2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
 

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums Regional Forums ASIA Number plates in HK
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      11-05-2012, 08:51 PM   #1
F10E70E90
Enlisted Member
 
Drives: F10 MSport ; E70
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Hong Kong

Posts: 42
iTrader: (0)

Number plates in HK

Hi all,

Sorry, just need some help again...

Just got a personal number plate last weekend and was just wondering if anyone know where about or which shops do number plates? and what effect or design you guys prefer for number plates?

I've just moved back to HK and this is the first time for myself organising these sort of things.

Sorry about this...Thanks in advance.
F10E70E90 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-06-2012, 09:24 PM   #2
AC_S5
First Lieutenant
 
AC_S5's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 F10 523i
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Hong Kong

Posts: 343
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by F10E70E90 View Post
Hi all,

Sorry, just need some help again...

Just got a personal number plate last weekend and was just wondering if anyone know where about or which shops do number plates? and what effect or design you guys prefer for number plates?

I've just moved back to HK and this is the first time for myself organising these sort of things.

Sorry about this...Thanks in advance.
There's alot of tyre shops and car accessories shop that make those license plate. But you may get cited for those plates with 3D letter on it.

The best bet is to go back to BMWHK and get the plates. It's only 300 something for the front and rear.
__________________
2011 F10 - Sophisto Grey / Cinnamon Brown
You can find me in E60.net too!
Gone (but not forgotten)
2005 E60 523i, 1999 E39 523i, 1998 E46 323i
AC_S5 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-07-2012, 03:33 AM   #3
Icy J
:D
 
Icy J's Avatar
 
Drives: 220i MSport AW/CR
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Hong Kong

Posts: 612
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_S5 View Post
There's alot of tyre shops and car accessories shop that make those license plate. But you may get cited for those plates with 3D letter on it.

The best bet is to go back to BMWHK and get the plates. It's only 300 something for the front and rear.
are the smaller plates (like the ones you see on Ferraris and stuff) allowed?
__________________

AUTOMOTIVE PHOTOGRAPHY
flickr | Facebook
Icy J is offline   Hong Kong
0
Reply With Quote
      11-07-2012, 09:15 PM   #4
AC_S5
First Lieutenant
 
AC_S5's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 F10 523i
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Hong Kong

Posts: 343
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy J View Post
are the smaller plates (like the ones you see on Ferraris and stuff) allowed?
There is a specific specification for those number plates, the dealer should know and that's why it is the safest to get it at the dealer. It is either one row of number and letter like the ones on BMW or square ones with two rows of number and letter like the ones you see on Toyota. Also the words have to be of a specific fonts and size. So 3D word or narrow word or Italic fonts is not allowed.

The police can cited you and ask you to take the car to be examine if they want to trouble you. But most of the time they will not cited cars like Ferraris, Lambo, BMW, Merc etc. unless you have very crazy mods.
__________________
2011 F10 - Sophisto Grey / Cinnamon Brown
You can find me in E60.net too!
Gone (but not forgotten)
2005 E60 523i, 1999 E39 523i, 1998 E46 323i
AC_S5 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-07-2012, 09:25 PM   #5
AC_S5
First Lieutenant
 
AC_S5's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 F10 523i
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Hong Kong

Posts: 343
iTrader: (0)

One more thing, changing plates require you to hand in your old registration and you cannot drive in the mean time.

They will need your ownership document as well and if your document is with BMW finance if you buy your car via HP then it will get troublesome for you to do everything yourself.

Leave the car in BMW in the morning, pick up car at end of day with a new license. Save you time and hassel of lining up at the TD yourself.
__________________
2011 F10 - Sophisto Grey / Cinnamon Brown
You can find me in E60.net too!
Gone (but not forgotten)
2005 E60 523i, 1999 E39 523i, 1998 E46 323i
AC_S5 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-08-2012, 09:05 AM   #6
nikobellic
Registered
 
Drives: 535 GT
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: HK

Posts: 4
iTrader: (0)

Fyr, I recently made a new license plate (BMW fonts, diamond shaped text) for my F07 at mainfocus. The quality is good.

http://www.mainfocus.com.hk/license/
nikobellic is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-08-2012, 10:19 AM   #7
F10E70E90
Enlisted Member
 
Drives: F10 MSport ; E70
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Hong Kong

Posts: 42
iTrader: (0)

Hi all,

Thanks so much for the info, really thanks...

nikobellic - thanks for the link, I've just ordered mine this afternoon, and yours alot cheaper than where i've ordered and your one seems to be very nice as well....Thank you anyway...
F10E70E90 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-08-2012, 09:22 PM   #8
AC_S5
First Lieutenant
 
AC_S5's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 F10 523i
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Hong Kong

Posts: 343
iTrader: (0)

Well off the topic, I never buy plates outside the dealer. Make my car look like a used second hand car or those grey imports.

650 for a pair seem expensive to do it outside, but to each their own.

Edit: 650 is for those 3D letter type didn't realize that. But the market price for those should be 600 if you do it at those shops in Kowloon City. I guess that's the price you paid for sitting in the comfort of your own home.
__________________
2011 F10 - Sophisto Grey / Cinnamon Brown
You can find me in E60.net too!
Gone (but not forgotten)
2005 E60 523i, 1999 E39 523i, 1998 E46 323i

Last edited by AC_S5; 11-08-2012 at 09:28 PM.
AC_S5 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-08-2012, 11:17 PM   #9
F10E70E90
Enlisted Member
 
Drives: F10 MSport ; E70
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Hong Kong

Posts: 42
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_S5 View Post
Well off the topic, I never buy plates outside the dealer. Make my car look like a used second hand car or those grey imports.

650 for a pair seem expensive to do it outside, but to each their own.

Edit: 650 is for those 3D letter type didn't realize that. But the market price for those should be 600 if you do it at those shops in Kowloon City. I guess that's the price you paid for sitting in the comfort of your own home.
Of cause 650 is expensive and that is for those 3D styles...

I didn't get the 3D letter or diamond type, i just got the standard ones with round style and it cost slightly a little more than the link above ( the link above cost $200 for standard ones).
F10E70E90 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:17 AM.




5post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST