2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
 

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Politics/Religion Obamacare
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      03-09-2012, 05:01 PM   #23
ideliver
Major
 
ideliver's Avatar
 
Drives: 08 E60 M5 & 08 Infiniti QX56
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: At the gas station

Posts: 1,232
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2006 MB S430 SOLD  [0.00]
2003 E46 M3  [0.00]
I buy $5,000 to $10,000/mo of Mirena IUD's ( I get a lot of AMEX points)

Medicaid patients get this 5 to 7 yr form of birth control for free

Many of the patients that get it for free decide within sometimes 1 month they don't like it, want a baby (new dude in their life), or "heard that it causes problems", etc and get it removed...

Everyone else just paid a $1,000 for a few months of birth control...

I've got a house full of plasma TV's and Xbox's, PS3's and iPads from my AMEX points for IUDs that don't get used....courtesy of everyone else...

All I do is win....

__________________
Cars I've owned '76 Chevelle 350 RIP '82 Monte Carlo 350 RIP '82 Mustang 302 RIP '88 Honda CRX RIP '88 Olds Toronado sold '94 Toyota Tercel sold '99 Acura TL sold 2002 Porsche 911 sold 2003 E46 M3 Blk/gr 2006 MB S430 sold Current: 2008 Infiniti QX56 & 2008 E60 M5

ideliver is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-09-2012, 05:27 PM   #24
txz4
Major
 
txz4's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 M coupe
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: san antonio, texas

Posts: 1,098
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1997gtx View Post
Why so angry? You associate anyone disagreeing with you as a "lib" and then you get all angry. You'll die early with that much unnecessary rage. I can only hope you can afford health insurance

And, for someone who seemingly has all the finance and econ answers and likes to tell people to "educate themselves," can you please tell me since when do people pay cap gains tax on investments that lose money? It's a simple logical argument. If you think someone will invest less because the money they may make might be a few percent less because of taxes (but only if they make money), you've never invested money. Personally, I think cap gains taxes should be higher in some areas, and lower in others.

In regards to insurance, there are a myriad of things all plans must cover. All plans have to cover preventive care at 100%. That includes mammograms, pap smears, etc. AND vaccines. Obama said birth control is preventive care and should thus be covered at 100% like everything else. Simple enough.

Perhaps YOU should educate yourself?
Rage? haha nope. Im actually very happy, between driving my M and being successful at work i dont have any time to "rage" i also have a fantastic insurance plan that i pay more for because it covers everything i want. If i ever feel like "raging" i have a membership to the best gym in town. Alas, life is good BK, life is good.

Educate myself on what? i said you can lose NEARLY all of it. I didn't even hide it. Sorry you missed it. You never even addressed risk. which after all, in Finance 101 you learn first thing, you get paid for risk.

In regards to the preventative care statement, i have been consistent in my belief and everything ive said. I said if they dont want to provide something fine. Just because they have to by law doesn't mean that its right. I clearly spelled this out and have been 100% consistent. Again, i never said anything that would say that they have no legal reason too now. I just said they should have the right to provide what they do and don't want.

Why always go with the personal attacks? die early with rage? "no im educated you get educated"? come on... Thats the best argument you can come up with? You guys focus so much on minutia of a single issue based on some emotion, that you miss the implications of the decisions made and forced upon others. I even said i think its silly to not provide oral contraception coverage, but again. Im not them, i dont presume to make choices for others. Im not about to violate others free will for something so easily accessible.
txz4 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-09-2012, 09:35 PM   #25
mspeasl
Sixties Drag Racer
 
mspeasl's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Cashmere Silver 528i
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Decatur, IL - USA

Posts: 410
iTrader: (0)

Cool politically correct

This thread turned into a contraception thread based on what happened last week. First off let me say that I am a senior and an independent. Further more let me say that I am not defending or complementing Mr. Limbaugh’s comments on his radio program. What I am saying is the fact that Miss Fluke stated, on the National stage, that she was a promiscuous female and that is sad. Now my late grandmother would have said that she was “not a nice girl”. She would have been correct in her statement. My mother however would not have been as nice. My late moms comment would have been Miss Fluke was a “round heeled floozy with loose morals”. The next thing coming from moms mouth would have been “she is nothing more than a common Slut”. Now that was the words of two little old ladies from past generations that date from the 1880’s until 2002 and their take on the world. Today none of the above is acceptable in our politically correct world. But like the late Red Skelton used to say “I jus calls um the ways I sees um“. Maybe “Red” was really the politically correct one.
__________________
Mspeasl - Central Illinois - USA :
My Garage: 2011 - Cashmere Silver Metallic BMW, 528i (Delivered 17 January 2011)
2008 - Radiant Red Toyota, M6 'X-Runner' (Delivered 15 November 2007)
1957 - Chevrolet Bel Air 2dr Coupe' Drag Car (2nd Owner since 1964)
1947 - Chevrolet Sport Master Coupe' Street Rod (2nd Owner since 1974)
mspeasl is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-10-2012, 03:48 AM   #26
ScotchAndCigar
Banned
 
ScotchAndCigar's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 128i space gray vert
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: New England

Posts: 817
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mspeasl View Post
What I am saying is the fact that Miss Fluke stated, on the National stage, that she was a promiscuous female and that is sad.
You ignorant fool. Try checking your facts before you slander someone on a public forum.
http://www.buzzfeed.com/boxofficebuz...dra-fluke-48z2
As you can see, she makes absolutely no references to herself or sex. Turn off Rush and Fox news, and come back to reality.
ScotchAndCigar is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-19-2012, 11:28 AM   #27
mspeasl
Sixties Drag Racer
 
mspeasl's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Cashmere Silver 528i
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Decatur, IL - USA

Posts: 410
iTrader: (0)

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotchAndCigar View Post
You ignorant fool.
Young man its taken me a week to cool off before continuing this thread and to answer your comment. That said, I realize that I do not need to answer your statement. You said enough about yourself in that statement......!
__________________
Mspeasl - Central Illinois - USA :
My Garage: 2011 - Cashmere Silver Metallic BMW, 528i (Delivered 17 January 2011)
2008 - Radiant Red Toyota, M6 'X-Runner' (Delivered 15 November 2007)
1957 - Chevrolet Bel Air 2dr Coupe' Drag Car (2nd Owner since 1964)
1947 - Chevrolet Sport Master Coupe' Street Rod (2nd Owner since 1974)

Last edited by mspeasl; 03-19-2012 at 03:22 PM.
mspeasl is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-19-2012, 08:56 PM   #28
ideliver
Major
 
ideliver's Avatar
 
Drives: 08 E60 M5 & 08 Infiniti QX56
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: At the gas station

Posts: 1,232
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2006 MB S430 SOLD  [0.00]
2003 E46 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mspeasl View Post
Young man its taken me a week to cool off before continuing this thread and to answer your comment. That said, I realize that I do not need to answer your statement. You said enough about yourself in that statement......!
settings<edit ignore list<scotchandcigar

your life will not be filled with that negative karma....that vitriol and negativity is best avoided
__________________
Cars I've owned '76 Chevelle 350 RIP '82 Monte Carlo 350 RIP '82 Mustang 302 RIP '88 Honda CRX RIP '88 Olds Toronado sold '94 Toyota Tercel sold '99 Acura TL sold 2002 Porsche 911 sold 2003 E46 M3 Blk/gr 2006 MB S430 sold Current: 2008 Infiniti QX56 & 2008 E60 M5

ideliver is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-19-2012, 09:22 PM   #29
ScotchAndCigar
Banned
 
ScotchAndCigar's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 128i space gray vert
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: New England

