2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
 

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums F10 / F11 5-Series Photos - Video - Media My Son and our GT Became Internet Famous!
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      03-03-2013, 01:42 AM   #23
Die Wolfe
First Lieutenant
 
Die Wolfe's Avatar
 
Drives: '12 535i Msport/'13 X5///M
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Northern California

Posts: 381
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManiacGT
Irresponsible IMHO. While this came off without a hitch, how would you have felt if your son had smashed the car head on into one of those posts? It takes only one mistake.
I was thinking the same thing when I saw those light posts...could have been an ultimate fail video.
Die Wolfe is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-03-2013, 12:54 PM   #24
mikey0120
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: F10 535Xi M-Sport
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Rockland County, NY

Posts: 342
iTrader: (9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManiacGT View Post
Irresponsible IMHO. While this came off without a hitch, how would you have felt if your son had smashed the car head on into one of those posts? It takes only one mistake.
Ditto
__________________
Current: 2013 F10 535Xi M-Sport
Retired: 2010 E90 335i M-Sport
Retired: 2007 E90 335i
Retired: 2001 E46 330i
mikey0120 is offline   Philippines
0
Reply With Quote
      03-03-2013, 02:02 PM   #25
black650xi
Banned
 
Drives: sapphire black 650xi
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: BK, NY

Posts: 38
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey0120 View Post
Ditto
He seemed smart enough not to do any "fail" moves, I think its pretty cool that he has so much control.....age is just a number fellas, there are plenty of "moronic" mature drivers on the streets...some old ..some young and some women...so lets just be mature here...the kid is cool and you gotta admit it ....I bet some of you guys couldnt even do a similar donut even if you tried so leave him alone
black650xi is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-03-2013, 03:20 PM   #26
Sjoerd
Private
 
Sjoerd's Avatar
 
Drives: MY14 F10 535d, MY13 Boxster S
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Holland

Posts: 96
iTrader: (0)

Order a Drexler LSD then you really can make donuts and drifts!
__________________
Current: MY2014 F10 535d (daily), MY2013 Porsche 981 Boxster S manual (fun)
Retired: MY 2011 F11 530d (temp), MY2010 F10 535i, MY1987 BMW E30 325i (fun), MY1974 BMW E3 2500 (fun) (and more..)
Sjoerd is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-03-2013, 04:55 PM   #27
DINAN_GT
Banned
 
Drives: BMW 550i GT
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: NY/NJ

Posts: 1,024
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by black650xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey0120 View Post
Ditto
He seemed smart enough not to do any "fail" moves, I think its pretty cool that he has so much control.....age is just a number fellas, there are plenty of "moronic" mature drivers on the streets...some old ..some young and some women...so lets just be mature here...the kid is cool and you gotta admit it ....I bet some of you guys couldnt even do a similar donut even if you tried so leave him alone
Lol thank you.
DINAN_GT is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-03-2013, 04:59 PM   #28
DINAN_GT
Banned
 
Drives: BMW 550i GT
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: NY/NJ

Posts: 1,024
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sjoerd
Order a Drexler LSD then you really can make donuts and drifts!
I would but right after getting DINAN and a professional Muffler Delete I don't think my wife would be up for another $2K upgrade.
DINAN_GT is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-07-2013, 11:50 PM   #29
DrEcks5
Banned
 
Drives: '12 X5
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Texas

Posts: 25
iTrader: (0)

Reported to the Borough of East Rutherford police department due to child endangerment and trespassing at the stadium.

Good luck OP! Welcome to the Internet!

Last edited by DrEcks5; 03-08-2013 at 12:19 AM.
DrEcks5 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-08-2013, 03:44 PM   #30
black650xi
Banned
 
Drives: sapphire black 650xi
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: BK, NY

Posts: 38
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrEcks5 View Post
Reported to the Borough of East Rutherford police department due to child endangerment and trespassing at the stadium.

Good luck OP! Welcome to the Internet!
Wow! talk about being in other people's business
black650xi is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-08-2013, 04:38 PM   #31
EmPower
Captain
 
EmPower's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 X5 xdrive 35i
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: USA

Posts: 885
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrEcks5 View Post
Reported to the Borough of East Rutherford police department due to child endangerment and trespassing at the stadium.

Good luck OP! Welcome to the Internet!
THIS was what I was afraid of... the same thing happened to that girl driving an A6 in Russia a couple of weeks ago.

I do however agree that age is but a # and people mature differently. Case in point that idiot wrecking the 458 spider video in France.

That being said, I don't think the law would take this lightly by any means, and the OP will not win this one in court.

Just one piece of advice to the OP; I get that you are a proud parent, but to flaunt a video posted of this act on the net is irresponsible IMHO. I hope the law does not track you down because there is no way you could ever be able to explain your way out of this one.

And just FYI --- I am Indian too and I would NEVER let my kids near a car until they were 16 no matter how good a driver they might be
__________________
e92 Schwartz/Koralle Rot/Pappel Grau/ZSP/Sitzheizung

Real Men drive BMW
EmPower is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-08-2013, 05:03 PM   #32
Die Wolfe
First Lieutenant
 
Die Wolfe's Avatar
 
Drives: '12 535i Msport/'13 X5///M
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Northern California

Posts: 381
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrEcks5
Reported to the Borough of East Rutherford police department due to child endangerment and trespassing at the stadium.

Good luck OP! Welcome to the Internet!
Hahahahaha!!!!

And to the local authorities: "Get'em boys! Give it to'em good!" LOL
Die Wolfe is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-08-2013, 08:09 PM   #33
DINAN_GT
Banned
 
Drives: BMW 550i GT
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: NY/NJ

Posts: 1,024
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmPower View Post
THIS was what I was afraid of... the same thing happened to that girl driving an A6 in Russia a couple of weeks ago.

I do however agree that age is but a # and people mature differently. Case in point that idiot wrecking the 458 spider video in France.

That being said, I don't think the law would take this lightly by any means, and the OP will not win this one in court.

Just one piece of advice to the OP; I get that you are a proud parent, but to flaunt a video posted of this act on the net is irresponsible IMHO. I hope the law does not track you down because there is no way you could ever be able to explain your way out of this one.

And just FYI --- I am Indian too and I would NEVER let my kids near a car until they were 16 no matter how good a driver they might be
Quote:
Originally Posted by Die Wolfe View Post
Hahahahaha!!!!

And to the local authorities: "Get'em boys! Give it to'em good!" LOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrEcks5 View Post
Reported to the Borough of East Rutherford police department due to child endangerment and trespassing at the stadium.

Good luck OP! Welcome to the Internet!
I'm getting kinda annoyed with these comments now. Too much hate, and I'm not really enjoying it. Thank you to the people who enjoyed the video. I created in thread thinking that you guys would find it cool and interesting, but instead got a little hate.

I get how some of you can be upset that a 14 year-old is driving... But then again... If he learns now, he is less likely to have accidents since he will have more control. And if you didn't know, some states allow driving at 14, and if he can handle a car just as good as one of you, why can't he a have a little fun here and there? It's not like he is going and cruising at 110 on the highway, just a short 1 min of donuts and acceleration.
DINAN_GT is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-09-2013, 01:17 PM   #34
RajG
Private First Class
 
Drives: '14 M5 CP
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Northern NJ

Posts: 108
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNKN0WN View Post
I'm getting kinda annoyed with these comments now. Too much hate, and I'm not really enjoying it. Thank you to the people who enjoyed the video. I created in thread thinking that you guys would find it cool and interesting, but instead got a little hate.

I get how some of you can be upset that a 14 year-old is driving... But then again... If he learns now, he is less likely to have accidents since he will have more control. And if you didn't know, some states allow driving at 14, and if he can handle a car just as good as one of you, why can't he a have a little fun here and there? It's not like he is going and cruising at 110 on the highway, just a short 1 min of donuts and acceleration.
It was a neat video and I appreciate you sharing it. I wouldn't pay much attention to the haters. You are always going to get differing opinions on anything you post on the net. It's what you open yourself up to when you share something publicly.
__________________

'14 M5 CP: Black Saphire | 35% Tint | Exhaust Meister | CF Delete | Passport 9500ix
'13 X5 50i M Sport: Cabon Black | M Perf. | Black kidneys | 35% Tint
Retired: '12 550xi Dinan, '11 335xis, '11 X5 50i, '08 535i, '08 335xic, '05 Audi S4, '02 Audi TT
RajG is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-09-2013, 01:27 PM   #35
Russkey
Lieutenant
 
Russkey's Avatar
 
Drives: '12 BMW AW 550xi
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Colorado

Posts: 475
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2012 550xi  [5.00]
I liked the video and don't see the need to report it. You'll always get negative comments cause your son is 14 years old.
__________________
'12 AW 550xi / Dinan S2 / Eisenmann Race / MORR VS8.2 / ACS Springs / CF Goodies
Russkey is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-09-2013, 11:30 PM   #36
DINAN_GT
Banned
 
Drives: BMW 550i GT
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: NY/NJ

Posts: 1,024
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russkey View Post
I liked the video and don't see the need to report it. You'll always get negative comments cause your son is 14 years old.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RajG View Post
It was a neat video and I appreciate you sharing it. I wouldn't pay much attention to the haters. You are always going to get differing opinions on anything you post on the net. It's what you open yourself up to when you share something publicly.
Thanks guys. And Raj, are you coming to the event on March 22? Check it out on Bimmerfest and here under CT/NJ/NY Meet
DINAN_GT is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-10-2013, 07:07 AM   #37
bobblehead
Brigadier General
 
bobblehead's Avatar
 
Drives: warp speed
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Toronto, On

Posts: 3,715
iTrader: (0)

I like to see your son doing wheelies on a motor bike. Thx.
bobblehead is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      03-10-2013, 01:23 PM   #38
JNoSol
Captain
 
JNoSol's Avatar
 
Drives: F06 and E70-Sport
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Kansas City

Posts: 929
iTrader: (0)

It's really cool that you trust your son with your car. I can tell this isn't the first time you let him go at it, he seems like he knows what he's doing (I guess). Just be careful, lots of bored conservative people on the web who might make a big deal of this.

Get his M3, an instructor, and do this right at the track. He might have a calling here...
JNoSol is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-10-2013, 02:13 PM   #39
DINAN_GT
Banned
 
Drives: BMW 550i GT
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: NY/NJ

Posts: 1,024
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by JNoSol View Post
It's really cool that you trust your son with your car. I can tell this isn't the first time you let him go at it, he seems like he knows what he's doing (I guess). Just be careful, lots of bored conservative people on the web who might make a big deal of this.

Get his M3, an instructor, and do this right at the track. He might have a calling here...
Thanks. Also, is it possible for minors to learn driving on a track at 14-15?
DINAN_GT is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-10-2013, 07:33 PM   #40
mlai
Colonel
 
mlai's Avatar
 
Drives: 650GC/E93M3/Lexus LS600HL
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Hong Kong

Posts: 2,343
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by DINAN_GT View Post
Thanks. Also, is it possible for minors to learn driving on a track at 14-15?
Well.... I am sure you will find a way. After all, you have no trouble violating laws according to the videos.

I don't think anyone is questioning your son's skills or potential. But for some, to see a parent gloating his 14-yrs old kid showing off his skills at a public car park is quite offensive. Get him some real training at a safe and controlled PRIVATE environment where safety measures and proper instructors are present, we will cheer with you on his skills and probably future accomplishments.

But for a parent to teach a minor that performing stunts in a public environment is ok, without regard to safety to the minor or other public in case of accident is a little hard to swallow....... And I hope that the minor doesn't think it is ok to break the law if nobody is around.......
__________________
F06 650i Gran Coupe Ruby Black/Dakota Cinamon- 2012-10-12 Adaptive Drive/IAS/Surround View/Adaptive LED/Comfort Seats/BMW 356 Liquid Black/Michelin PSS 245/35R20-285/30R20
E93 M3 Cabriolet Satin Pearl White/CR - 2012/03/12 Bilstein PSS10/ Michelin PSS 245/35R19-265/35R19 Brembo GT
2011 F10 550i M Sport - Retired

Last edited by mlai; 03-10-2013 at 07:41 PM.
mlai is offline   Hong Kong
0
Reply With Quote
      03-10-2013, 08:30 PM   #41
JNoSol
Captain
 
JNoSol's Avatar
 
Drives: F06 and E70-Sport
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Kansas City

Posts: 929
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DINAN_GT View Post
Thanks. Also, is it possible for minors to learn driving on a track at 14-15?
Most kids under 16 can do Kart racing, that's where they learn. The few better F1 and Nascar racers out there started with kart racing at very young age.

You son can't enter a track w/o a valid driver's license, unless he's driving with an instructor. Once he's 16, you can help him get his SCCA license. There are competitions all over the nation. Instead of an E46 M3 track car, look into an older model BMW or ideally Mazda MX5 (Miata) that you don't mind having minor scrapes and dents racing. Most SCCA cone-parking lot courses are dominated by those little MX5s.

Some mods to consider for track:
1. Fully adjustable suspension.
2. Slick tires.
3. Drilled brakes with after market pads + racing brake fluid

Don't add more power, he needs to learn to control a stock powered car first. He can then graduate to the M3 track/street car. There are many M3 track meets, just look up BMW Clubs around you. You should keep the M3 stock to compete in stock class. Once you make a single engine mod, you're in a whole new category. Good luck!

http://www.scca.com/clubracing/content.cfm?cid=44471
JNoSol is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
bmw, donut, f07, famous, son

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:51 AM.




5post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST