2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
 

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications 'Chipping or tune for the N55 535i Engine?
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      06-25-2010, 05:22 PM   #1
cvbm3
Enlisted Member
2
Rep
42
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 535xi (Euro Delivery)
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Washington

iTrader: (0)

'Chipping or tune for the N55 535i Engine?

After test driving both the 535 and 550 (and comparing to my 2008 535 with the N54 engine a juicebox 'chip producing +40 HP or so), I was left pretty cold on the performance on the 535. The 550 was mighty!, but if I could have the same performance from the new 535 as I have in my same vehicle, I'd be happy.

Has anyone seen any aftermarket mods yet to tune up the N55 turbo beyond the stock 300HP? Searches across this forum and other have been rather fruitless so far...
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2010, 08:17 PM   #2
positiveions
Lieutenant General
positiveions's Avatar
Lebanon
114
Rep
10,529
Posts

 
Drives: 09 MKV JETTA 2.5 & E90 M3 :)
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: La Verne, CA

iTrader: (1)

Send a message via MSN to positiveions Send a message via Yahoo to positiveions
I am sure Dinan will work on something shortly; along with other aftermarket tuners. But the question I have for you is that are you thinking of obtaining similar performance level as the 550 from the 535? If you want the performance of the 550, then get the 550. There is a price difference of 7-9k; it all depends on options you desire.
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2010, 09:31 PM   #3
Grizzles
First Lieutenant
Grizzles's Avatar
United_States
7
Rep
376
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 550XI MSPORT
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: NNJ

iTrader: (0)

i want to chip my 550
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2010, 10:36 PM   #4
geneatals
Ninja
geneatals's Avatar
Philippines
44
Rep
3,206
Posts

 
Drives: 2011.5 E90 M3
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: So Cal (SFV)

iTrader: (2)

i thought burger and procede are both if nothave released piggybacks for the n55...since LCI e9x's have the n55...have you checked the e90posts FI section yet?
__________________
2011.5 E90 M3 AW l Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL l Pics/Mods
Retired: 2008 535i l AW l Black Dakota Leather l Bamboo Anthracite l ZPP l ZSP l 6FL
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2010, 04:05 AM   #5
Robin_NL
S0THPAW
Robin_NL's Avatar
Netherlands
82
Rep
4,696
Posts

 
Drives: AW 1M , Assetto Corsa
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: The Netherlands, Europe

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eatrach73 View Post
I am sure Dinan will work on something shortly; along with other aftermarket tuners. But the question I have for you is that are you thinking of obtaining similar performance level as the 550 from the 535? If you want the performance of the 550, then get the 550. There is a price difference of 7-9k; it all depends on options you desire.
In my country the 535iA starts from +/- 65000 euros, the 550iA is 94000 euros.

That's a price difference of 29k euros...

So I also want to know what's possible with the N55 in EU...

Cheers
Robin
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2010, 03:02 AM   #6
Bluesummer
Lieutenant General
Bluesummer's Avatar
Taiwan
179
Rep
15,410
Posts

 
Drives: slower than Ayrton Senna
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Nürburgring, be there once, your heart, your soul will stay there.

iTrader: (13)

Garage List
2015 M4  [0.00]
2011 E82 135  [0.00]
2011 M3  [0.00]
2007 335  [0.00]
I'm waiting for procede for N63 535.
__________________

R.I.P. Steve Noh
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2010, 03:46 PM   #7
geneatals
Ninja
geneatals's Avatar
Philippines
44
Rep
3,206
Posts

 
Drives: 2011.5 E90 M3
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: So Cal (SFV)

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesummer View Post
I'm waiting for procede for N63 535.
you mean N63 550 right?
__________________
2011.5 E90 M3 AW l Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL l Pics/Mods
Retired: 2008 535i l AW l Black Dakota Leather l Bamboo Anthracite l ZPP l ZSP l 6FL
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2010, 01:39 AM   #8
shiv@vishnu
Tuner
United_States
702
Rep
17,616
Posts

 
Drives: X1, 335i
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: SF Bay, CA

iTrader: (0)

