View Single Post
      02-09-2017, 04:36 PM   #2
BMWisFRIEND
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '21 BMW M550i

Quote:
Originally Posted by G35POPPEDMYCHERRY View Post
So coming over from the F80 fourm, just wanted a few ways to a dressed up 5 series vs. an actual m5. Guy keep parking next to me, keeps saying how is car is an M and blah blah. I could give a rats ass, but I just want to know for myself, I won't even blow his spot over it. Its obvs debadged. My guess for the giveaway is no M brakes like the blue calipers. Is that correct for all m5 models? any other ways to tell. Thanks

Guys please save the "i shouldnt care what anyone else is driving and pissing match dribble" Just want to know Thanks

TL;DR how to tell an m5 is legit?
Quad exhaust, little m5 badges in the side vent/panel, m5 badge in the grille up front, look inside and see if there's an M in the instrument cluster, gear selector is more circular than the one the normal 5 series have. oh, look around the gear selector and see if rather than "comfort/sport," he has suspension/steering/other settings individually. a lot more customization in the m.

if he's missing any of these, it's just something he put on aftermarket (instrument cluster or gear selector would be the biggest pain to do, so id check there).

plus a million other things but someone could have a 528d and it'd have a bunch of m badges, just not in the places i mentioned above.
Appreciate 0