08-29-2013, 01:30 AM   #108
HighConcept
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F-Ten ///M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atombyte View Post
Exactly. I apparently made the mistake of saying a 2013 5-series isn't superior to a 2013 E92 M3, even though I own both and know the pros and cons of both. They're different animals designed for different purposes. The 5er is better as far as roominess, fuel economy, practicality, and has more modern electronics. The M3 has the superior engine, transmission, brakes, suspension, differential, and steering. Fit and finish between the F10 535 and E92 M3 in my garage are pretty much identical. I seem to be missing the huge gap between the door and B pillar a previous poster was talking about.

What I found interesting is that younger folks in their 20's were going for the 5er. Granted, the 5 is a ridiculously good-looking car, but it is kind of a big car and something I would associate with an older driver. I would've thought younger drivers would go for something a bit less "mature".
I do agree the whole 3 vs 5 debate you all participated in was a bit off topic. The defense only conformed to K-A as I felt, was insulted on a personal level...then have all 5ers stringed to an age-group generalized within that spectrum.

In retrospect, what's with the profiling and stereotype? A person in their 20s especially mid-late age isn't "mature" enough to indulge in a saloon/sedan and "should" be driving an M3? The possibility doesn't occur maybe by that age some have completed college and already within incipiency of raising a family?

And trust me...plenty of members in their 20s are motoring the M3 than 5s; they just so happen have the proclivity to lounge at the E9x or equivalent section of the forums. Anyway, whatever the age/personality discrepancies are...let's try and diminish the fanboyism a bit.

We should stop disrespecting the OP's natural intention for this thread or its: and
Appreciate 0