View Single Post
      08-06-2013, 09:40 AM   #1
XDEEDUBBX
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 535I

BMS N55 Intake Review

Whats up guys, just wanted to give a mini review on the BMS N55 intake for the F10. First off this is the 4th product I've ordered through BMS since owning my E90 and now F10 and I've yet to be dissapointed. I ordered it last week Thursday morning 8/1/13 and received it 8/2/13 noon time (pays to live in so cal sometimes LOL) the next day. Upon opening it up I noticed how nicely packaged it was (See pic below). It came with a few items:

Intake crazyWTF#!$ tube
Air filter (which can be cleaned and maintained with K&N filter recharging system)
And a nicely done bracket with BMS logo on it

I didn't bother taking too many pics of it cause the ones on the website do it justice. Installation literally took me less than 10 minutes but I can do it now in 5 mins. As far as after install results goes, I was very pleased with the product. Great craftsmanship and the fit and finish is awesome. After the install I still had the hood popped and fired her up. Revving the engine past 3k made a nice woosh blow off sound! While driving you can definitely here your turbo spool up now. For a while I almost forgot the F10 was turbocharged lol up until now. Pop the transmission in sport mode, go for a drive and shift past 3k you will hear the blow off sound in between shifts. Under mid to hard throttle your intake noise will be more throaty and sporty sounding. Yes your F10 will no longer sound like a Prius! Under normal driving you would never know it was there. As far as butt dyno goes, it's very hard to feel an extra 5-10 whp especially on a car with massive curb weight but for what it's worth I did notice a little increase in mid range power. I would definitely recommend it.

http://www.burgertuning.com/f10_535i...ce_intake.html
Attached Images

Last edited by XDEEDUBBX; 08-06-2013 at 09:46 AM..
Appreciate 0