Hi guys,
We'll have something for the n55 pretty soon

Cheers,
shiv
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2010, 02:58 AM   #9
Robin_NL
S0THPAW
Robin_NL's Avatar
Netherlands
82
Rep
4,696
Posts

 
Drives: AW 1M , Assetto Corsa
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: The Netherlands, Europe

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiv@vishnu View Post
Hi guys,
We'll have something for the n55 pretty soon

Cheers,
shiv
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2010, 06:14 AM   #10
BMW-GT
Enlisted Member
BMW-GT's Avatar
United_States
3
Rep
30
Posts

 
Drives: 2012 BMW X5 5.0i
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Does not chipping a car in you just bought (new F10) void the warranty?
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2010, 09:14 AM   #11
ALPINE6SPD
Lieutenant General
ALPINE6SPD's Avatar
United_States
113
Rep
10,418
Posts

 
Drives: 2010 BMW 328i Sport
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Highland Lakes NJ

iTrader: (2)

Send a message via AIM to ALPINE6SPD
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW-GT View Post
Does not chipping a car in you just bought (new F10) void the warranty?
Please oh Please im begging you to search. This question is beat to hell. Do a search ebcause there are so many different answers. Dinan does not void your warranty and that is all I have time to tell you.
__________________
2010 AW e90 328i: 6 speed, Black Leather, Dark Wood trim, ZPP, ZCW, ZVP,ZSP, Nav, Xenon
BMW Performance CF Rear spolier and Gloss black grills
2008 Candy White MKV GTI 2.0T 6 Speed Manul Gone
2008 AW X3 3.0si: 6 speed Returned
2006 AW e90 330i: 6 speed Dinan Stage 1 Returned
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2010, 11:34 AM   #12
shockin330i
Brigadier General
59
Rep
4,206
Posts

 
Drives: blue
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: f y'all, I'm from Texas (RGV)

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiv@vishnu View Post
Hi guys,
We'll have something for the n55 pretty soon

Cheers,
shiv
Shiv, if you need any testers I'd be more than happy to help out in any way
__________________
ERnie 2011 AW/e90/n55 12.9@107.53mph
*N55 Moderator*
I'm crawling similar to a ant cuz I'm low to the earth
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2010, 01:27 PM   #13
M II
United_States
28
Rep
1,210
Posts

 
Drives:
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: La Habra, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvbm3 View Post
After test driving both the 535 and 550 (and comparing to my 2008 535 with the N54 engine a juicebox 'chip producing +40 HP or so), I was left pretty cold on the performance on the 535. The 550 was mighty!, but if I could have the same performance from the new 535 as I have in my same vehicle, I'd be happy.

Has anyone seen any aftermarket mods yet to tune up the N55 turbo beyond the stock 300HP? Searches across this forum and other have been rather fruitless so far...

Don't worry guys!

Burger Motorsports is already working on a whole new updated JB3 Processor to power the N55!

The same great, powerful application will now be available for the newer BMWs with the twin scroll, single turbo N55 engines.
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2010, 02:22 PM   #14
shiv@vishnu
Tuner
United_States
702
Rep
17,616
Posts

 
Drives: X1, 335i
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: SF Bay, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shockin330i View Post
Shiv, if you need any testers I'd be more than happy to help out in any way
Thanks man! Don't think we need anything just yet. But I will have videos to show our progress so far (code clearing/reading, dtc mapswitching, etc,.)

Fwiw, we are using the same Procede hardware as we use in the n54 application. We didn't leave anything out the first time we designed it.

Cheers,
shiv
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2010, 05:45 PM   #15
geneatals
Ninja
geneatals's Avatar
Philippines
44
Rep
3,206
Posts

 
Drives: 2011.5 E90 M3
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: So Cal (SFV)

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALPINE6SPD View Post
Please oh Please im begging you to search. This question is beat to hell. Do a search ebcause there are so many different answers. Dinan does not void your warranty and that is all I have time to tell you.
actually, dinan still does void your warranty, it's just dinan provides their own warranty should BMW deny warranty work due to Dinan products installed....


and yes "search" is your friend...most info will be found on e90posts rather than there I would think....
__________________
2011.5 E90 M3 AW l Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL l Pics/Mods
Retired: 2008 535i l AW l Black Dakota Leather l Bamboo Anthracite l ZPP l ZSP l 6FL
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2010, 03:05 AM   #16
shockin330i
Brigadier General
59
Rep
4,206
Posts

 
Drives: blue
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: f y'all, I'm from Texas (RGV)

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiv@vishnu View Post
Thanks man! Don't think we need anything just yet. But I will have videos to show our progress so far (code clearing/reading, dtc mapswitching, etc,.)

Fwiw, we are using the same Procede hardware as we use in the n54 application. We didn't leave anything out the first time we designed it.

Cheers,
shiv
Well then I will be saving my money to get this as soon as it comes out. Consider me customer number 1 for the n55...
__________________
ERnie 2011 AW/e90/n55 12.9@107.53mph
*N55 Moderator*
I'm crawling similar to a ant cuz I'm low to the earth
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2010, 12:18 AM   #17
aus
Major General
117
Rep
7,406
Posts

 
Drives: Odysse
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Seal Beach, CA

iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALPINE6SPD View Post
Please oh Please im begging you to search. This question is beat to hell. Do a search ebcause there are so many different answers. Dinan does not void your warranty and that is all I have time to tell you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by geneatals View Post
actually, dinan still does void your warranty, it's just dinan provides their own warranty should BMW deny warranty work due to Dinan products installed....
Thank you for answering appropriately.
I would add that it can get sticky between the two companies. Say your fuel pump goes out, or tubor fails. Who should fix it? BMW will obviously blame Dinan and Dinan will blame BMW for faulty equipment. You get a brick in your garage.
__________________
Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by some of the top engineers in the world because some guys sponsored by a company told you it's "better??" But when you ask the same guy about tracking, "oh no, I have a kid now" or "I just detailed my car." or "i just got new tires."
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2010, 03:06 PM   #18
cvbm3
Enlisted Member
2
Rep
42
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 535xi (Euro Delivery)
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Washington

iTrader: (0)

No, I'm looking to get performance levels similar to my existing chipped 535. Something closer to 350HP/350Torque (like a juicebox stage 2). If this is not possible, I won't be getting the 535 F10 and will either go 550 or look at another vehicle.


Quote:
Originally Posted by eatrach73 View Post
I am sure Dinan will work on something shortly; along with other aftermarket tuners. But the question I have for you is that are you thinking of obtaining similar performance level as the 550 from the 535? If you want the performance of the 550, then get the 550. There is a price difference of 7-9k; it all depends on options you desire.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2010, 06:19 AM   #19
thefilmmaking
New Member
0
Rep
16
Posts

 
Drives: F10 535i
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: LA

iTrader: (0)

N55 535i chip

Hi all, I just wanted to know if anyone has installed this chip or any other available chip on their 535i considering it has the same N55 engine (though it isn't listed as a supported vehicle, which is why I ask).

http://burgertuning.com/N55_Jb_BMW_P...nce_Tuner.html


I wanted to know if it works on our F10 535s. Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2010, 07:52 PM   #20
thefilmmaking
New Member
0
Rep
16
Posts

 
Drives: F10 535i
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: LA

iTrader: (0)

Well, in case anyone was wondering, I e-mailed Terry, and he said that the chip will work in our F10 535's. I'll let you guys know how it works out... unless someone already has it installed and can fill us in till then.
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2011, 03:51 PM   #21
asad mueed
New Member
0
Rep
9
Posts

 
Drives: bmw 523i f10
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: new delhi, india

iTrader: (0)

hi guys and ideas of getting any more power out of a 2010 f10 523i 2.5l petrol
engine and remaps deemed to be official
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2011, 05:33 AM   #22
e33extra
New Member
Singapore
0
Rep
18
Posts

 
Drives: e93 325i
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Singapore

iTrader: (0)

So has any F10 535's gotten te chip on to work yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefilmmaking View Post
Well, in case anyone was wondering, I e-mailed Terry, and he said that the chip will work in our F10 535's. I'll let you guys know how it works out... unless someone already has it installed and can fill us in till then.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:16 AM.




5post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST