View Single Post
      02-12-2016, 11:43 AM   #21
Jamesmick
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 M5 Azurite Black

I'm digging mine so far. Installed them last month and they are broken in. Agree with your assessment generally.

While I do love the subs themselves, I'm disappointed with the install video. It really is not in keeping with prior Bavsound info and instructions. It cuts at all of the important parts and leaves out stuff that is pretty important. Stuff that seems to be missing:
  1. Info on whether to cut out the rubber below the carpet that appears to touch the woofer when installed. There is a super brief mention of it in the video, but no clear explanation or instruction.
  2. Video of taking out and putting in the enclosure. The video cuts away at these important parts. I was able to get them both in and out but others appear to have trouble. Why not show the process?
  3. Disclaimer about over-tightening (and breaking) the screws holding down the grill. Apparently I'm not the only one to have cracked a screw.
  4. Video cut away when removing the old woofer. I did find an easy way to remove mine and am blanking on how I did it now. Wish I remembered so I could help others. Shoot.

I'm thinking I'm not getting proper sound from the woofers because I didn't cut away the rubber/something on the bottom of the carpet that appears to abut the woofer on the door side. I'm guessing this is preventing appropriate travel of the speaker. I'll have to take the seats out again and try to cut that away without damaging the woofer - or will have to take the woofers out again before trying to cut that out.

Either that or I need to add the weather stripping to complete the seal. I didn't get an email about it, but for some reason they just don't quite sound like they are hitting as tight or as hard as they should.

With the stock amp they definitely added some punch. I also recently installed a bimmertech amp and need to do some tuning to get these babies singing. Can't wait to either use the knowledge and expertise from someone else to load up a new tune or toy around with it more myself (though my attempts so far haven't been stellar. haha).

Overall I recommend the subs for sure. They are a great compliment to the Stage 1. This is the 2nd system I've had from Bavsound (formerly BSW) in my BMWs and love them!! I just wish more time had been put into the instructions as it would have saved me and others some time and frustration.
Appreciate 1