2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
 

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums General 5-Series Sedan and Wagon (F10 / F11) Forum FULL OFFICIAL F10 SPECS -- 523i / 528i / 535i / 550i / 520d / 525d / 530d
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      11-25-2009, 04:34 AM   #23
jayely1
Lieutenant Colonel
117

 
jayely1's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: New Mexico/Illinois


Posts: 1,924
iTrader: (1)

When will the actual tests be out in the US?
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2009, 09:06 AM   #24
THE JEDI
Major
79

 
Drives: 2005 Z4 2.5i
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: JAPAN, Okinawa


Posts: 1,436
iTrader: (0)

lOOKING AT THESE SPECS..WOW...THE NEXT 3 SERIES IS GONNA BE A MONSTER
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2009, 09:34 AM   #25
epiphone3
Lieutenant Colonel
60

 
Drives: 2013 BMW X3 35i
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Calgary


Posts: 1,647
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankiE90 View Post
wow valvetronic on the twinpower turbo 535i, not turbo(s) - must be the N55 engine.

and 528i, 258hp/228lbs - wtf?!!! <<<< loving those numbers, more ponies for NAs.
sorry guys just very interested in the new engine specs.
thanks Jason for the specs.
The question is, will the US and Canada get the direct injected, naturally aspirated engines that are available on the new 5? BMW has been selling DI and naturally aspirated engines in Europe for some time but never brought them here (I think because of concern over the Sulphur in our fuel causing unacceptable emissions?)

Agreed though, 528i with 258hp and 228 ft-lbs sounds very nice.
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2009, 10:22 AM   #26
maharadjah
New Member
Latvia
0

 
Drives: E39 523i
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Riga, Latvia


Posts: 13
iTrader: (0)

5-series become very heavy...
good specs, only one thing i am worrying about - Electric Power Steering with Servotronic
hope that this will not break drive feeling with artificial feel of steering..
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2009, 11:43 AM   #27
Remonster
Captain
United_States
17

 
Drives: M3 6MT VT2-625 - 335is DCT
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: San Diego, CA


Posts: 946
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by maharadjah View Post
5-series become very heavy...
good specs, only one thing i am worrying about - Electric Power Steering with Servotronic
hope that this will not break drive feeling with artificial feel of steering..
The E90 3 series has electric power steering, and if you've ever driven one you'll know how much steering feel it has.

I read an article where the guy in charge of designing the system said it reduces its power steering assist when making sudden corrections (like when you feed in opposite lock during a slide) to further improve feel when it's needed and I've definitely noticed this in my car. It's a really well designed system.
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2009, 12:53 PM   #28
epiphone3
Lieutenant Colonel
60

 
Drives: 2013 BMW X3 35i
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Calgary


Posts: 1,647
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by maharadjah View Post
5-series become very heavy...
good specs, only one thing i am worrying about - Electric Power Steering with Servotronic
hope that this will not break drive feeling with artificial feel of steering..
ummm... the new 5 is lighter than the E60.
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2009, 04:52 AM   #29
maharadjah
New Member
Latvia
0

 
Drives: E39 523i
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Riga, Latvia


Posts: 13
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by epiphone3 View Post
ummm... the new 5 is lighter than the E60.
Lighter ? 1905 kg for 550i F10 vs 1750 kg E60 550i ?
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2009, 04:57 AM   #30
maharadjah
New Member
Latvia
0

 
Drives: E39 523i
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Riga, Latvia


Posts: 13
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remonster View Post
The E90 3 series has electric power steering, and if you've ever driven one you'll know how much steering feel it has.

I read an article where the guy in charge of designing the system said it reduces its power steering assist when making sudden corrections (like when you feed in opposite lock during a slide) to further improve feel when it's needed and I've definitely noticed this in my car. It's a really well designed system.
Does e90 have Servotronic?
I had driven on F01 with electric power steering with servo - i was disappointed, e65 feels natural, f01 have absolutely uninformative blank steering wheel like on Mercs...
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2009, 07:52 AM   #31
keanu1
tiamat
Romania
71

 
keanu1's Avatar
 
Drives: 525 d
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: romania


Posts: 1,313
iTrader: (0)

Where are the 535d specs?
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2009, 10:07 AM   #32
RichReg
Lieutenant Colonel
42

 
RichReg's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 435Xi GC & 2000 323Ci.
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: New Jersey


Posts: 1,966
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by epiphone3 View Post
The question is, will the US and Canada get the direct injected, naturally aspirated engines that are available on the new 5? BMW has been selling DI and naturally aspirated engines in Europe for some time but never brought them here (I think because of concern over the Sulphur in our fuel causing unacceptable emissions?)

Agreed though, 528i with 258hp and 228 ft-lbs sounds very nice.
First off... Happy Thanksgiving to all!
Secondly, nice as it may sound ...(and this comes from our fellow member mapezzul) ,,,

NO DIRECT INJECTION NORMALLY ASPIRATED ENGINES FOR THE U.S.

If you notice in the U.S. Press release they mention that the 528 will have 240 horsepower...not the same engine. By my calculations, the U.S. equivalent of 258 Euro-hp would be closer to E90 330 territory...like 255 or so.

