View Single Post
      06-16-2015, 07:02 AM   #92
TShoot
Private
Rep
Drives: 535xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sadclown View Post
Update: After the recommended 50 miles between each setting, I just got to setting F. Needed to take the car in for service, so I pulled the Racechip Ultimate out and was surprised how noticeable a decline in performance I felt. Since I haven't dyno'ed, no zero to 60, etc etc, just going by butt dyno. It is a significant jump in performance. I may opt to Dyno soon, because I'm genuinely curious to know what power the car is making.

Anyway, no issues with the BMW dealer "seeing" anything. I did completely remove Racechip, and it is a much quicker process after you do it only 2 times.

Also, replacing windshields is f'ing expensive. ($1500!!) Doesn't look like there is an OEM option for my particular model either otherwise I would have jumped on that.

Popped Racechip back on after service, and again surprised with the gains I'm feeling. Well worth the $600 bucks in my opinion.

Thinking about replacing charge pipe next. Anyone notice any additional gains/improvements with tune and charge pipe upgrade?

Thanks.
Good feedback. I think you get acclimated to the performance improvement until you remove it go back to factory performance.

I haven't had mine off in a while but still loving the extra kick. I'll have to see how mine feels when I take it off for the next service.
Appreciate 1