2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
 

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Coding Speaker options
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      06-26-2014, 01:25 AM   #1
TJBentley
Private First Class
1
Rep
112
Posts

Drives: 05 525i
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Brooklyn, NY

iTrader: (0)

Speaker options

Hey guys. I'm looking to upgrade my audio system this upcoming week. I would like to order the speakers tomorrow so they'll be here sometime next week. I've kind of narrowed it down to two speakers. (Eliminated bsw upgrade as well as focal as it is very expensive.)

1st speaker is jl audio c5 400cm ... This retails for about $100 a speaker.
http://www.techronics.com/caraudio_1...-w-Grille.html

2nd speaker is cdt audio cl 42sl ... This retails for about $120 a speaker.
http://www.amazon.com/CL-42SL-Audio-.../dp/B00FXACP0U

I'm torn between these two. What would be the best choice in terms of clarity and being able to get LOUD. Any other speaker suggestions that will fit the front doors are also welcome. Not easy finding speakers to fit. Thanks
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2014, 12:27 PM   #2
Technic
Lieutenant General
Technic's Avatar
United_States
405
Rep
12,084
Posts

Drives: 2015 320i
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Ft Lauderdale, Florida

iTrader: (18)

I have installed the C5-400 with the C2 tweeters -they fit the F10 front and rear and they sound quite fantastic for their price, even with the OEM amp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJBentley View Post
Hey guys. I'm looking to upgrade my audio system this upcoming week. I would like to order the speakers tomorrow so they'll be here sometime next week. I've kind of narrowed it down to two speakers. (Eliminated bsw upgrade as well as focal as it is very expensive.)

1st speaker is jl audio c5 400cm ... This retails for about $100 a speaker.
http://www.techronics.com/caraudio_1...-w-Grille.html

2nd speaker is cdt audio cl 42sl ... This retails for about $120 a speaker.
http://www.amazon.com/CL-42SL-Audio-.../dp/B00FXACP0U

I'm torn between these two. What would be the best choice in terms of clarity and being able to get LOUD. Any other speaker suggestions that will fit the front doors are also welcome. Not easy finding speakers to fit. Thanks
__________________
-2015 F30 320i, Imperial/Oyster, 8AT, ED
-2012 E92 M3 Jerez Black/Rust Brown, M-DCT, ED: Gone
-2008 E90 M3 Melbourne Red/Bamboo, 6MT: Gone
-2007 MK5 GTI United Grey/Grey, DSG: Gone
-2004 E46 M3 Carbon Black/Cinnamon, 6MT: Gone
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2014, 12:36 PM   #3
TJBentley
Private First Class
1
Rep
112
Posts

Drives: 05 525i
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Brooklyn, NY

iTrader: (0)

Thanks technic. I think I may just order them and hook them up to my 4 channel amp.
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2014, 11:55 AM   #4
Technic
Lieutenant General
Technic's Avatar
United_States
405
Rep
12,084
Posts

Drives: 2015 320i
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Ft Lauderdale, Florida

iTrader: (18)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJBentley View Post
Thanks technic. I think I may just order them and hook them up to my 4 channel amp.
Is this an F10 with HiFi? Is so then you need a 6ch balanced inputs amp.
__________________
-2015 F30 320i, Imperial/Oyster, 8AT, ED
-2012 E92 M3 Jerez Black/Rust Brown, M-DCT, ED: Gone
-2008 E90 M3 Melbourne Red/Bamboo, 6MT: Gone
-2007 MK5 GTI United Grey/Grey, DSG: Gone
-2004 E46 M3 Carbon Black/Cinnamon, 6MT: Gone
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2014, 12:27 PM   #5
TJBentley
Private First Class
1
Rep
112
Posts

Drives: 05 525i
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Brooklyn, NY

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technic View Post
Is this an F10 with HiFi? Is so then you need a 6ch balanced inputs amp.
Really? The 4 ch amp I'm using is going to be the same one I had installed in my e60 with Hifi. Is it because of the center channel in the F10 Hifi?
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2014, 02:35 PM   #6
Technic
Lieutenant General
Technic's Avatar
United_States
405
Rep
12,084
Posts

Drives: 2015 320i
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Ft Lauderdale, Florida

iTrader: (18)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJBentley View Post
Really? The 4 ch amp I'm using is going to be the same one I had installed in my e60 with Hifi. Is it because of the center channel in the F10 Hifi?
The F10 HiFi uses a 7ch OEM amp. You may use a 6ch aftermarket amp with balanced inputs but center speaker will be disabled.

The direct aftermarket amp replacement for the F10 HiFi system OEM amp is the XD800/8.
__________________
-2015 F30 320i, Imperial/Oyster, 8AT, ED
-2012 E92 M3 Jerez Black/Rust Brown, M-DCT, ED: Gone
-2008 E90 M3 Melbourne Red/Bamboo, 6MT: Gone
-2007 MK5 GTI United Grey/Grey, DSG: Gone
-2004 E46 M3 Carbon Black/Cinnamon, 6MT: Gone
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:04 PM.




5post
5post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST