View Single Post
      05-09-2016, 11:57 AM   #5
Teddylongtooth
ZEROdoubleZERO
Rep
Drives: 2011 550i m sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchillerM View Post
I have an E39 M5 right now and am in the market for a new vehicle. I would love to get an F10 but I don't find it comfortable for anything over 10 minutes.
The issue is the center console area. When I get myself in a comfortable position, similar to how I sit in my E39, my knee is right on the corner of dash and center console. The problem is that my knee can't angle towards the center of car, the trim keeps it in too much of an upright position and after a little bit my knee starts hurting. I have the same issue as a passanger in front, I have to slide the seat way back to be able to be comfortable.
On the E39 they had a US and an EU lower dash, is there something like this for the F10? Is there any way to get more width in the seating areas?
Having to look at the E70 X5 or F01 as alternatives to the F10.

Thoughts?
See attached picture for the area I am talking about in case my rambling wasn't clear.
Matt

How tall are you? I'm 5'11" and some of my buddies that are over 6' I noticed there knee was touching in the same place. Maybe if your a taller gent you might want to look at the 7 series m sport in the Li version, it may have more leg room. If your not tall than maybe this just isn't a car you can be comfortable in.
Appreciate 0