2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
 

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums Regional Forums CANADA When does BMW usually offer incentives on a car? 5 series
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      04-23-2012, 12:04 PM   #1
TheRox
Colonel
 
TheRox's Avatar
 
Drives: 6mt
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Here and there

Posts: 2,312
iTrader: (2)

When does BMW usually offer incentives on a car? 5 series

Just wondering when (historically) BMW offers incentives (ie. $ off) on their 5 series? either buying off the lot (which is unlikely) or ordering the car in?
TheRox is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-23-2012, 12:18 PM   #2
bobblehead
Brigadier General
 
bobblehead's Avatar
 
Drives: warp speed
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Toronto, On

Posts: 3,446
iTrader: (0)

Incentive (bmw factory delivery credit) probably starts around July/August and rebate probably be $1500 range to start. The increment will be $500 for each month goes by (I am using the MY2011 as illustration)

MY2011, the maxium for such rebate reached $3500 by November 2011.

Let say there is another exact incentive program running this year (MY2012) and if you are thinking of buying around November 2012, thenyou should get the BMW factory delivery credit + another 8- 8.5% off the optioned MSRP. Therefore, in theory, you can get about $9 - $10K off the car, pending what optioned you configured

Btw, please don't let any dealers fool you when they suggest they are giving you such a deal if one suggests the dealer is offering $5000 off. You need to focus on how much is the dealer's discount and how much is the bmw canada's rebate. Then you combine the two to get the grand total.

If you are buying now, you should be getting around 7% - 7.5% off, pending which local market you are at. If you are in GTA, then that's what you should be asking & getting. NOTE: when the MY2012 came out in the Fall 2011, people are getting 6 - 6.5% off, in the GTA market.


I had a thread in the past that I argued with Canbec BMW for the shell game of discounts being given.

Last edited by bobblehead; 04-23-2012 at 12:44 PM.
bobblehead is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      04-24-2012, 11:04 PM   #3
TheRox
Colonel
 
TheRox's Avatar
 
Drives: 6mt
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Here and there

Posts: 2,312
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
Incentive (bmw factory delivery credit) probably starts around July/August and rebate probably be $1500 range to start. The increment will be $500 for each month goes by (I am using the MY2011 as illustration)

MY2011, the maxium for such rebate reached $3500 by November 2011.

Let say there is another exact incentive program running this year (MY2012) and if you are thinking of buying around November 2012, thenyou should get the BMW factory delivery credit + another 8- 8.5% off the optioned MSRP. Therefore, in theory, you can get about $9 - $10K off the car, pending what optioned you configured

Btw, please don't let any dealers fool you when they suggest they are giving you such a deal if one suggests the dealer is offering $5000 off. You need to focus on how much is the dealer's discount and how much is the bmw canada's rebate. Then you combine the two to get the grand total.

If you are buying now, you should be getting around 7% - 7.5% off, pending which local market you are at. If you are in GTA, then that's what you should be asking & getting. NOTE: when the MY2012 came out in the Fall 2011, people are getting 6 - 6.5% off, in the GTA market.


I had a thread in the past that I argued with Canbec BMW for the shell game of discounts being given.
Hmm your post is very helpful!

I have purchased a 3 series before in GTA, however this time, I believe I will have to order the car in. Yea the 7-8% off is def sep from the discount...best to offer them a total value of the cheque I intend to cut.

Can I still order the car (2012 model...doesn't bother me what year it is) and still get the 3000-3500 dollar credit...or is late September too late to custom order a 2012?
TheRox is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-25-2012, 06:46 AM   #4
bobblehead
Brigadier General
 
bobblehead's Avatar
 
Drives: warp speed
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Toronto, On

Posts: 3,446
iTrader: (0)

You can still order the MY2012 as the cut off is probably around late June for late July delivery (last of the MY2012). Typically, August is the month the factory will slow/shut down for their typical month long vaction and re-tooling as well.

Then around early July, BMW Canada will announce any changes on the MY2013 and the ordering guide will begin in July and delivery will be made mid to late September. As for price increase, it will probably in the $500 - $800 more for MY2013.

If you order now, you can put in condition/clause that if BMW Canada put out any June incentive program such as delivery credit, then you are entitled to such allowance on your delivery. If you are aggressive enough, you should be able to get 7.5% off this month, esp. April 30 would be a good time to pounce on the dealer's monthly sales quotas.

