08-27-2013, 02:16 PM   #91
Keyser Soze
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-A View Post
I'm sorry but an M3 in every way possible aside from sporting dynamics is vastly inferior to an F10. What I mean is that if you want more luxury, interior quality/design, up to date tech, solidity, safety, craftsmanship, design beauty (IMO), etc. then the F10 is the superior *car*. That's why younger people here buy it. Not everyone thinks that a sportier and harder riding car is bar none better than a larger more luxurious one that wears its price tag more authentically when gauging it holistically.
The first thing you always mention is "Luxury", MBZ guy.

It's also not like F10 is hand stitched together by craftsmen with exotic hand prepared leather or anything either, and despite everyone's badge snobbiness vs. 3 series interiors they aren't "that" different considering it's $10k more for the typical F10. They are coming from the same vast array of parts bins for the most part but are just "bigger."

M3 is made for the track enthusiast and for more aggressive driving, and it obviously does it quite well while also maintaining enough on-street comfort to not rattle your teeth loose and leave you with an L5/S1 disk hernia. Just think of it as a rather uncomfortable massage chair, I guess.

Most F10 buyers are former 5 owners but I am guessing some of the 20-35 somethings in F10 are coming from econoboxes and just want something more expensive, not necessarily better performing then what they had before. Others may perceive themselves as "above" a "lowly" 3 buyer, either financially justified or not, and feel the need to assuage their own insecurity by downgrading the 3 wherever possible.