View Single Post
      07-25-2018, 03:58 PM   #1
Rick-F
Rep
Drives: 2014 535ix M-Sport

Problem with Car Access System

2014 F10 535iX

Yesterday I walked by the right (passenger in US) side of my car, and all the doors unlocked and the mirrors folded down. The real disturbing part was some relay in the Car Access System continued to activate/cycle . The sound seemed to be located just behind the fuel access door.

I pressed every button on the fob many times until the system stopped making the noise.

Today I tested the situation again: With the fob in my pocket I approached the right side from the front, when I got to the middle of the front door-- the doors unlocked and the mirrors unfolded. Approaching from the rear, when I got near the tail light, it happened again.

The fob seems to work fine-- locks & unlocks normally from a distance, The Comfort Access works fine from the driver's side (left).

I honestly don't mind the Proximity Unlock feature, but the CAS gets stuck in some sort of loop . . . and continues to activate what sounds like a relay. It's a fairly loud sound/clicking.

One other symptom that is probably related: When I get in and press the Start Button, I get the message that the car can't start because the fob is not in the car-- I can press the button again, and it starts fine.

Anyone have any ideas what can fix this?
Appreciate 0