View Single Post
      12-05-2014, 11:20 AM   #3
///M5Driver
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: gaggle of BMW's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valery.BMW View Post
Hi, this issue is one of the most mystic ones because BMW has no statistics and no instructions about it:
- US and European cars can be pulling to the right,
- UK cars can be pulling to the left,
- some lucky cars drive dead straight, hence no complaint.

The issue for US market is described in the largest thread here: http://f10.5post.com/forums/showthre...409049&page=31
Example how it mirrors with the UK cars/roads is here: http://www.bmwland.co.uk/forums/view...p?f=5&t=119932

Therefore the global name for it should be "F10 is pulling to the nearside" and my understanding is that F10 front suspension (together with it's alignment variables) is too sensitive to road camber and maybe some very minor adjustment deviations.

In different cases (see the US thread) with the older or the newer (restyle) cars of different age, mileage and many suspension specifics, the issue has been either totally eliminated, gone itself or stay regardless of the efforts applied. Neither general statistics, nor a single cure for it, so it is totally case to case issue.

The other members went different ways and level of effort was also very different. Silver bullet still doesn't exist, the results are also very different, I just don't want to use the word "random". Summarizing the thread, what did help: wheel alignment (KDS), suspension arms replacement (wishbones, tension struts etc.), software update, tire pressure alignment, and so on.

In my particular "pulling case" (2011 xDrive, no DHP, factory M Sport suspension, OEM stabs, staggered 20" wheels) I tested the steering at the right side of the road, then at the left side (to change road camber), and then at the huge and flat parking (mall) tonight. Pulling was like 1/2" to the right, well noticeable upon steering wheel's shifters. Then I took pictures and went to my dealer. They did the complete suspension check, replaced both arms and then did KDS alignment just once. Since that time (2 years ago) the steering is precise.
I appreciate the response! This helps out a lot. When they replaced the suspension arms were they the uppers or lowers? I'm still concerned about the bushing in the "torque arm" creating a lot of this pull especially in grooves (similar experience in my e46 until I replaced the CAB's).
Appreciate 0