View Single Post
      12-29-2015, 08:02 AM   #8
VB5ER
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Space Grey 2011 535i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gpfarrell View Post
I don't think they're interested in selling that car right now. As buyers with money in our hand, we are inclined to think the dealership should be all about us. But in this case, maybe an easy spiff to a very productive employee would be, " Here, enjoy the 550 for awhile".

Now, the sales lady shouldn't have lied. And I'm not a fan of trash inside cars... but it was parked in back because it's not being offered as the deal o the day, and some parking spots are near pine trees.

Now, whenever I'm a serious buyer I never drop by a dealership. My time is too valuable to play roulette on which salesperson I get. I call in advance, make an appointment, and then they have every opportunity to meet my expectations. I'll bet given that opportunity they would have met yours too.
I definitely agree with you, I don't think they are interested in selling it. I'm sure those guys don't get many opportunities to drive such an awesome car. The 550 msport used have been pretty scarce and I was really just disappointed in the experience. I've bought 3 BMWs from the BMW Dealership here from the same guy and he is great to deal with. If they had one I would def call him first to make sure he would be there and prep the car. Just expected more considering the type of dealership, car, and price. It's all good though, the impulse to buy a monster has passed, GF says that I drive the 535 too fast already and 445hp would get me in trouble. The voice of reason, that's why I love her. Thanks for the insight though, its always good to see things from a different perspective.
Appreciate 0