08-23-2017, 06:34 PM   #9
mike@x-ph.com
Joint Chiefs of Staff
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinan_Engineering View Post
Nothing really to say. This isn't a Dinan motor but a SD AutoTech motor (Steve Dinan's service centers and race shop). There are a few of these built motors around though from what I have heard (or at least a couple in the pipeline). Before Steve left Dinan Corp for Ganassi we did the first built motor on our shop F10 M5 but the R&R and everything that needed to be done to the thing to make it a viable/reliable solution meant the cost was astronomical and not something you could really sell to the retail public save for those that would want to do it regardless of cost. For that reason it never made it to market--- simply was no money in it. As a race shop though SD AutoTech is doing some of these custom motors and from what I hear they have recreated the magic a few times for a handful of different adventuring enthusiasts (not for race cars per se but I am sure they find some time at the track).

As for our shop car (always the next question), we sold it about 2 years ago to a local guy with the built system in it and its still running strong the last time I ran into him. Of course that one wasn't a 1000 HP monster or anything. I think we capped that one out at just shy of 800 HP if memory serves.
Makes sense, thank you

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 0