2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
 

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums Regional Forums UK Question for all 520d SE with sport auto owners
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      06-05-2012, 05:30 AM   #1
thomo59
New Member
 
Drives: Mercedes
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Huddersfield

Posts: 19
iTrader: (0)

Question for all 520d SE with sport auto owners

Hi,

I am in the process of choosing my new company car and luckly for me the 520d SE auto is on the list. I can also squeeze the sport auto box into the budget and wanted to clarify if this would also give the sport+ option as well. Asked one of the sales men at the local BMW dealership and he said it didnt but looking on here I think he is mistaked.

Therefore can some one please confirm/clarify for me.

Thanks

Paul.
thomo59 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-05-2012, 05:51 AM   #2
gspannu
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: F10 2014, F10 2012, E92 2009
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Basingstoke (UK)

Posts: 396
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomo59 View Post
Hi,

I am in the process of choosing my new company car and luckly for me the 520d SE auto is on the list. I can also squeeze the sport auto box into the budget and wanted to clarify if this would also give the sport+ option as well. Asked one of the sales men at the local BMW dealership and he said it didnt but looking on here I think he is mistaked.

Therefore can some one please confirm/clarify for me.

Thanks

Paul.
You need to order the VDC (Variable Damper Control, Option Code 223) option to get the 2 additional driving modes. Sport+ and Comfort+.

The Sports Auto (Option Code 2TB) gives you a different GearBox Stick and includes Paddles on the steering wheel (Option Code 255).

The Sport+ and Comfort+ options are part of VDC (for the 520D) or Adaptive Drive Control (only available from 530 onwards).

Hope this helps...
__________________
~~~ 2014 535D Luxury F10, 2012 Saloon F10, 2009 330D Coupe E92, 2003 Saloon E46 ~~~
gspannu is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      06-05-2012, 06:41 AM   #3
clarence
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Drives: F30 328i M-Sport
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Hong Kong

Posts: 1,544
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gspannu View Post
You need to order the VDC (Variable Damper Control, Option Code 223) option to get the 2 additional driving modes. Sport+ and Comfort+.
U don't need VDC/AD to get Sport+, only 2TB will do.
clarence is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-05-2012, 09:31 PM   #4
MalithS
Private
 
Drives: BMW F10 520D SE
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Warwickshire

Posts: 61
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarence View Post
U don't need VDC/AD to get Sport+, only 2TB will do.
Yes Clarence is right you only need 2tb sport auto box. My 2010 f10 520d with sport auto has normal, sport and sport plus. Only difference between sport and sport+ is the traction control goes off with + . I think the newer f10 should have another option Eco as well.
MalithS is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      06-06-2012, 11:17 AM   #5
gspannu
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: F10 2014, F10 2012, E92 2009
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Basingstoke (UK)

Posts: 396
iTrader: (0)

Maybe I'm wrong…

I do believe that Comfort+ is only available with VDC. The F10 2012 with VDC has the following modes: Sport +, Sport, Comfort, Comfort+, EcoPro...
__________________
~~~ 2014 535D Luxury F10, 2012 Saloon F10, 2009 330D Coupe E92, 2003 Saloon E46 ~~~
gspannu is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      06-06-2012, 01:43 PM   #6
clarence
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Drives: F30 328i M-Sport
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Hong Kong

Posts: 1,544
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gspannu View Post

I do believe that Comfort+ is only available with VDC.
That's correct.
clarence is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:32 PM.




5post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST