View Single Post
      03-07-2013, 11:13 AM   #1
AndyT
Private
Rep
Drives: 2014 M5 CP UP

M5 Diffuser - The Proper Way

There are quite a few of M5 diffusers around, but I think not many have the proper adaptor to house all the sensor and modules and not many threads really making it clear to show the work needed to get it done.

Here is some of my work done.

When the stock diffuser is off, the first thing you will know is the M5 diffuser simply does not fit. The M Sport diffuser is too "square" to house the M5 Diffuser. You need this:

This little guy fits the M5 diffuser perfectly and save you the trouble to cut or saw your M Sport adaptor off. It has the holes, space to house the wiring but not quite the module.

You don't need to take the full bumper off to replace the adaptor. Only one side gives you enough space to take off the oem adaptor and put the M5 one on.

The problem is the M5 adaptor has the module places on the left instead on the right like the M Sport one.

But there is enough space to place the module on the right behind the adaptor and diffuser. I have wrapped the wires with protector because the housing is on the left. Yet, the sensor and wiring still fits nicely into the M5 adaptor.

The infamous sensor for Comfort Trunk

Now, I gotta schedule another day to put on the exhaust and M Sport Decal for the side skirt.

Hope this helps for any other looking for doing the M5 diffuser properly. It sure took me alot of time to get it right as there was partcular no pics regarding this installation and it is veyr hard to tell the detail of this installation with simple wording.

Attached Images

04 745i Sport
Appreciate 2