2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
 

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums General 5-Series Sedan and Wagon (F10 / F11) Forum New guy 535 xi Msport
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      11-25-2013, 04:53 PM   #1
tree
Enlisted Member
 
tree's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 535 xi MSport
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: colorado

Posts: 33
iTrader: (0)

New guy 535 xi Msport

Hi all, I just bought a gently used 2013 535 xi M sport loaded with premium, cold weather, luxury seating, and technology pkgs. also has DHP, soft close doors, driver assist, HUD, rear sunshades, HK stereo. What a great ride! I don't feel the need to post pics- we all know what they look like.

My last car was a MB E350. A great car, but nowhere near as fun to drive as this one. I've had several BMW's before the MB. Happy to be back in a BMW.

Cheers and a happy safe holiday season to all
tree is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-25-2013, 08:19 PM   #2
bake
Captain
 
bake's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 535i M-Sport
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Long Island, New York

Posts: 699
iTrader: (2)

Nice pickup. Welcome back!
__________________
Bake
2011 AW on Black 535i M-Sport
Style 303's | ACS Springs | M Perf Diffuser | 3.5" Quad Tips
Gloss Black Roof | 3D Roof Spoiler | Black Grille | M5 Lip Spoiler | BMS Intake
bake is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-25-2013, 08:45 PM   #3
sanyomats
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: 535, 328
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Miami

Posts: 326
iTrader: (0)

Welcome
Back!!
sanyomats is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-25-2013, 10:22 PM   #4
Grover432
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2013 535 XDrive
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Canada

Posts: 495
iTrader: (0)

I just got a new 2013 M Sport (xi) and the weight of the steering while making small corrections driving in a straight line is killing my forearms. How about you??
__________________
2013 535 X Drive, Alpine White/M Sport/Executive/Apps/Black Dakota/Fineline Anthracite
Grover432 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-26-2013, 07:27 AM   #5
khai Dow
Private
 
Drives: 2013 Activehybrid 5
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Thailand

Posts: 79
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grover432 View Post
I just got a new 2013 M Sport (xi) and the weight of the steering while making small corrections driving in a straight line is killing my forearms. How about you??

No such issues for me. I find that the centre console and the arm rest on the door are perfectly positioned to rest my arms. So comfortable I could almost fall asleep...
khai Dow is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-26-2013, 07:50 AM   #6
Grover432
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2013 535 XDrive
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Canada

Posts: 495
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by khai Dow View Post
No such issues for me. I find that the centre console and the arm rest on the door are perfectly positioned to rest my arms. So comfortable I could almost fall asleep...
Maybe something is wrong with my car. The steering wheel doesn't return to centre after a turn (the 2014 I drove with 300 miles on it did the same) and I find the steering doesn't have enough boost, such that driving is not that comfortable going down a straight road.
__________________
2013 535 X Drive, Alpine White/M Sport/Executive/Apps/Black Dakota/Fineline Anthracite
Grover432 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-26-2013, 08:27 AM   #7
khai Dow
Private
 
Drives: 2013 Activehybrid 5
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Thailand

Posts: 79
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grover432 View Post
Maybe something is wrong with my car. The steering wheel doesn't return to centre after a turn (the 2014 I drove with 300 miles on it did the same) and I find the steering doesn't have enough boost, such that driving is not that comfortable going down a straight road.
Hmm, I think there might be something up. I find the steering on the light side of what I prefer, but perfectly acceptable. It also does return to the centre after a turn - i.e. I don't find any need to bring it back myself. When I jump into my other car, it feels incredibly heavy in comparison (Toyota Van).

I'm driving an ActiveHybrid 5 - probably similar in weight to a 535x...
khai Dow is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-26-2013, 11:20 AM   #8
BMWJester5oS
You Can't Handle the Truth.....
 
BMWJester5oS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 535xi M Sport, bone stock
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: the way BMW engineered it....

Posts: 38
iTrader: (0)

Congrats! Great Choice!
__________________
Well you asked.
And i am here to enlighten......
BMWJester5oS is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-26-2013, 11:57 AM   #9
tree
Enlisted Member
 
tree's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 535 xi MSport
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: colorado

Posts: 33
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grover432 View Post
I just got a new 2013 M Sport (xi) and the weight of the steering while making small corrections driving in a straight line is killing my forearms. How about you??
No such issues for me.
My last BMW was an E90 335. What I notice most is the level of luxury and ride comfort in the 5 vs 3. It is a surprising upgrade. The only other 5 series I owned was an E39 M5. It was a fantastic car (and I miss it) but nowhere near as refined as the F10.
tree is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-26-2013, 12:19 PM   #10
Diesel_Lover
Private First Class
 
Drives: 335d
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Indiana, USA

Posts: 139
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grover432 View Post
I just got a new 2013 M Sport (xi) and the weight of the steering while making small corrections driving in a straight line is killing my forearms. How about you??
Start doing some pushups in the morning!
Diesel_Lover is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-26-2013, 05:44 PM   #11
Grover432
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2013 535 XDrive
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Canada

Posts: 495
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by khai Dow View Post
Hmm, I think there might be something up. I find the steering on the light side of what I prefer, but perfectly acceptable. It also does return to the centre after a turn - i.e. I don't find any need to bring it back myself. When I jump into my other car, it feels incredibly heavy in comparison (Toyota Van).

I'm driving an ActiveHybrid 5 - probably similar in weight to a 535x...
Hard to compared steering specifications between models and even harder between countries, but thanks for your obeservation. It is likely you have electric steering though. Canadian X Drive cars have hydraulic steering.
__________________
2013 535 X Drive, Alpine White/M Sport/Executive/Apps/Black Dakota/Fineline Anthracite
Grover432 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-26-2013, 05:45 PM   #12
Grover432
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2013 535 XDrive
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Canada

Posts: 495
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel_Lover View Post
Start doing some pushups in the morning!
Something I've considered.
__________________
2013 535 X Drive, Alpine White/M Sport/Executive/Apps/Black Dakota/Fineline Anthracite
Grover432 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-27-2013, 08:44 PM   #13
khai Dow
Private
 
Drives: 2013 Activehybrid 5
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Thailand

Posts: 79
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tree
Hi all, I just bought a gently used 2013 535 xi M sport loaded with premium, cold weather, luxury seating, and technology pkgs. also has DHP, soft close doors, driver assist, HUD, rear sunshades, HK stereo. What a great ride! I don't feel the need to post pics- we all know what they look like.

My last car was a MB E350. A great car, but nowhere near as fun to drive as this one. I've had several BMW's before the MB. Happy to be back in a BMW.

Cheers and a happy safe holiday season to all
Don't feel the need to post pics??? You aren't going to fit in here at all. ;-)

Seriously though, I'm going to take a leap of faith here and say that we all love pics of cars, especially F10's. I for one vote that you get the pics in this post and put us out of our misery...
khai Dow is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-27-2013, 09:05 PM   #14
Grover432
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2013 535 XDrive
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Canada

Posts: 495
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tree View Post
No such issues for me.
My last BMW was an E90 335. What I notice most is the level of luxury and ride comfort in the 5 vs 3. It is a surprising upgrade. The only other 5 series I owned was an E39 M5. It was a fantastic car (and I miss it) but nowhere near as refined as the F10.
How many miles on your new F10?
__________________
2013 535 X Drive, Alpine White/M Sport/Executive/Apps/Black Dakota/Fineline Anthracite
Grover432 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-30-2013, 06:21 PM   #15
tree
Enlisted Member
 
tree's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 535 xi MSport
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: colorado

Posts: 33
iTrader: (0)

Went for an early AM Drive in the Colorado Rockies today.
This car is pure butter in the twisties!
Sport+ with paddle shifters

Name:  IMG_0169.JPG
Views: 290
Size:  612.9 KB
tree is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-30-2013, 06:22 PM   #16
tree
Enlisted Member
 
tree's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 535 xi MSport
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: colorado

Posts: 33
iTrader: (0)

14k and counting!
tree is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-30-2013, 08:22 PM   #17
Diesel_Lover
Private First Class
 
Drives: 335d
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Indiana, USA

Posts: 139
iTrader: (0)

I am so envious!

Post some pics please
Diesel_Lover is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-01-2013, 12:20 PM   #18
1FastSicilian
Private
 
Drives: 14' 535xi M-sport
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Westchester/Rockland, NY

Posts: 89
iTrader: (1)

congrats! best of luck
1FastSicilian is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:02 AM.




5post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST