2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics DIY Guides & Discussions How to remove the back seat, BMW F10 W/O through loading option 465

04-04-2013, 04:21 PM   #1
Zaman
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW (F10) 528i Xdrive

Garage List
How to remove the back seat, BMW F10 W/O through loading option 465

Here is DIY for removing the rear seats on 5er F10 without through loading option (465)
There are different possible reasons that you may need to remove the back seats, e.g. Having access to parcel shelf to add speakers or subwoofers.
Here are the steps:

1- remove the bottom part of the seat by pulling its front up. There are two notches (shown in pics) that are holding it in place each one approximately at the center of each of the back seats. Pull the seat up at those locations.

Name:  IMG_1.jpg
Views: 7161
Size:  445.7 KB
Name:  IMG_2.jpg
Views: 3548
Size:  488.2 KB

2- push the seatbelt locks into their hole.

3- slide the seat toward the front of the car and up.
Note: you may need to do steps 2 and 3 in intermittent efforts to release the seatbelt locks.

4- using a Torx 45 unscrew two screws at the bottom of the back part near seatbelt locks (shown in pics)

Name:  IMG_3.jpg
Views: 3273
Size:  410.8 KB
Name:  IMG_4.JPG
Views: 3281
Size:  332.5 KB

5- at the two lower corners of the back part, near doors, there are two long tongues. Slide them out of their hole by pulling the corners up and front.
Note: these tongues may pop back into their holes.

6- pull the seatbelts and put the behind the edges of the back part (shown in pics). If you don't do this step when you are pulling the back part explained in step 7, the seatbelt auto locks won't let you do your job, so you have to keep them away.

Name:  IMG_5.jpg
Views: 3175
Size:  290.2 KB
Name:  IMG_6.jpg
Views: 3213
Size:  492.0 KB

7- pull (hard) the back part up. There are two notches (shown in pics) that the back part is locked in them and by pulling up you should release the back, so don't be afraid to pull hard.

Name:  IMG_7.JPG
Views: 3234
Size:  280.5 KB
Name:  IMG_8.JPG
Views: 3280
Size:  394.7 KB

That's it.
When putting back everything go to the reverse order of the steps above. The most difficult part of putting back is when you want to put back the seatbelt locks into their holes in the seat while sliding the seat back into its place. (good luck with that)

2012 528i XDrive Alpine white
Appreciate 2
      04-04-2013, 08:19 PM   #2
kthankzbye
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 550i DGM

Thank you for this. Now I can hardwire my dashcam.
Appreciate 1
      07-16-2013, 02:08 PM   #3
mikessc
Rep
Drives: 2006 E60

Thank You. Might need this in the future.
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2013, 11:53 PM   #4
Zaman
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW (F10) 528i Xdrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by kthankzbye View Post
Thank you for this. Now I can hardwire my dashcam.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikessc View Post
Thank You. Might need this in the future.
YWC guys. Let me know if you had any questions.

2012 528i XDrive Alpine white
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2014, 08:36 AM   #5
Keith Alexander
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 320I M Sport

Rear seat / seatback removal F30

Hi,

Came across your post regards rear seat removal on an F10, I only signed up to this Forum a few days ago and am desperate to know how to perform the same operation on an F30. I've opened a thread on General and DIY for an F30 but so far have only received the one reply and don't think it is relevant. would appreciate if you can help in any way?

FYI. The rear seat is fixed and I can see the two Torx connections at he base of the seatback but no info on the top connections or how to release them!

Cheers.
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2015, 01:01 AM   #6
Iancar
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 535i

Seatbelt and trunk access

Loved your post. I needed it to access the battery in the trunk to hardwire my dashcam. I was able to access the trunk without removing the back pad. I just pulled it out a little and saw a small opening. See image. Also, when putting seat back together, I wrapped (do not tie) a shoe string around each seat belt buckle and pulled it through the seat opening.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-12-2015, 01:04 AM   #7
Iancar
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 535i

Seatbelt and trunk access image 2

Seatbelt image
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-12-2015, 07:15 AM   #8
beppeM3+123d
Private
Rep
Drives: bmw m3 dct + 123d e81

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaman
Here is DIY for removing the rear seats on 5er F10 without through loading option (465)
There are different possible reasons that you may need to remove the back seats, e.g. Having access to parcel shelf to add speakers or subwoofers.
Here are the steps:

1- remove the bottom part of the seat by pulling its front up. There are two notches (shown in pics) that are holding it in place each one approximately at the center of each of the back seats. Pull the seat up at those locations.

Attachment 841065
Attachment 841066

2- push the seatbelt locks into their hole.

3- slide the seat toward the front of the car and up.
Note: you may need to do steps 2 and 3 in intermittent efforts to release the seatbelt locks.

4- using a Torx 45 unscrew two screws at the bottom of the back part near seatbelt locks (shown in pics)

Attachment 841067
Attachment 841068

5- at the two lower corners of the back part, near doors, there are two long tongues. Slide them out of their hole by pulling the corners up and front.
Note: these tongues may pop back into their holes.

6- pull the seatbelts and put the behind the edges of the back part (shown in pics). If you don't do this step when you are pulling the back part explained in step 7, the seatbelt auto locks won't let you do your job, so you have to keep them away.

Attachment 841069
Attachment 841070

7- pull (hard) the back part up. There are two notches (shown in pics) that the back part is locked in them and by pulling up you should release the back, so don't be afraid to pull hard.

Attachment 841071
Attachment 841072

That's it.
When putting back everything go to the reverse order of the steps above. The most difficult part of putting back is when you want to put back the seatbelt locks into their holes in the seat while sliding the seat back into its place. (good luck with that)
Very nice job: i have a question: adding the two device in the trunk to unlock the rear seats and also the hinges instead of screw on the bottom could it be a retrofit workable? Even then you cant split because is a single part the possibility to fold down is a great things coming from the basis locked.
Appreciate 0