|06-06-2015, 04:56 PM||#1|
Drives: F10 Sold
Join Date: Dec 2011
Gladen Extreme Kit with Mosconi 120.4 DSP amp installation on F10
Sharing notes on this installation.
F10 530d and owner realized that sound system was weakest link.
Contacted Mak Retrofit to discuss it.
Poor Sound System
Bit more bass
Decent Sound Quality
Trusted Sound installer (Owner wanted to avoid cowboys out there in sound industry).
Get Gladen Extreme kit with Mosconi 120.4 DSP.
And bmw connectors to keep everything OEM plug and play.
-Extreme kit has 3 ohm speakers and 2 ohm subs so you get more punch and sound compared to Standard Gladen kit
-Mosconi Amps are well know and won many awards in last few years.
Mind you that I have Audison bit one and Hertz HDP5 with Gladen extreme at front and logic 7 mids at the rear. My sound system cost me 1.5-2K and I am still not happy (Audison bit one is not what I expected!).
- Gladen kit was easier to install compared to other sound system.
- Speakers and underseats are more or less plug and play.
- Amplifier quality is top notch. Quality of amp was 5 times better than Hertz amps.
- Mosconi Amp has built in DSP so time alignment, cross overs and equalizer is all digital.
- Amp was installed where OEM amp sits.
- OEM battery connector was used which goes to distribution block sitting on the battery.
Quality of physical components: 9/10
Sound Quality: 10/10 (shockingly, it is better than my sound system. Difference is Bit one and Hertz amp. If I were to start again, I would simply get mosconi amp).
Ease of installation: 9/10
Feel free to ask any questions.
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|