View Single Post
      08-26-2013, 08:29 PM   #89
K-A
Nice
Rep
Drives: Porsche Macan S SportDesign

Quote:
Originally Posted by GXAlan View Post
I concur. I'm coming from a G35x. I was cross-shopping the IS350 F-Sport, GS350 F-Sport, Audi's, 3 and 5 series.

The IS350 F-Sport is great when you're pushing things to the limit. When you do that though, you're really doing something unsafe on public roads. Maybe when I was 18 or 21, I'd be foolish enough to do that. The A6 is actually a sportier car than the 5 series, but for luxury/craftsmanship, the 5 series is light years beyond every other car I looked at.

If I really wanted a track car, I'd get a Scion FR-S and race prep it. If I wanted a daily driver with handling as the #1 priority, the new Corvette is, by far, the smarter choice.

For a given budget, these would be my choices:

~ $30K
2 door: FR-S / BR-Z + mods
4 door: G37

~ $60K
2 door: Corvette
4 door: F10 5 series

~ $120K
2 door: GT-R
4 door: Model S

~ $250K
2 door: McLaren MP4-12C
4 door: Aston Martin Rapide
Very well said. You pretty much nailed my choices in the suggested segments and price points with the F10, Corvette (I hate Vette's and know that the new one with its gimmicky and overly sharp body will age terribly, look like an old crude joke in the future, kind of like the Camaro is already as those designs have no smooth timeless value.... however damn does it look intriguing right now), FR-S and Model S.
Appreciate 0