07-17-2017, 08:26 AM   #44
Surly73
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: '11 535xi 8AT KWv3 MPE MHD xHP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmw doubles View Post
The rear is the most notable difference. Just gonna throw this in here because I've have plenty of seat time now with my rear and front. The 650 rear is totally worth it. The M5 front is not noticeable. If you want to feel a change up from the get the M5 front that's in that competition package.
What I found is that the front bar takes out most of the ridiculous amount of lean present in a non ARS, base suspension F10. From the factory I felt like my steering wheel was connected to hydraulics that made the car lean before it turned.

But, the larger rear is required to balance out the handling of the car or it will understeer. Really - you should do both - front to reduce the dramatic amounts of roll and the rear to restore balance.

Obviously the rear takes lean out too, but the driver feels the front leaning most. If you did rear only, you may have a very responsive car (perhaps even oversteering) but the front end extreme lean will remain.

It's possible that option 704 cars may have larger bars from the start and less of an issue than base, passive suspension pre-LCI cars. YMMV.
Appreciate 0