2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
 

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums F10 Pricing, Ordering, and Tracking (and European Delivery) Dealer pricing for 550i and 535i F10
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      04-08-2010, 08:13 PM   #1
kenhamm
Want to live in Germany
 
kenhamm's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 550i, Dark Graphite, ED
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: San Francisco, CA

Posts: 67
iTrader: (0)

Dealer pricing for 550i and 535i F10

I received the attached pricing sheet from a dealer today. Also confirmed (saw with my own eyes) the wholesale pricing for a ED 550i. Base car is $51,080. MACO is removed for ED purchases.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf 2011 550i pricing.pdf (74.1 KB, 3040 views)
kenhamm is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-08-2010, 09:47 PM   #2
xrayyou
Enlisted Member
 
Drives: 2008 E60 M5
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Louisiana

Posts: 41
iTrader: (0)

Thanks for posting.

Now, if we could just get the invoice pricing for the 535 ...
xrayyou is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-09-2010, 10:30 AM   #3
RichReg
Lieutenant Colonel
 
RichReg's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 330i Sport & 2000 323Ci.
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: New Jersey

Posts: 1,933
iTrader: (0)

Thanks a BUNDLE!

We need more posters like kenhamm!!
RichReg is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-09-2010, 10:40 AM   #4
warden
Owning It
 
Drives: 2012 911 Carrera S
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: San Francisco

Posts: 152
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrayyou View Post
Now, if we could just get the invoice pricing for the 535 ...
Ask and ye shall receive. 535i and 550i both included.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf 5 Series (1).pdf (19.8 KB, 3828 views)
warden is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-09-2010, 10:43 AM   #5
AwesomeM3
Major
 
AwesomeM3's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3, E70 X5, 1967 Corvette
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: New Jersey

Posts: 1,450
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 M3  [5.00]
2009 X5 48i M Sport  [5.00]
(SOLD) 2001 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by warden View Post
Ask and ye shall receive. 535i and 550i both included.
You the man! Thanks!
__________________

2008 E92 M3 Coupe 6MT | 2009 E70 X5 xDrive 48i M Sport | 1967 Corvette Coupe
2001 E46 M3 - Sold | 1997 E36 M3 - Sold | BMW CCA member
AwesomeM3 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-09-2010, 12:09 PM   #6
Grover432
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2013 535 XDrive
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Canada

Posts: 464
iTrader: (0)

BMW dealers used to have 9% on the base car. Looks like the invoice margin has dropped. I wonder where (off invoice) they are making up the profit. I notice that the margin of options still averages 9%.
Grover432 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-09-2010, 12:46 PM   #7
SleepTight
Second Lieutenant
 
SleepTight's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 BMW M5
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Long Island, New York

Posts: 286
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by warden View Post
Ask and ye shall receive. 535i and 550i both included.
At last! Can we promote Warden from "Enlisted" to "General"? He's certainly earned it.
SleepTight is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-09-2010, 06:33 PM   #8
RichReg
Lieutenant Colonel
 
RichReg's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 330i Sport & 2000 323Ci.
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: New Jersey

Posts: 1,933
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepTight View Post
At last! Can we promote Warden from "Enlisted" to "General"? He's certainly earned it.


General?????

This man should be dubbed: Captain, Chief, Helmsman, Kingpin, Leader, Master,
...well, you get the idea.

warden, you deserve a beer on the house!
RichReg is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-09-2010, 06:53 PM   #9
RichReg
Lieutenant Colonel
 
RichReg's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 330i Sport & 2000 323Ci.
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: New Jersey

Posts: 1,933
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grover432 View Post
BMW dealers used to have 9% on the base car. Looks like the invoice margin has dropped. I wonder where (off invoice) they are making up the profit.
In this economy, BMWAG is most likely subsidizing the difference.

I'm guessing that with the 535 having a $4000 Retail mark-up in base price, the
European Delivery Invoice is probably around $3800. So from the sheets I have
with European Delivery :

535i Base Price: $46,130
535i Invoice : $42,330 (approximate estimate)

Funny thing is that 10 years ago, this was the EXACT same markup on my 2000 323Ci
for European Delivery. Go figure....
RichReg is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-09-2010, 07:00 PM   #10
Rudegar
Private
 
Drives: 2004 E500W
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bay Area

Posts: 57
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenhamm View Post
I received the attached pricing sheet from a dealer today. Also confirmed (saw with my own eyes) the wholesale pricing for a ED 550i. Base car is $51,080. MACO is removed for ED purchases.

Your order indicates 05DL Side and Top View Cameras. I did not think that was available until Sept production according to the order guide. Can you confirm that you did order this in the U.S as I see you are in SF. What dealer (I am in East Bay)? Thanks
Rudegar is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-09-2010, 07:10 PM   #11
kenhamm
Want to live in Germany
 
kenhamm's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 550i, Dark Graphite, ED
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: San Francisco, CA

Posts: 67
iTrader: (0)

I did not order those items, they are also on the offical wholesale sheets now posted. It was BMW of SF, however, I am not ordering my car from them.

Last edited by kenhamm; 04-09-2010 at 10:12 PM.
kenhamm is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-09-2010, 09:18 PM   #12
xrayyou
Enlisted Member
 
Drives: 2008 E60 M5
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Louisiana

Posts: 41
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by warden View Post
Ask and ye shall receive. 535i and 550i both included.
Thank you, thank you!
xrayyou is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-09-2010, 09:31 PM   #13
xrayyou
Enlisted Member
 
Drives: 2008 E60 M5
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Louisiana

Posts: 41
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichReg View Post
In this economy, BMWAG is most likely subsidizing the difference.

I'm guessing that with the 535 having a $4000 Retail mark-up in base price, the
European Delivery Invoice is probably around $3800. So from the sheets I have
with European Delivery :

535i Base Price: $46,130
535i Invoice : $42,330 (approximate estimate)

Funny thing is that 10 years ago, this was the EXACT same markup on my 2000 323Ci
for European Delivery. Go figure....
I'm not sure about this estimate for the ED invoice price of the 535. The ED invoice price as stated above for the 550 is known to be $51,080, which is 7% off the US invoice price. A 7% discount off the US invoice for the 535 would be $45,630 x .93 = $42,436. I know it's only a 100 buck difference.
xrayyou is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-09-2010, 09:47 PM   #14
pharding
Captain
 
Drives: '11 550i + '14 X3 28i
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Chicago

Posts: 878
iTrader: (0)

You da man.

Now we just need the Confidential Euro Delivery Wholesale Pricing.
__________________
14 550i Euro Del
14 X3
11 550i Euro Del
Retired: 08 550i Euro Del; 06 330i Euro Del; 04 545i Euro Del; 01 530i Euro Del
pharding is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-09-2010, 09:51 PM   #15
xrayyou
Enlisted Member
 
Drives: 2008 E60 M5
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Louisiana

Posts: 41
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pharding View Post
You da man.

Now we just need the Confidential Euro Delivery Wholesale Pricing.
Yes, and I imagine it is available now somewhere. Notice that the document with the invoice prices has a release date of 3/29/2010.
xrayyou is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-09-2010, 10:17 PM   #16
RichReg
Lieutenant Colonel
 
RichReg's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 330i Sport & 2000 323Ci.
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: New Jersey

Posts: 1,933
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrayyou View Post
I'm not sure about this estimate for the ED invoice price of the 535. The ED invoice price as stated above for the 550 is known to be $51,080, which is 7% off the US invoice price. A 7% discount off the US invoice for the 535 would be $45,630 x .93 = $42,436. I know it's only a 100 buck difference.
True...true.
If that is indeed the methodology behind BMWNA's decided calculation, then you are correct. Actually, the more I think about it...I seem to recall that historically, the mark-up not being as high on the lower models...so maybe the higher Invoice number for the 535 is more accurate.

This would be only a $3700 mark-up ...which is lower than the mark-up on a low-end E.D. 3 Series Coupe from 10 years ago!
RichReg is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-09-2010, 11:25 PM   #17
xrayyou
Enlisted Member
 
Drives: 2008 E60 M5
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Louisiana

Posts: 41
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichReg View Post
True...true.
If that is indeed the methodology behind BMWNA's decided calculation, then you are correct. Actually, the more I think about it...I seem to recall that historically, the mark-up not being as high on the lower models...so maybe the higher Invoice number for the 535 is more accurate.

This would be only a $3700 mark-up ...which is lower than the mark-up on a low-end E.D. 3 Series Coupe from 10 years ago!
I guess we can only wait for the official figures to be released. And if it's available for the 550, then it must be available for the 535 as well! Hopefully the wait won't be much longer.
xrayyou is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-10-2010, 08:18 AM   #18
RichReg
Lieutenant Colonel
 
RichReg's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 330i Sport & 2000 323Ci.
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: New Jersey

Posts: 1,933
iTrader: (0)

Don't hold your breath......
some other 'forums' are frowning upon this.


But I would guess that if someone posts a sheet like kenhamm's, it won't be a problem.
RichReg is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-10-2010, 11:40 AM   #19
kenhamm
Want to live in Germany
 
kenhamm's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 550i, Dark Graphite, ED
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: San Francisco, CA

Posts: 67
iTrader: (0)

I have stationed my lab at the front door just in case the police come to get me for my post, thanks for continuing to point out that I posted it...LOL
kenhamm is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-31-2010, 11:53 AM   #20
soledoc
New Member
 
Drives: 2009 328i sedan 6MT montego bl
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Zionsville IN

Posts: 14
iTrader: (0)

But on the Munich delivery for the 535i sedan it says N/A.
__________________
'09 328i sedan 6MT montego blue
'02 525iT topaz blue
soledoc is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-19-2010, 07:04 PM   #21
positiveions
Lieutenant General
 
positiveions's Avatar
 
Drives: 09 MKV JETTA 2.5 & E90 M3 :)
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: La Verne, CA

Posts: 10,358
iTrader: (1)

Send a message via MSN to positiveions Send a message via Yahoo to positiveions
I think i am going to order 550i ; after i get a job as a male nurse (worked hard to earn that status).
positiveions is offline   Lebanon
0
Reply With Quote
      06-22-2010, 01:49 PM   #22
Lezam
Chillerrrr
 
Lezam's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 335xi sedan
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: NYC

Posts: 229
iTrader: (1)

Send a message via AIM to Lezam
Any news on the AWD invoice pricing?
Lezam is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:16 AM.




5post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST