K-A
Nice
Rep
Drives: Porsche Macan S SportDesign

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighConcept
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyser Soze View Post
The first thing you always mention is "Luxury", MBZ guy.

It's also not like F10 is hand stitched together by craftsmen with exotic hand prepared leather or anything either, and despite everyone's badge snobbiness vs. 3 series interiors they aren't "that" different considering it's $10k more for the typical F10. They are coming from the same vast array of parts bins for the most part but are just "bigger."

M3 is made for the track enthusiast and for more aggressive driving, and it obviously does it quite well while also maintaining enough on-street comfort to not rattle your teeth loose and leave you with an L5/S1 disk hernia. Just think of it as a rather uncomfortable massage chair, I guess.

Most F10 buyers are former 5 owners but I am guessing some of the 20-35 somethings in F10 are coming from econoboxes and just want something more expensive, not necessarily better performing then what they had before. Others may perceive themselves as "above" a "lowly" 3 buyer, either financially justified or not, and feel the need to assuage their own insecurity by downgrading the 3 wherever possible.
Regardless if the parts reside from the same bin, it's the design that ultimately determine the results. Imagine similar sized rooms, but one treated by an interior designer and another by someone less experienced -- the professional would proceed to develop a sense of space, create mood through cerebral use of color choice and nuances in contours, then garnish a presence of comfort by establishing proper cadence.

The inexperienced person however, would've rendered the room feeling very diminutive and lets just say...a little less classy. That's how I actually feel sometimes when sitting in any 3er, and for correct reason since it IS a tier lower. It has absolutely nothing to do with superiority or the likes, just an opinion in adjacent to comparing a beer to fine wine.

What K-A did was NOT condescend any class of BMW, but simply expressed his/her opinion to your surmising comment on why he feels these "kids" aren't in an M3. YOUR comment is of pure speculation and prejudice with no resolution. And how is a person assuaging their insecurity by downgrading a 3 when they could've afforded one in place of the 5? I believe that archetype conclusion is in reverse.

And you're 45? I would've never noticed that maturity from these previous posts considering how silly it is to debate such issues because from a subjective point of view, it falls purely on personality and preference. Either way, let's all try and get along because you know...you DO own a 5 series lol.
Very well said! Love the example of different room designers, spot on.
Appreciate 0