View Single Post
      07-23-2017, 06:47 PM   #5
Bbb34
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: '11 535i 6sp. DHP/RWD

Ha ha, thanks guys, you made me feel a bit better, but still....
What I didn't communicate properly in my first post is that I'm as far as one can possibly be from every having any interest in owning a truck. Every other house in the neighborhood has one, and I was never even slightly tempted.

Yes I have rented few trucks while ago, but never really saw the appeal. I always assumed you buy one if you "needed" one, be it for business, towing or living in rural area, using it for farming duties and what not. But what this one did for me is, uhm... yeah, I kinda get it now, this isn't so bad at all. From what my friends tell me, for whatever their opinion is worth (one is Ford F15 owner), Dodge isn't what they would personally pick, but honestly I found there's lots to like. I'm sure V8 helped me form favorable opinion as this is otherwise pretty stripped down truck when it comes to options/luxury.
For sure I would compare few of them before picking my favorite.
(I personally like the look of Ford trucks the best, a bit "square" but I find them most "rugged"- though that's subjective of course)

We're also very active family, mountain biking, skiing, camping, frequent trips to lakes, on the go all the time, and have brutal winters where we live, so 4x4 can't hurt (though my RWD is still fun, even during the winter ). So now when I "saw the light" and gave it a bit of thought, this would indeed fit into our lifestyle perfectly. Who knows, maybe one day.

Trips to gas station are just brutal though, if I ever decided to get one, I'd most likely look for diesel.
Appreciate 0