch that did that
~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Follow me on Instagram: lsturbointeg
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2016, 11:47 PM   #40
krautmeister
krrrraaauuuuut
United_States
Rep

Garage List
G12 750i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezaircon4jc
Quote:
That F150 ain't cheap!!
True... But for whatever reason people cannot shake the perception that BMW is unobtainium for some.

I do wonder how the math adds up though as I've seen people who I'm certain make less than a 1/4 of my income with a $65k pick up. Sure, I can afford a lot more car than my F10 but these days, just because I can no longer means I do. Damn... If I just transported myself back 15 years, I'd probably punch myself!!
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2016, 06:02 AM   #41
M6NIAC
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsturbointeg
Quote:
I reported it also to campus police and one of the guys was like... "Yeah ill look into it more from now on" as he was literally texting somebody....
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2016, 01:27 PM   #42
krautmeister
krrrraaauuuuut
United_States
Rep

Garage List
G12 750i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boulder Bill View Post
Pretty solid advice.

I would have left the dick on too. 😜

Not judging you at all but laughing about the Monte Carlo I had last year of college. It did NOT draw unwanted attention.
Ha... I see my 3month old daughter in 18 years in the same dilemma. Yes, I had a 89 Ford Probe... she will probably have a nice 1 series or Z4 when the time comes.... keep it small enough so they can't fornicate in the car!
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2016, 02:10 PM   #43
Almaretto
Major General
Rep
Drives: Test Vehicles

I guess I am not the only one who thought, unless drawn to scale, that is a pretty big dick.
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2016, 02:27 PM   #44
Bbb34
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: '11 535i 6sp. DHP/RWD

Quote:
Damn... If I just transported myself back 15 years, I'd probably punch myself!!
Ha, almost as good as earlier corporate douche self criticism.

Quote:
.... keep it small enough so they can't fornicate in the car!
This is a concern for me much sooner than you so, one can only hope. Unfortunately we both know you're wrong on this one, even steering them towards Smart wont help us sleep at night.
Appreciate 0