Posts: 817
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mspeasl View Post
Young man its taken me a week to cool off before continuing this thread and to answer your comment. That said, I realize that I do not need to answer your statement. You said enough about yourself in that statement......!
I'm no young man, and I can certainly spot a poor attempt to deflect your 100% false and slanderous post by putting the focus on me. Did it ever occur to you to say something about the woman whom you erroneously trashed, instead of making a pointless observation about me?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ideliver View Post
settings<edit ignore list<scotchandcigar
That's right, when you get caught in a lie, just put the poster on your ignore list. The fact that you spoke up on his behalf says a lot about your integrity.
ScotchAndCigar is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-19-2012, 10:11 PM   #30
ideliver
Major
 
ideliver's Avatar
 
Drives: 08 E60 M5 & 08 Infiniti QX56
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: At the gas station

Posts: 1,232
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2006 MB S430 SOLD  [0.00]
2003 E46 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotchAndCigar View Post
I'm no young man, and I can certainly spot a poor attempt to deflect your 100% false and slanderous post by putting the focus on me. Did it ever occur to you to say something about the woman whom you erroneously trashed, instead of making a pointless observation about me?
That's right, when you get caught in a lie, just put the poster on your ignore list. The fact that you spoke up on his behalf says a lot about your integrity.
your personal attacks say mountains about yours....
__________________
Cars I've owned '76 Chevelle 350 RIP '82 Monte Carlo 350 RIP '82 Mustang 302 RIP '88 Honda CRX RIP '88 Olds Toronado sold '94 Toyota Tercel sold '99 Acura TL sold 2002 Porsche 911 sold 2003 E46 M3 Blk/gr 2006 MB S430 sold Current: 2008 Infiniti QX56 & 2008 E60 M5

ideliver is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-20-2012, 03:13 AM   #31
ScotchAndCigar
Banned
 
ScotchAndCigar's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 128i space gray vert
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: New England

Posts: 817
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ideliver View Post
your personal attacks say mountains about yours....
Sorry, God, but that doesn't even make sense.

Any person who's fooled by Rush Limbaugh into thinking he's delivering facts, and in-turn ignores due diligence and posts these "facts" without first checking the woman's actual testimony is, well, you know. I wasn't making a personal attack, but merely stating my opinion of his behavior.

I didn't force the guy to post that Ms. Fluke was a "self-admitted promiscuous female", he did that all by himself, and then you defended him. And neither of you have the integrity to admit you're wrong. It's much easier to take shots at the guy who's calling you out, right?
ScotchAndCigar is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-20-2012, 04:21 AM   #32
xbook
Lieutenant Colonel
 
xbook's Avatar
 
Drives: '14 EBII M235i & '06 R53 GP
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Northridge, CA

Posts: 1,536
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 E82  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotchAndCigar View Post
Sorry, God, but that doesn't even make sense.

Any person who's fooled by Rush Limbaugh into thinking he's delivering facts, and in-turn ignores due diligence and posts these "facts" without first checking the woman's actual testimony is, well, you know. I wasn't making a personal attack, but merely stating my opinion of his behavior.

I didn't force the guy to post that Ms. Fluke was a "self-admitted promiscuous female", he did that all by himself, and then you defended him. And neither of you have the integrity to admit you're wrong. It's much easier to take shots at the guy who's calling you out, right?
Yeah, because otherwise they'd have to be responsible for what they say, and heaven forbid that happen.
__________________
xbook is offline   Zimbabwe
0
Reply With Quote
      03-20-2012, 09:42 AM   #33
justinnum1
Brigadier General
 
Drives: 2013 335i Msport
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: South Florida

Posts: 3,985
iTrader: (0)

people here listen to rush limbaugh?
__________________
F30 335i Msport Estoril Blue/Black leather sport auto. black grills, Performance Exhaust, HK,
justinnum1 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-22-2012, 03:01 PM   #34
mspeasl
Sixties Drag Racer
 
mspeasl's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Cashmere Silver 528i
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Decatur, IL - USA

Posts: 410
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotchAndCigar View Post
Sorry, God, but that doesn't even make sense.

Any person who's fooled by Rush Limbaugh into thinking he's delivering facts, and in-turn ignores due diligence and posts these "facts" without first checking the woman's actual testimony is, well, you know. I wasn't making a personal attack, but merely stating my opinion of his behavior.