If you are looking for that delivery credit of $3-3.5K delivery credit, then you will probably have to wait until October - December. Note: Last year's factory incentives may NOT be identical to this year's, therefore, please use discretion of my mentioned blog.


Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRox View Post
Hmm your post is very helpful!

I have purchased a 3 series before in GTA, however this time, I believe I will have to order the car in. Yea the 7-8% off is def sep from the discount...best to offer them a total value of the cheque I intend to cut.

Can I still order the car (2012 model...doesn't bother me what year it is) and still get the 3000-3500 dollar credit...or is late September too late to custom order a 2012?
bobblehead is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      04-25-2012, 09:20 AM   #5
TheRox
Colonel
 
TheRox's Avatar
 
Drives: 6mt
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Here and there

Posts: 2,312
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
You can still order the MY2012 as the cut off is probably around late June for late July delivery (last of the MY2012). Typically, August is the month the factory will slow/shut down for their typical month long vaction and re-tooling as well.

Then around early July, BMW Canada will announce any changes on the MY2013 and the ordering guide will begin in July and delivery will be made mid to late September. As for price increase, it will probably in the $500 - $800 more for MY2013.

If you order now, you can put in condition/clause that if BMW Canada put out any June incentive program such as delivery credit, then you are entitled to such allowance on your delivery. If you are aggressive enough, you should be able to get 7.5% off this month, esp. April 30 would be a good time to pounce on the dealer's monthly sales quotas.

If you are looking for that delivery credit of $3-3.5K delivery credit, then you will probably have to wait until October - December. Note: Last year's factory incentives may NOT be identical to this year's, therefore, please use discretion of my mentioned blog.
Hmm...so does that mean the only car I can purcahse in Oct-Dec will be off the lot? Thats the only way to avail that delivery credit?
TheRox is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-25-2012, 09:43 AM   #6
bobblehead
Brigadier General
 
bobblehead's Avatar
 
Drives: warp speed
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Toronto, On

Posts: 3,446
iTrader: (0)

Yep !

But don't worry. There are plentiful of them around (in October). If your dealer is nice, he/she will do a nationwide search for the closest match to your spec., of course, the dealer will then ask you to pay for the shipping charges from other provinces, per se. Usually, $1000 - $1500 more.

Not sure who you are going to deal with in the GTA, but I would avoid Autohaus, Budds & TC. They are bunch of #&$^% arrogant dealers.
bobblehead is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      04-25-2012, 11:23 AM   #7
TheRox
Colonel
 
TheRox's Avatar
 
Drives: 6mt
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Here and there

Posts: 2,312
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
Yep !

But don't worry. There are plentiful of them around (in October). If your dealer is nice, he/she will do a nationwide search for the closest match to your spec., of course, the dealer will then ask you to pay for the shipping charges from other provinces, per se. Usually, $1000 - $1500 more.

Not sure who you are going to deal with in the GTA, but I would avoid Autohaus, Budds & TC. They are bunch of #&$^% arrogant dealers.
Hmm yea sounds good...hopefully I'll find a car to my spec. If not, I'll have to order it in.

We'll see what happens! Appreciate the info man. Patience wins out here, always.


GTA - is whoever has the car on lot; I find in October the customer has the upper hand as they try to unload their inventory. The bargaining is almost fun. I can go to Montreal and Ottawa too.

Last edited by TheRox; 04-25-2012 at 11:32 AM.
TheRox is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-25-2012, 06:24 PM   #8
bobblehead
Brigadier General
 
bobblehead's Avatar
 
Drives: warp speed
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Toronto, On

Posts: 3,446
iTrader: (0)

Bad idea going to Montreal or Ottawa. They are the worst place. Other bloggers in this forum (from Ottawa) cited that due to lack of BMW dealerships, they do not tend to bargain much, even when they are trying to unload the remaining inventory. Montreal dealers are in the same position as Ottawa. Esp. Montreal, they like to play the shell game.

Trust me, the best place to get your deal done is in Ontario.

If you got the time, read thru some of my past blogs for entertainment & information purposes.



Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRox View Post
Hmm yea sounds good...hopefully I'll find a car to my spec. If not, I'll have to order it in.

We'll see what happens! Appreciate the info man. Patience wins out here, always.


GTA - is whoever has the car on lot; I find in October the customer has the upper hand as they try to unload their inventory. The bargaining is almost fun. I can go to Montreal and Ottawa too.
bobblehead is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      04-25-2012, 07:58 PM   #9
TheRox
Colonel
 
TheRox's Avatar
 
Drives: 6mt
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Here and there

Posts: 2,312
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobblehead
Bad idea going to Montreal or Ottawa. They are the worst place. Other bloggers in this forum (from Ottawa) cited that due to lack of BMW dealerships, they do not tend to bargain much, even when they are trying to unload the remaining inventory. Montreal dealers are in the same position as Ottawa. Esp. Montreal, they like to play the shell game.

Trust me, the best place to get your deal done is in Ontario.

If you got the time, read thru some of my past blogs for entertainment & information purposes.



Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRox View Post
Hmm yea sounds good...hopefully I'll find a car to my spec. If not, I'll have to order it in.

We'll see what happens! Appreciate the info man. Patience wins out here, always.


GTA - is whoever has the car on lot; I find in October the customer has the upper hand as they try to unload their inventory. The bargaining is almost fun. I can go to Montreal and Ottawa too.
Where is your blog? I'll have a look.

I have no problem going to toronto, I did that last time.
TheRox is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-25-2012, 08:26 PM   #10
bobblehead
Brigadier General
 
bobblehead's Avatar
 
Drives: warp speed
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Toronto, On

Posts: 3,446
iTrader: (0)

dealer # vs my logic

http://f10.5post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=615948
bobblehead is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      04-30-2012, 12:40 PM   #11
Farhan
Private First Class
 
Farhan's Avatar
 
Drives: F10 XI M Sport + E93 335i
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Brampton, On

Posts: 138
iTrader: (0)

Totally agree with bobblehead.

I did exactly the same thing.

As for the whole of Manitoba, there's only one BMW dealership so I went to Toronto & got a nice deal from BMW Mississauga.
Farhan is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      05-11-2012, 01:59 PM   #12
bulldog x6
Major General
 
Drives: x6 panzer
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: probably work

Posts: 5,017
iTrader: (28)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
Not sure who you are going to deal with in the GTA, but I would avoid Autohaus, Budds & TC. They are bunch of #&$^% arrogant dealers.
Agreed, I haven't dealt with T&C though
bulldog x6 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-15-2012, 08:54 PM   #13
richard313
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: F10 535xi M-sport
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: 604

Posts: 323
iTrader: (0)

When I was shopping for a car last December, I was debating between the F10 and E9X M3. The dealer I went to in Vancouver was able to give me the same amount of discount on the M3 so I walked off with the F10.

Is this normal? I would think they will be more willing to unload the gas guzzling M3 they had in their lot.
richard313 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-16-2012, 07:27 AM   #14
bobblehead
Brigadier General
 
bobblehead's Avatar
 
Drives: warp speed
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Toronto, On

Posts: 3,446
iTrader: (0)

All depends on dealer's inventory of their M3 & F10. Excess inventory means they need to get rid of them ... as long as they make a buck on the sale, why not ! They are paying interest & overhead costs on cars sitting on their lot & showroom.

In Vancouver, back in Dec 2011, you should have gotten about 6.5-7% off the configured MSRP on the F10 (as based on feedback from blogger in this forum).


Quote:
Originally Posted by richard313 View Post
When I was shopping for a car last December, I was debating between the F10 and E9X M3. The dealer I went to in Vancouver was able to give me the same amount of discount on the M3 so I walked off with the F10.

Is this normal? I would think they will be more willing to unload the gas guzzling M3 they had in their lot.
bobblehead is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      05-16-2012, 04:50 PM   #15
TheRox
Colonel
 
TheRox's Avatar
 
Drives: 6mt
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Here and there

Posts: 2,312
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
All depends on dealer's inventory of their M3 & F10. Excess inventory means they need to get rid of them ... as long as they make a buck on the sale, why not ! They are paying interest & overhead costs on cars sitting on their lot & showroom.

In Vancouver, back in Dec 2011, you should have gotten about 6.5-7% off the configured MSRP on the F10 (as based on feedback from blogger in this forum).
Yup, gotta find that sweet spot where there are enough colour/interior combinations of F10 on the lot and there is some discount to be had 2,500-3000 K is always nice.

I assume October is the month to pounce then? And one can always negotitate a good 7.5-8% off in Toronto or even Ottawa at that time.

And to figure out which dealer has the car you want...go to any BMW dealer, give them your specs, if they say there is a car, ask them if its in province. Ask them where it is, if they don't tell you, call you every dealer in province asking them for a car on the lot with those specs. Then go and buy it!
TheRox is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-16-2012, 04:52 PM   #16
bobblehead
Brigadier General
 
bobblehead's Avatar
 
Drives: warp speed
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Toronto, On

Posts: 3,446
iTrader: (0)

The 2012 M3 is already offering $3500 factory credit allowance + $1000 bmw loyalty starting this month (May 2012) + whatever you can get off from the dealer's side of margin. Therefore, in theory, you can basically get off $7500 without much fighting with the dealer.


Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRox View Post
Yup, gotta find that sweet spot where there are enough colour/interior combinations of F10 on the lot and there is some discount to be had 2,500-3000 K is always nice.

I assume October is the month to pounce then? And one can always negotitate a good 7.5-8% off in Toronto or even Ottawa at that time.

And to figure out which dealer has the car you want...go to any BMW dealer, give them your specs, if they say there is a car, ask them if its in province. Ask them where it is, if they don't tell you, call you every dealer in province asking them for a car on the lot with those specs. Then go and buy it!
bobblehead is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      05-18-2012, 07:18 AM   #17
TheRox
Colonel
 
TheRox's Avatar
 
Drives: 6mt
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Here and there

Posts: 2,312
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
The 2012 M3 is already offering $3500 factory credit allowance + $1000 bmw loyalty starting this month (May 2012) + whatever you can get off from the dealer's side of margin. Therefore, in theory, you can basically get off $7500 without much fighting with the dealer.
Its gonna be the f10 535 for me. Any thoughts on a good time to pounce? I have a car until November. So whenever. I simply want to find an imperial blue on beige/or brown with comfort seats and exec pack. I'd pay for the msport if it meant getting comfort seats.
TheRox is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-02-2012, 07:39 PM   #18
bobblehead
Brigadier General
 
bobblehead's Avatar
 
Drives: warp speed
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Toronto, On

Posts: 3,446
iTrader: (0)

June incentive is here ...

$1000 delivery credit allowance + whatever you can negotiate off the MSRP.

Thanks to bubbahead who went to Parkview today for the info.
bobblehead is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      06-09-2012, 07:47 AM   #19
TheRox
Colonel
 
TheRox's Avatar
 
Drives: 6mt
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Here and there

Posts: 2,312
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
June incentive is here ...

$1000 delivery credit allowance + whatever you can negotiate off the MSRP.

Thanks to bubbahead who went to Parkview today for the info.
Thumbsup:

Lets see what they have in Sept/Oct. Do you feel they'll have enough colour combos left then?

Does the credit apply at the time of signing the papers or the day of delivery?
TheRox is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-09-2012, 11:08 AM   #20
bobblehead
Brigadier General
 
bobblehead's Avatar
 
Drives: warp speed
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Toronto, On

Posts: 3,446
iTrader: (0)

^ Just using last year's situation.

Oct still have a fair level of inventory ... more on the 535 ... fewer on the 550. If your dealer is nice enough, he will look at the national network of dealers to see who has what to closely match your needs. As typical, some dealers will not do that because for every internal trade between dealers, it will usually cost the 'asking' dealers a few hundred $ to get the car from another dealer ... it's not a straight trade as some may think. There are situation which BMW Canada can even force the other dealers to give up the car.

When you are ready to sign the deal, you can always insert the condition/clause that you are to receive the most current delivery credit allowance on the day of delivery as offered by BMW Canada, therefore, you are covered in the sales contract.
bobblehead is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      06-09-2012, 03:52 PM   #21
TheRox
Colonel
 
TheRox's Avatar
 
Drives: 6mt
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Here and there

Posts: 2,312
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
^ Just using last year's situation.

Oct still have a fair level of inventory ... more on the 535 ... fewer on the 550. If your dealer is nice enough, he will look at the national network of dealers to see who has what to closely match your needs. As typical, some dealers will not do that because for every internal trade between dealers, it will usually cost the 'asking' dealers a few hundred $ to get the car from another dealer ... it's not a straight trade as some may think. There are situation which BMW Canada can even force the other dealers to give up the car.

When you are ready to sign the deal, you can always insert the condition/clause that you are to receive the most current delivery credit allowance on the day of delivery as offered by BMW Canada, therefore, you are covered in the sales contract.
Sounds good then, I'll look forward to settling on a vehicle in early October/Late September.
TheRox is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-18-2012, 12:35 AM   #22
Frontosa
Private
 
Drives: Civic
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Ontario

Posts: 57
iTrader: (0)

Anyone knows the incentive for July
Frontosa is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:54 AM.




5post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST