2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Wheels / Tires / Suspension / Brakes Questions about Alignment
      04-29-2015, 09:43 AM   #1
First Lieutenant

Drives: 2011 550i RWD, 1999 323i

Questions about Alignment

Please feel free to chime in.

As far as I can see by the suspension on our F10's the only alignment on the front seems to be the toe angle, and on the rear, toe angle also. (correct me if i'm wrong). The thrust arms seem to be bolt on with no adjustment (caster angle).

To make any other adjustments to the suspension suck as camber or caster would require and adjustable kit or lobed type setup on the upper or lower control arms.

Since our cars are double wishbone suspension changing springs should only change the camber angle, which cannot be adjusted. (please correct me if i'm wrong).

Depending on the height or center point of the steering tirerod, would affect your toe as the camber progressively changes under load. So is this the only alignment adjustment done?

I'm really curious about it? i know on my e46 it was single wishbone/macpherson strut so the bolts at the top of the shock tower would be your caster/camber adjustment.
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2015, 02:32 PM   #2

Drives: 2013 F10 520d M-Sport

I believe you can adjust the camber in the rear.

F10 520d M-Sport Alpine White | HRE P43SC 20x9+20x11 | Michelin PSS 255/35+295/30 | KW V3 Coilover | M5 Front Sway Bar + M550d Rear Sway Bar | 3DDesign Front Lip | BMW M Performance CF Spoiler | BMW M Performance Diffuser | BMW M Performance Black Grills | BMW M Performance Pedals |
Appreciate 0