Also, I believe the F10 actually weighs a tad bit more than the E60. We have to wait for final specs on the U.S. models.
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2009, 10:08 AM   #33
Jason
Administrator
United_States
6574

 
Jason's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 M3
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: USA


Posts: 16,623
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by keanu1 View Post
Where are the 535d specs?
Oops, that was my mistake. There is only a 530d, no 535d.
__________________
Check on the Latest BMW News
Become a fan of Bimmerpost Facebook
Follow us on Bimmerpost Twitter
Subscribe to Bimmerpost Youtube Channel

Appreciate 0
      11-26-2009, 10:36 AM   #34
BimmerGuyFL
Lieutenant
United_States
67

 
Drives: 2013 F10 BMW 535i M-sport
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Orlando, FL USA


Posts: 515
iTrader: (0)

Weight DIN/EU what do each of them mean?
__________________
2013 F10 BMW 535i Alpine White / Oyster Dakota Leather / Anthracite Wood Trim / Steptronic transmission / M Sport Package / Premium Package / Technology Package / Rear-view camera / Park Distance Control
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2009, 10:47 AM   #35
epiphone3
Lieutenant Colonel
60

 
Drives: 2013 BMW X3 35i
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Calgary


Posts: 1,647
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichReg View Post
First off... Happy Thanksgiving to all!
Secondly, nice as it may sound ...(and this comes from our fellow member mapezzul) ,,,

NO DIRECT INJECTION NORMALLY ASPIRATED ENGINES FOR THE U.S.

If you notice in the U.S. Press release they mention that the 528 will have 240 horsepower...not the same engine. By my calculations, the U.S. equivalent of 258 Euro-hp would be closer to E90 330 territory...like 255 or so.

Also, I believe the F10 actually weighs a tad bit more than the E60. We have to wait for final specs on the U.S. models.
You are definately correct on the engine front. It is confirmed from BMW USA that the 528i is a naturally aspirated valvetronic engine with 240hp for the US. No mention of how much torque, but I'd imagine that the torque would be at the 228 ft-lb mark as the Euro model or quite close. Either way, it will be a decent step forward compared to current x28i engine.
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2009, 03:23 AM   #36
nemex12
Captain
30

 
Drives: e60,z4
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: florida


Posts: 767
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankiE90 View Post
wow valvetronic on the twinpower turbo 535i, not turbo(s) - must be the N55 engine.

and 528i, 258hp/228lbs - wtf?!!! <<<< loving those numbers, more ponies for NAs.
sorry guys just very interested in the new engine specs.
thanks Jason for the specs.
then you would love the e60 530i which have like 270 hp NA. looks like this line has gone until further notice (facelift), i was hoping a new 530i giving a little more power (expecting figures near 285hp) but then i guess it would take on the 535i market which would be pointless for bmw
__________________
if you want perfection buy a mercedes, or marry an accountant
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2009, 06:12 AM   #37
-=Hot|Ice=-
Been There, Done That.
United_States
317

 
-=Hot|Ice=-'s Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 BMW M3
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Maryland


Posts: 4,727
iTrader: (0)

Yeah. looks like the 28 engine got it's HP back and is now back to 258 horses. This engine is going to trickle down into the 3 series which means the 230hp engine is gone!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaypod View Post
You sound like my buddies who have AMG's - Slam the gas, slam the brakes...
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2009, 07:10 AM   #38
vladberca
Brigadier General
Romania
37

 
vladberca's Avatar
 
Drives: '09 jetta tsi 6mt
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Craiova


Posts: 3,706
iTrader: (0)

i like the new range of engines... maybe the future 535d will come later...
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2009, 08:07 AM   #39
dhoggm3
Captain
United_States
22

 
dhoggm3's Avatar
 
Drives: F80 E93 E36 M3, F430, 981 BS
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: York, PA


Posts: 972
iTrader: (1)

The 550 schools the 535 in fuel economy? Gotta be some typos going on here.
__________________

Never leave a car completely stock!
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2009, 11:27 AM   #40
michal12
Second Lieutenant
42

 
Drives: 2009 330d M sport
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: CZ


Posts: 207
iTrader: (0)

Not available yet. Will come with the engine from 740d but later in the lifecycle of the model

Quote:
Originally Posted by keanu1 View Post
Where are the 535d specs?
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2010, 06:41 PM   #41
Mr. ///M3 RD
Major General
Canada
323

 
Mr. ///M3 RD's Avatar
 
Drives: E350 & 280 SL on Weekends :)
Join Date: May 2010
Location: GTA, Ontario - Canada


Posts: 7,863
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Just saw the presentation of the new 5 Series at the dealer here in London, Ontario Canada. Very impressive I must say.
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2010, 07:35 AM   #42
remmib
General
Norway
401

 
remmib's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 F10 520d M-Sport
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Norway


Posts: 26,223
iTrader: (0)

Jason, these spec listings are great.
So I was wondering if there's any chance you can get the same official specs for the 535d too.
__________________

F10 520d M-Sport Alpine White | HRE P43SC 20x9+20x11 | Michelin PSS 255/35+295/30 | KW V3 Coilover | M5 Front Sway Bar + M550d Rear Sway Bar | 3D Design Front Lip | BMW M Performance CF Spoiler | BMW M Performance Diffuser | BMW M Performance Black Grills | BMW M Performance Pedals |
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2011, 03:49 AM   #43
KJeez
Registered
1

 
Drives: 2011 Bmw 550i
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Chico


Posts: 4
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2011 BMW 550i  [0.00]
they say 5.0 0-60 time
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2011, 03:43 AM   #44
andrex-1
Registered
Russian Federation
0

 
Drives: f-10/530d
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: RUS


Posts: 2
iTrader: (0)

I like f-10
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:38 AM.




5post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST