View Single Post
      05-27-2015, 12:05 PM   #29
SonicEndeavor
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 535i MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by rd62 View Post
What should the cost of a spring and bump stop install run? I'm thinking of getting mine done on my 550 M Sport.
It depends on where you live, but here in Southern California it's $350-$400 for installation. You'll need an alignment as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss330 View Post
I drive a lot on rough roads here in Norway. The springs had a much bigger impact on ride quality than my M5 Competition Pack front sway bar and M550d rear sway bar. I installed the sway bars over a year after installing my Eibach springs. The springs firmed up the ride and improved it. The sway bars aren't noticeable under normal driving but shines when cornering at speed. The sway bars was a MAJOR improvement for handling, without a noticeable downside in everyday driving!

Eibach Pro Kit springs has a super ride, not bouncy and a perfect drop IMO.
It's more uneven pavement that causes issues whenever you create a tighter coupling between both sides of the car. Any dip in the road that only impacts one side of the car causes the car to pitch more to that side rather than the suspension working independently. For some, the trade off of better cornering is worth it, but it's something to consider. If there was no penalty, the BMW would have designed the suspension with larger sways

Last edited by SonicEndeavor; 05-27-2015 at 12:17 PM..
Appreciate 0