I didn't force the guy to post that Ms. Fluke was a "self-admitted promiscuous female", he did that all by himself, and then you defended him. And neither of you have the integrity to admit you're wrong. It's much easier to take shots at the guy who's calling you out, right?
Perception young man, perception. If it Walks like a duck, quacks Like a duck, then it must be a duck........!
__________________
Mspeasl - Central Illinois - USA :
My Garage: 2011 - Cashmere Silver Metallic BMW, 528i (Delivered 17 January 2011)
2008 - Radiant Red Toyota, M6 'X-Runner' (Delivered 15 November 2007)
1957 - Chevrolet Bel Air 2dr Coupe' Drag Car (2nd Owner since 1964)
1947 - Chevrolet Sport Master Coupe' Street Rod (2nd Owner since 1974)
mspeasl is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-23-2012, 08:05 AM   #35
ScotchAndCigar
Banned
 
ScotchAndCigar's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 128i space gray vert
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: New England

Posts: 817
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mspeasl View Post
Perception young man, perception. If it Walks like a duck, quacks Like a duck, then it must be a duck........!
Huh? Perception of whom (you? Rush? Ms Fluke?) and of what (lying? slander?)?

You seem to be missing the point, which is this: Rush Limbaugh makes-up shit for "entertainment value", and people like you blindly declare his sputum to be "fact", and go post it as such to online forums. You show no remorse for not having heard or read the actual testimony, nor will you admit to any wrongdoing when later presented with the testimony. How's my "perception" so far?

And by the way, my 24 year old daughter wants you to stop calling me "young man".
ScotchAndCigar is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-23-2012, 10:11 AM   #36
Templar
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Templar's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 E92 M3
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: One of the coasts...

Posts: 1,816
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [5.00]
.
Attached Images
 
__________________
'11 BMW E92 ///M3 - ZCP and DCT
'13 Toyota Tundra - 4x4 Platinum CrewMax, 5.7l iForce V8
Templar is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-27-2012, 11:31 PM   #37
mzem
Private
 
mzem's Avatar
 
Drives: '09 135, '05 Boxster S
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Minneapolis area

Posts: 50
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mspeasl View Post
Young man its taken me a week to cool off before continuing this thread and to answer your comment. That said, I realize that I do not need to answer your statement. You said enough about yourself in that statement......!
So, some anonymous person takes a shot at you over the internet and you stewed about it and let it consume a week of your life? What a colossal waste of time...
__________________
'09 135i, Jet Black, Savanna Beige, Sport Pkg, Premium Pkg, Heated Seats.
mzem is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-28-2012, 09:15 AM   #38
bolinp78
G35 convertee
 
bolinp78's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 335i (AW)
Join Date: May 2008
Location: .

Posts: 1,007
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzem View Post
So, some anonymous person takes a shot at you over the internet and you stewed about it and let it consume a week of your life? What a colossal waste of time...
Old people using the interweb
__________________
bolinp78 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-28-2012, 06:28 PM   #39
mspeasl
Sixties Drag Racer
 
mspeasl's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Cashmere Silver 528i
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Decatur, IL - USA

Posts: 410
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bolinp78 View Post
Old people using the interweb
Absolutely............

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotchAndCigar View Post
And by the way, my 24 year old daughter wants you to stop calling me "young man".
BTW: Young man I have grandchildren older than your daughter. Also, I was being respectful in using that term.

Last edited by mspeasl; 03-31-2012 at 10:08 PM.
mspeasl is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-29-2012, 10:24 AM   #40
bolinp78
G35 convertee
 
bolinp78's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 335i (AW)
Join Date: May 2008
Location: .

Posts: 1,007
iTrader: (1)

__________________
bolinp78 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-29-2012, 11:13 PM   #41
Neurorad
Major
 
Neurorad's Avatar
 
Drives: 330xi 6MT Blk/Blk SP
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Location, Location

Posts: 1,212
iTrader: (0)

I think Limbaugh and his team do a great job at propaganda, and they should be commended. People wouldn't listen to him, and he wouldn't be paid so much, if he wasn't.
Neurorad is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:23 AM.




5post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST