View Single Post
      07-01-2014, 06:00 PM   #48
gclions
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 550i

Update

Tubing came in today, filters yesterday. Machine shop is cutting out flanges, hope to have them welded onto tubing by Thursday. I'll install the intakes and drive it hard this weekend to look for codes, then if all checks out I'll get her on the dyno first available appointment.

That said, just pulled codes after a hard run today led to a drivetrain malfunction, I got the following:

102402 HFAMM 2, Operating Range: Period duration too low, air mass too high
102302 HFAMM, Operating Range: Period duration too low, air mass too high
800334 CID: PWM reduction on account of overtemperature
801C15 Central Gateway Module: Fault is stored

I'm concerned that the HFAMM codes caused the drivetrain malfunction, there's a 50/50 chance one or both did. If I got the fault with stock intakes, we might have trouble coming up with an option for the N63. The last thing we need is the car to believe it is running lean and cutting back power.

Now, if anyone knows what the heck code 800334 is, please let me know. I'm going to search for it, but as a group we can probably figure it out. An overtemperature condition could just as likely be the culprit here.

Worst case I'm going to eat the cost of materials and machine work, which hasn't been cheap, but I should be able to return the filters. Cross your fingers guys.